ACCENTURE Verbal and Non verbal,aptitude and anlytical questions and answers
Verbal Reasoning: 20 Questions
Analytical Reasoning: 20 Questions
Quantitative Aptitude: 15 Questions
Verbal reasoning (20 questions)
1. A, B, C, D and E play a game of cards. A says to B, “If you give me three cards, you will have as many as E has and if I give you three cards, you will have as many as D has.” A and B together had 10 cards more than what D and E together have. If B has two cards more than what C has and the total number of cards be 133, how many cards does B have?
2. At a dinner party every two guests used a bowl of rice between them, every three guests used a bowl of dal between them and every four used a bowl of meat between them. There were altogether 65 dishes. How many guests were present at the party?
3. Village K is to the North of the village R. The village S is in the East of Village K. The village J is to the left of the village R. In which direction is the village J with respect to village S?
4. ‘Nun’ is related to ‘Convent’ in the same way as ‘Hen’ is related to:
5.’Reading’ is related to ‘knowledge’ in the same way as ‘Work’ is related to:
6. How many points will be on the face opposite to in face which contains 2 points?
7. In the questiongiven below two statements are given and these statements are followed by two conclusions numbered (1) and (2). You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Statements: Some papers are pens. All the pencils are pens.
Some pens are pencils.
Some pens are papers.
A. Only (1) conclusion follows
B. Only (2) conclusion follows
C. Either (1) or (2) follows
D. Neither (1) nor (2) follows
E. Both (1) and (2) follow
8. Which one will replace the question mark ?
Ans wer the questions(9-12) from the information given below
All the opposite faces of a big cube are coloured with red, black and green colours. After that is cut into 64 small equal cubes.
9. How many small cubes are there whose no faces are coloured ?
10. How many small cubes are there whose only one face is coloured ?
11. How many small cubes are there whose 3 faces are coloured ?
12. How many small cubes are there whose at the most two faces are coloured ?
13. Read both the statements and decide which of the following Ans wer choice correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements.
The meteorological Department has issued a statement mentioning deficient rainfall during monsoon in many parts of the country.
The Government has lowered the revised estimated GDP growth from the level of earlier estimates.
A. Statement I is the cause and statement II is its effect.
B. Statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect.
C. Both the statements I and II are independent causes.
D. Both the statements I and II are effects of independent causes.
E. Both the statements I and II are effects of some common cause.
14. f M x N meAns M is the daughter of N; M + N meAns M is the father of N; M % N meAns M is the mother of N and M – N meAns M is the brother of N then P % Q + R – T x K indicates which relation of P to K?
D. None of these
15. If A + B meAns A is the brother of B; A – B meAns A is the sister of B and A x B meAns A is the father of B. Which of the following meAns that C is the son of M?
A. M – N x C + F
B. F – C + N x M
C. N + M – F x C
D. M x N – C + F
16. Pointing to a person, Deepak said, “His only brother is the father of my daughter’s father”. How is the person related to Deepak?
17. If A $ B meAns A is the brother of B; A @ B meAns A is the wife of B; A # B meAns A is the daughter of B and A * B meAns A is the father of B, which of the following indicates that U is the father-in-law of P?
A. P @ Q $ T # U * W
B. P @ W $ Q * T # U
C. P @ Q $ W * T # U
D. P @ Q $ T # W * U
18. What is found necessarily in milk?
19. A train always has
20. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
1. Family 2. Community 3. Member 4. Locality 5. Country
A. 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
B. 3, 1, 2, 5, 4
C. 3, 1, 4, 2, 5
D. 3, 1, 4, 5, 2
Analytical Reasoning (20 questions)
1. Count the number of squares in the given figure.
2. Find the number of quadrilaterals in the given figure.
3. Count the number of triangles and squares in the given figure.
Ans -40 triangles, 7 squares
4. What is the minimum number of straight lines that is needed to construct the figure?
5. Determine the number of rectangles and hexagons in the given figure.
6. A man said to woman ” your only brother’s son is my wife’s brother”. How is the woman related to the man’s wife…
7. Zulus always speak truth and Hutus always speak lies. There are three persons A,B&C. A met B and says “I am a Zulu or I am Hutu”. We don’t know what exactly he said. then B meets C and says to c that ” A is a Zulu “. Then C replied “No, A is a Hutu “.
How many Zulus are there? Who must be a Zulu?
8. In a total of 36 vehicles after one car there is one scooter. After 2nd car there will be two scooters and after 3rd car there will be 3 scooters so on. Then find the number of scooters in the right half of arrangement.
Ans . 13
9. A is the widow of B. B & C were the only children of E. C is unmarried and is a doctor. D is the grand daughter of E and studies science. How is A related to D.
a)Aunt b) daughter c) sister d) sister_in_law
Ans : b
10. Boys are allowed to watch football at c.v.Raman auditorium subjected to conditions.
i) The boy over age 16 can wear overcoat
ii) No boy over age 15 can wear cap
iii) To watch the football either he has to wear overcoat or cap or both
iv) A boy with an umbrella or above 16 or both cannot wear sweater.
v) Boys must either not watch football or wear sweater.
