Course : MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Branch : MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Company in which selected : AMDOCS
Aptitude Test : 25 Minutes
Reasoning / Analytical : 15 Minutes
Verbal English : 20 Minutes
Technical : 60 Minutes
Details of types of questions asked in each of the sections:
The written test is an online test which is conducted by MeritTrac. It has 6 sections:
1. It contains 20 apti questions for 25 minutes. The questions are easy but u should utilise the time properly.
2. It has 15 analytical questions for 15 minutes.
3. It has a technical passage and below which 10 questions are asked which can be answered from the passage. It is for 20 minutes.
4. It has 20 ‘C’ questions for 20 minutes. Here we can opt ‘C’ or ‘C++’ or ‘Java’ language questions.
5. It has 20 sql questions for 20 minutes.
6. It has 20 unix questions for 20 minutes.
Details of the process and your contribution:
First written test will be there for 2 hrs. Then there will be a technical interview and then HR.
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (TECHNICAL)
For me technical interview is for 30 minutes. First he asked me to introduce myself. Then he asked the technical questions like:
1. write a workable program for the following:
l1: He went to office
l2: She is going to market
The output is in such a way that, it has print the words from the first sentence which is not there in second sentence. For example, the word ‘He’ is there in l1 and it is not there in l2. So, it should be printed. The word ‘to’ is there both in l1 and l2. So, it should not be printed.
2. He gave one table and asked to write a query.
3. Next, he asked abt PPID in unix and it’s related questions.
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (HR)
The HR asked me to introduce myself. Then he asked some details about my family. For me, HR interview lasted for 5 to 10 minutes.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCES
I am so happy while writing the written test because they touched up on many subjects and I felt that whatever I prepared is helped in this. After written, they shortlisted 9 students from 90 students who attended for written test. Then there was technical and HR interview. At the end of the day, the results were declared and I was so happy.
SUGGESTIONS TO JUNIORS
It is a pattern followed by the company this year but it may change by the next year. Every company will be like this, the pattern of the interview questions depends on the panel members of the company, who visited that year. So, you should be strong in ur subjects whatever you prepared. Be confident while going to the interview. Confidence
plays an important role in interviews. Improve your communication skills. Prepare well for ur campus. All the best.