1) Bhanu spends 30% of his income on petrol on scooter. ¼ of the remaining on house rent and the balance on food. If he spends Rs.300 on petrol then what is the expenditure on house rent?
a) Rs.525 b) Rs.1000 c) Rs.675 d) Rs.175
2) If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 25% and denominator decreased by 20%, the new value is 5/4. What is the original value?
a) 3/5 b) 4/5 c) 7/8 d) 3/7
3) The length of a rectangle is increased by 60%. By what % would the width have to be decreased to maintain the same area?
a) 30% b) 60% c) 75% d) 37.5%
4) The value of ¾ + 5 / 36 + 7 / 144 + …….+17 / 5184 + 19 / 8100 is
a) 0.99 b) 0.98 c) 0.95 d) None of these
5) A sporting goods store ordered an equal number of white and yellow balls. The tennis ball company delivered 45 extra white balls, making the ratio of white balls to yellow balls 1/5 : 1/6. How many white tennis balls did the store originally order for?
a) 450 b) 270 c) 225 d) None of these
6) A student’s grade in a course is determined by 6 quizzes and one examination. If the examination counts thrice as much as each of the quizzes, what fraction of final grade is determined by the examination?
a) 1/6 b) 1/5 c) 1/3 d) 1/4
7) A sum of money is divided among A, B and C such that for each rupee A gets, B gets 65paise and C gets 35paise. If C’s share is Rs.560, the sum is …
a) 2400 b) 2800 c) 3200 d) 3800
8) Joe’s father will be twice his age 6 years from now. His mother was twice his age 2 years before. If Joe will be 24 two years from now, what is the difference between his father’s and mother’s age?
a) 4 b) 6 c) 8 d) 10
9) A traveler walks a certain distance. Had he gone half a kilometer an hour faster , he would have walked it in 4/5 of the time, and had he gone half a Kilometer an hour slower, he would have walked 2 ½ hr longer. What is the distance?
a) 10 Km b) 15 Km c) 20 Km d) Data Insufficient
10) Two oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15. 3 oranges, 2 bananas and 1 apple cost Rs.10. I bought 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples. How much did I pay?
a) 10 b) 8 c) 15 d) Cannot be determined
11) A report consists of 20 sheets each of 55 lines and each such line consists of 65 characters. This report is retyped into sheets each of 65 lines such that each line consists of 70 characters. The % reduction in the number of sheets is closest to
a) 20 b) 5 c) 30 d) 35
12) A ship leaves on a long voyage. When it is 18 miles from the shore, a seaplane, whose speed is 10 times that of the ship is sent to deliver mail. How far from the shore does the seaplane catch upo with the ship?
a) 24 miles b) 25 miles c) 22miles d) 20 miles
13) Anand finishes a work in 7 days, Bittu finishes the same job in 8 days and Chandu in 6 days. They take turns to finish the work. Anand on the first day, Bittu on the second and Chandu on the third day and then Anand again and so on. On which day will the work get over?
a) 3rd b) 6th c) 9th d) 7th
14) 3 men finish painting a wall in 8 days. Four boys do the same job in 7 days. In how many days will 2 men and 2 boys working together paint two such walls of the same size?
a) 6 6/13 days b) 3 3/13 days c) 9 2/5 days d) 12 12/13 days
15) There are 5 distinct pairs of white socks and 5 pairs of black socks in a cupboard. In the dark, how many socks do I have to pull out to ensure that I have at least 1 correct pair of white socks?
a) 3 b) 11 c) 12 d) 16
16) In a circular race track of length 100 m, three persons A, B and C start together. A and B start in the same direction at speeds of 10 m/s and 8 m/s respectively. While C runs in the opposite at 15 m/s. When will all the three meet for the first time on the after the start?
a) After 4 s b) After 50 s c) After 100 s d) After 200 s
17) If the distance traveled (s) in time (t) by a partile is given by the formula s = 1+ 2t+3t2+4t3 , then what is the distance travelled in the 4th second of its motion?
a) 141m b) 171m c) 243m d) 313m
18) There is a circular pizza with negligible thickness that is cut into ‘x’ pieces by 4 straight line cuts. What is the maximum and minimum value of ‘x’ respectively?
a) 12,6 b) 11,6 c) 12,5 d) 11,5
19) When ¾ of a unit’s digit is added to the ten’s digit of a two number, the sum of the digits becomes 10. If ¼ of the ten’s digit added to the unit’s digit, then the sum of the digits is 1 less than the previous. Find the number.
a) 94 b) 84 c) 48 d) 88
20) Amal bought 5 pens, 7 pencils and 4 erasers. Rajan bought 6 pens, 8 erasers and 14 pencils for an amount which was half more than what Amal had paid. What % of the total amount paid by Amal was paid for pens?
a) 37.5% b) 62.5% c) 50% d) None of these