BHEL Placement Paper
BHEL paper consists of two parts :
Both parts consists 120 marks each. There is negative marking which 0.2.
1)How many links in slider crank mechanism?
2) Deflection of cantilever beam subjected to end point load?
3) Stress concentration factor Kf =?
4) What is the unit of BHN?
5) What is efficiency of riveted joint?
6) Composition of Munz metal?
7) One shaft is subjected to torque 1700 N-m having shear strength of 40Mpa. Determine the diameter?
8) A reversible engine is working between the 600F and 60F. Carnot efficiency is equal to =
9) Coefficient of restitution lies between =
10) Pectlet number is equal to = a)Re*Nu b)Re*Pr c)Re*Gr
11) Formula of effectiveness of heat transfer =
12) Emissivity depends on
13) Reynolds number formula
14) Production process for Al?
15) Thick metals welded by following processes…
16) Logarithmic decrement is given by = df
17) Magnification factor at resonance is given by = dfdf
18) Cutting forces decreases by =
a) increasing rake angle
b) decreasing rake angle
c) increasing relief rake angle
19) Some problem on Mohr’s circle radius…
20) Volumetric strain =
21) Pendulum problem Time is given length = ?
22) For undamped system Transmission Ratio is R then f a) f b) ff
23) Which is not related to CI engine = ans) spark plug
24) Cotter joint generally fail by
25) Which coupling is used for intersecting shafts?
26) No of teeth on gear and pinion is given, center distance is given, module = ?
27) Coefficient of friction and angle is given, what is ration of tension in belt?
28) What is lamis thoerm?
29) Condition for self locking ……
30) Discontinuous chips can be produced by ………….
31) For critical speed f should be a)>v2 b) >v3
32) Air at 20C blows over a hot plate 50 by 75 cm maintained at 250C. The convective heat transfer coefficient is 25W/m2. Cal the heat transfer.
33) Metacenter always lies ………….
34) Rotometer is used to measure….
35) Formula for effort of a governor……
36) Stroboscope is used to measure…..
37) What is size of A4 paper?
38) Some problem on riveted joint…..
39) Modulus of rigidity G is given by……
40) Wave properties in solids is depends on elasticity.
41) Radiation heat transfer is directly proportional to ………….
42) Escape velocity is given by v2gR
43) Kinetic energy formula….
44) Corolis component…….
45) Potent ional Energy theory is given by…………….
46) Perpendicular axis thoerm…………
47) Pappus thoerm…….
48) Center of gravity of a spherical shell……………..
49) Angle and linear dimension is given by chamfer.
50) For thick cylinders ………………..
51) N = 10 to N = 10E5 cycles then it is ….
a) finite life
52) Value of steel young’s modulus ……
53) Endurance strength of steel equal to …………
54) Three problems on strain gauges ….
55) Three problems on vectors some related to work done….
56) Straight line mechanism…
57) Some problem springs..
58) Design on thermal stresses can be considered for
59) Velocity problem it is in the vector form to find displacement?
60) Hardness is a property
BHEL Placement Paper
BHEL is one of the largest engineering and manufacturing companies of its kind in India engaged in design, engineering, construction, testing, commissioning and servicing of a wide range of products and services with over 180 product offerings to meet the ever-growing needs of the core sectors of economy.visit offical website of BHEL for more details.