1. A family, planning a weekend trip, decides to spend not more than a total of 8 hours driving. By leaving early in the morning, they can average 40 miles per hour on the way to their destination. Due to the heavy Sunday traffic, they can average only 30 miles per hour on the return trip. What is the farthest distance from home they can plan to go?
(a) 120 miles or less (b) Between 120and 140 miles (c) 140 miles
(d) Between 140 and 160 miles (e) 160 miles or more
2. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip. If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?
(a) Less than 2 gallons (b) 2 gallons (c) 2 1/2 gallons
(d) 3 gallons (e) More than 3 gallons
3. A 3-gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to a mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
(a) 1/2 gallon (b) 2/3 gallon (c) 3/4 gallon (d) 1 gallon (e) 1 1/2 gallon
4. A tree grows only 3/5 as fast as the one beside it. In four years the combined growth of the two trees is eight feet.
How much does the shorter tree grow in two years?
(a) Less than 2 feet (b) 2 feet (c) 2 1/2 feet
(d) 3 feet (e) more than 3 feet.
5. Wind flows at 160 miles in 330 minutes, for traveling 80 miles how much time does it require?
(a) 1 hour 30 minutes (b) 1 hour 45 minutes (c) 2 hours
(d) 2 hours 45 minutes (e) 3 hours
6. A stationary engine has enough fuel to run 12 hours when its tank is 4/5 full. How long will it run when the tank is 1/3 full?
(a) Less than 2 hours (b) 2 hours (c) 3 hours
(d) 4 hours (e) 5 hours
7. If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in meters per second?
(a) 1/2 m/sec (b) 1m/sec (c) 1 1/2 m/sec (d) 2 m/sec (e) 3 m/sec
8. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3. What is the answer he should have actually got?
(a) 0 (b) 1/3 (c) 1 (d) 2 (e) 3
9. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 30% and the width is decreased by 20%, then the area is increased by…
(a) 10% (b) 5% (c) 4% (d) 20% (e) 25%
10. In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 10 (e) 30
11. The most economical prices among the following prices is:
(a) 10 kilo for Rs.160 (b) 2 kilo for Rs.30 (c) 4 kilo for Rs.70
(d) 20 kilo for Rs.340 (e) 8 kilo for Rs.130
12. A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
(a) 36 (b) 52 (c) 88 (d) 124 (e) 114
13. A man was arrested for exceeding the speed limit by 10 miles an hour. A second man was charged with exceeding the same limit by twice as much. The second man was driving 35 miles per hour. What was the speed limit?
(a) 10 miles per hour (b) 15 miles per hour (c) 20 miles per hour
(d) 25 miles per hour (e) 30 miles per hour
14. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister’s age. Next year he will be only twice her age. How old will Pandit be after five years?
(a) 8 (b) 12 (c) 11 (d) 13 (e) 15
15. If two pencils cost 8 cents, then how much do 5 pencils cost?
(a) 18 cents (b) 20 cents (c) 22 cents (d) 23 cents (e) 24 cents
1) ONE RECTANGULAR PLATE WITH LENGTH 8INCHES, BREADTH 11 INCHES AND
2 INCHES THICKNESS IS THERE.WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE CIRCULAR ROD
WITH DIAMETER 8 INCHES AND EQUAL TO VOLUME OF RECTANGULAR PLATE?
ANS: 3.5 INCHES
2) WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF ZEROS AT THE END OF THE PRODUCT OF THE NUMBERS
FROM 1 TO 100
3) In some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will get bye what is the number of matches to choose the champion to be held?
4) one fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. if both do together in how much time they will finish.
ans: 1hr 12min
5) in 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares refer Model
6) falling height is proportional to square of the time. one object falls 64cm in 2sec than in 6sec from how much height the object will fall.
7) Gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings
8)2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15. 3 oranges 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs.10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples?
9) In 80 coins one coin is counterfeit what is minimum number of weighing to find out counterfeit coin
10)In a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male. if 60% of supervisors are male. What is the probability that a randomly chosen employee is a male or female?
11) statement: all green are blue are blue, all blue are white
I) some blue are green II) some white are green
III)some green are not white IV) all white are blue
a) he has given four choices like gre type
12)all teachers are students. some students are girls.this type of questions are there. we cant able to reproduce them.