1. A 2MB PCM(pulse code modulation) has
a) 32 channels
b) 30 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
c) 31 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
d) 32 channels out of which 30 voice channels, 1 signalling channel, & 1
2. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second b) 1 seconds c) 4 seconds d) 2 seconds
3. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one b) more han one c) two hops d) four hops
4. What is the max. decimal number that can be accomodated in a byte.
a) 128 b) 256 c) 255 d) 512
5. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is
a) register b) accumulator c) flag register d) flag register part of PSW(Program Status Word)
6. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz b) 8 Khz c) 16 Khz d) 64 Khz
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line b) Parabolic c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other d) none
8. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a MicroProcessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack.
9. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a non-maskable interrupt?
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the current instruction.
b) Processor serves the interupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the current task under execution.
10. The status of the Kernel is
a) task b) process c) not defined. d) none of the above.
11 What is the nominal voltage required in subscriber loop connected to local exchange?
a) +48 volts b) -48 volts c) 230 volts d) 110 volts
12. To send a data packet using datagram , connection will be established
a) before data transmission. b) connection is not established before data transmission. c) no connection is required. d) none of the above.
13. Word allignment is
a) alligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) alligning to even boundary. c) alligning to word boundary. d) none of the above.
14 When a ‘C’ function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right b) right to left c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variales. d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones. e) none of the above.
15 What is the type of signalling used between two exchanges?
a) inband b) common channel signalling c) any of the above d) none of the above.
16. Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in device speeds b) a method to reduce cross talks c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to receive. d) a method to reduce routing overhead.
17. A protocol is a set of rules governing a time sequence of events that must take place between
a) peers b) non-peers c) allocated on stack d) assigned to registers.
18. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM. b) allocated in ROM. c) allocated on stack. d) assigned to registers.
19. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is
a) terminal adapter b) bulletin board c) modem d) terminal emulation
The following questions (Q20-Q33) are of a slightly different pattern than those above and may also be asked:
20. Find the output of the following program
21. What does the statement int(*x)() indicate?
22. Which addressing mode is used in the following statements:
(a) MVI B,55
(b) MOV B,A
(c) MOV M,A
Ans. (a) Immediate addressing mode.
(b) Register Addressing Mode
(c) Direct addressing mode
23. RS-232C standard is used in _____________.
Ans. Serial I/O
24. How are parameters passed to the main function?
25. What does the file stdio.h contain?
a) functin definition b) function decleration c) both func. defn & func. decleration.
26. sscanf is used for ?
27. Memory Management in Operating Systems is done by
a) Memory Management Unit b) Memory management software of the Operating System c) Kernel
28. What does the statement strcat(S2,S1) do?
29. TCP(Transmission Control Protocol) is Connection Oriented and used in
30. IP(Internet Protocol) is connectionless and used in ________ layer?
31. For LAN Netwrok layer is not required. Why?
32. What is done for a Push opertion?
Ans: SP is decremented and then the value is stored.
33. Describe the following structures as LIFO/FILO/FIFO/LILO