- Which natural disaster causes more deaths than any other?
- The natural process of the earths atmosphere heating through the traping of re-radiated
infra-red radiation is known as
a) Global warming
b) Green house effect
c) Solar heating
d) Thermal inversion
- Temperate forests are likely to have which of the following species of trees?
- About what percentage of Earth people live in areas where water shortage are common.
a) 40 percent
b) 30 percent
c) 45 percent
d) 25 percent
- Which of the following is not associated with industrial food production?
a) The use of fossil fuels
b) Chemical fertilizers
c) Large amount of labour
- With what bio-region is the team ‘steppe’ associated?
a) Coniferous forest
b) Tropical forests
d) Grass land
- In which of the following areas do international environmental treaties exist?
c) Ocean pollution
- What percentage of earths water is fresh water
a) 75 percent
b) 3 percent
c) 27 percent
d) 10 percent
- Which country ratified the Kyoto protocol in late 2004 and thus caused it to become
- The world’s growing appetite for what food product is a leading cause of tropical
- Between 1950 and 1980, an area of the size of Denmark has been decertified in which
- If current rates of deforestation continues in south-east Asia, then how many years would
it take for the region to become completely stripped of its forest?
- In what type of bio-region is desertification most likely to occur?
a) Temperate forest
c) Tropical forests
d) Grass lands
- Why is cattle ranching not sustainable in areas that were formerly tropical forests?
a) Cattle reaching quickly exhausts the nutrient-poor soil of tropical rainforests.
b) Cattle waste is toxic to rainforest soils.
c) Both (a) and (b)
- According tom United National estimate, about how much of the world’s range-lands
are threatened by desertification?
a) 60 percent
b) 70 percent
c) 50 percent
d) 30 percent
- Tropo pause is the boundary line between troposphere and ———
- Shrubs, thickest and stunted trees like kikar, jal and others are found in
a) evergreen forests
b) deciduous forests
c) dry forests
d) hill forests
- The study of day-to-day variations in weather is called
- The ionosphere includes
d) Both (b) and (c)
- According to your text, what can “be thought of as the genetic library that keeps life going
b) Human genes
c) The human genome project
- b, 2. b, 3. d
- a, 5. c, 6. d
- d, 8. b, 9. a
- c, 11. a, 12. c
- d, 14. a ,15. a
- b, 17. d, 18. b
- d, 20. a