Company: Aricent Group
I have been selected in off campus of Aricent in Bangalore. I am sharing my experience for the people who will be appearing for the test in near future. There were three rounds total.
1. Written Test (Elimination Round)
2. Group Discussion (No elimination)
3. Interview (Tech+HR) (No elimination)
1. Written test: In this section you will have 4 part
1. Aptitude Test: you need to follow only R.S. Agrawal book mainly reasoning section.
Questions were from Statement-Assumptions, Statement-conclusion, like that. just be careful because in this section you can face shortage of time.
2. Some questions from Attention to Detail: this section was quite easy. first you will have questions like which one matches to the given string i.e. 1111122222345
options 1>111122222345 2>111121133445 3>1111122222345 4>111222345
Then some questions like + means *,- means /, * means +, / means – then which one of the given question will be true
2*5+4-2/6=23 3+5*2-1/8=1.5 2 more options. you need to calculate write one
you will have 2 decision making questions.(each question consist of 4 question each based on given conditions.)
questions like some criteria is given to select any person, or reject. refer to manager or refer to director.
3. In 3rd section of written you will have Data structure part. no coding. you need to go through basic things like.
1. searching and sorting (complexity and looping of sorting)
2. simple quest from linked list, stack, queue and tree.
4. In this section you will have to find output for C programs.30 questions in 40 mins.
just go through test your C skill. you will find all the questions from there. enough time to complete. mainly from string, memory allocation, pointers, array, functions.
Remember friends in 2,3,4th part of written you will have time to do questions but in first part i faced shortage of time. so try to do the questions as fast as you can.
2. Group Discussion: Before start of GD they will give you 2 forms for filling. in that you need to answer 6-7 questions
From Critical HR type. like give some scenario when u faced some difficult thing but at last you solve the problem. Give any project situation when u were forced to change your decision. like that ques. u will have.
Then they will send you for GD. We had group of 12 persons. they gave one page of content to read out in 15 min. then our GD begin. it was of 30 minutes. our topic was URBON DEVELOPMENT-Role of
Government. (whether government is doing a good job or we need some other thing).
Remember friends do not quarrel in GD. there will be HR and Technical persons with you.
they will monitor you every second. what you say, how good listener you are. all the things you do.
But its not an elimination round so all of you will get chance to appear for interview. but do not
forget that in every round your marks will be counted. so try to do good in every part.
3. Interview: Here you will have TECH + HR 1 to 1 interview. My interviewer was very cool. 1st he asked me abut my self then to describe about my final project. then he asked questions from sorting (selection sort), Binary search try.
then he asked from networking questions OSI and TCP/IP layers. then HTTP protocol. then he asked about TCP and UDP protocols.
after that he asked questions from C++ mainly from virtual functions and inheritance. thats all. no hr questions at all.
But remember friends my other friends had been interviewed on software engineering, operating systems, and data structures (linked list part), C files (programs).
thats all!!!! my interview was on 2nd December 2009. and I got the mail from them on 4th of December 2009.
friends each and every step of interview is important because after written there is no elimination round. so try to do good in every part.
one more thing for written you will have to chose C/C++/Java as part of the written test. so be specific about your interest.