What is the appearance of the boy who is watching football?
11. There are 3 nurses and they work altogether only once in a week. no nurse is called to work for 3 consecutive days. Nurse 1 is off on tueseday, thursday and sunday. nurse 2 is off on saturday. Nurse 3 is off on thursday, sunday. no two nurses are off more than once a week. Find the day on which all the 3 nurses were on work.
12. There are 5 persons a,b,c,d,e and each is wearing a block or white cap on his head. a person can see the caps of the remaining 4 but can’t see his own cap. a person wearing white says true and who wears block says false.
i) a says i see 3 whites and 1 block
i) b says i see 4 blocks
iii) e says i see 4 whites
iv) c says i see 3 blocks and 1 white.
now find the caps weared by a,b,c,d and e
13. Which of the following options are true
Alphine tunnels are closed tunnels. in the past 30 yrs not even a single accident has been recorded for there is one accident in the rail road system. even in case of a fire accident it is possible to shift the passengers into adjacent wagons and even the living fire can be detected and extinguished with in the duration of 30 min.
A. no accident can occur in the closed tunnels
B. fire is allowed to live for 30 min.
C. All the care that travel in the tunnels will be carried by rail shutters.
14. All Hopes are Dupes All fears are liars so
i) All hopes are fears
ii) All dupes are liars
15. 6 persons A,B,C,D,E,F are playing a game of cards . A’s father and mother ,uncle were in the gang. There were two women. B is the mother of A gets more points then her husband. D got more points then E but less then F. Niece of E got the lowest points. Father of A agot More points then F. But would not win the game.
i) Who won the game?
a) A b) B c) F d) D
Ans : b
ii) who got lowest points ?
a) A b) C c) E d) B
Ans : a
iii) who is the husband of B ?
a) F b) E c) D d) c
Ans : c
iV) B was one of the lady. who was other lady?
a) C b) D c) E d) A
Ans : a
v) who stood second in the game?
a) A b) B c) C d) D
Ans : c
16. Find the number of triangles in the given figure.
17. Find the minimum number of straight lines required to make the given figure.
18. Find the minimum number of straight lines required to make the given figure.
19. What is the number of straight lines and the number of triangles in the given figure.
Ans – 9 straight lines and 36 triangles
20. Find the number of triangles in the given figure.
Quantitative aptitude(15 questions)
1. A train overtakes two persons walking along a railway track. The first one walks at 4.5 km/hr. The other one walks at 5.4 km/hr. The train needs 8.4 and 8.5 seconds respectively to overtake them. What is the speed of the train if both the persons are walking in the same direction as the train?
A. 66 km/hr
B. 72 km/hr
C. 78 km/hr
D. 81 km/hr
2. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
A. 9 a.m.
B. 10 a.m.
C. 10.30 a.m.
D. 11 a.m.
3. A grocer has a sale of Rs. 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs. 6500?
A. Rs. 4991
B. Rs. 5991
C. Rs. 6001
D. Rs. 6991
4. The average weight of 8 person’s increases by 2.5 kg when a new person comes in place of one of them weighing 65 kg. What might be the weight of the new person?
A. 76 kg
B. 76.5 kg
C. 85 kg
D. Data inadequate
5. Complete the series 8, 7, 11, 12, 14, 17, 17, 22, (….)
6. Complete the series1, 8, 27, 64, 125, 216, (….)
7.A and B take part in 100 m race. A runs at 5 kmph. A gives B a start of 8 m and still beats him by 8 seconds. The speed of B is:
A. 5.15 kmph
B. 4.14 kmph
C. 4.25 kmph
D. 4.4 kmph
8.At a game of billiards, A can give B 15 points in 60 and A can give C to 20 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 90?
A. 30 points
B. 20 points
C. 10 points
D. 12 points
9.Let N be the greatest number that will divide 1305, 4665 and 6905, leaving the same remainder in each case. Then sum of the digits in N is:
10. The greatest number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
11. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9 p.c.p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
A. Rs. 4462.50
B. Rs. 8032.50
C. Rs. 8900
D. Rs. 8925
12. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in Scheme B?
A. Rs. 6400
B. Rs. 6500
C. Rs. 7200
D. Rs. 7500
13. Seats for Mathematics, Physics and Biology in a school are in the ratio 5 : 7 : 8. There is a proposal to increase these seats by 40%, 50% and 75% respectively. What will be the ratio of increased seats?
A. 2 : 3 : 4
B. 6 : 7 : 8
C. 6 : 8 : 9
D. None of these
14. In a mixture 60 litres, the ratio of milk and water 2 : 1. If the this ratio is to be 1 : 2, then the quanity of water to be further added is:
A. 20 litres
B. 30 litres
C. 40 litres
D. 60 litres
15. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
A. 2 : 5
B. 3 : 5
C. 4 : 5
D. 6 : 7