Company: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd
BSNL Junior Accounts Officers 2009 Sample Question Paper
1. What is Double Entry Book Keeping System?
2. What is the purpose of preparation of Final Accounts?
3. Journalise the following transaction :
(a) Depreciation on machinery Rs. 5,000.
(b) Salary paid to employees Rs. 6,000.
4. Find net profit ratio from the following :
Gross profit : Rs.1,50,000
Salaries paid : Rs.10,000
Tax paid : Rs. 10,000
Dividend paid : Rs. 20,000
Depreciation : Rs. 10,000
Sales for the year : Rs. 2,00,000
5. From the following balance sheets, prepare a schedule of changes in working capital.
|Share capital||1,00,000||1,50,000||Fixed Assets||75,000||1,50,000|
|Reserves & Surplus||50,000||60,000||Stock||25,000||40,000|
|Other liabilities||10,000||5,000||Cash in hand||10,000||10,000|
|–||–||Cash at bank||20,000||5,000|
6. What is Budget? Explain the types of budget.
7. Write short notes on :
(a) Error of Principle.
(b) Error of Omission.
(c) Error of Commission.
8. The summarized balance sheets of ABC Limited as
on 31.12.2007 and 31.12.2008 are given below :
Balance Sheets (Rs. in thousands)
|Share capital||400||400||Fixed Assets||400||320|
|P & L a/c||60||66||Stock||300||200|
|Provision for taxation||75||10||Investment||100||80|
Additional Information :
(a) Provision for tax made during the year was Rs. 9,000 p.a.
(b) Dividend paid during the year was Rs. 4,000 p.a.
Prepare Funds Flow Statement.
9. From the following particulars, find
(a) P/V Ratio.
(b) BEP Sales (in rupees).
(c) Margin of Safety.
(—) Variable cost 60,000
(—) Fixed cost 20,000
10. From the data given below compute the value of current asset, current liability and liquid ratio.
Working capital – Rs. 60,000.
Working capital ratio = 3.5.
Current ratio = 4.5.
Stock – Rs. 10,000.
11. Prepare trading account of Archana for the year ending 31.12.96 from the following information :
Opening stock : Rs. 80,000
Purchases : Rs. 8,60,000
Freight inward : Rs. 52,000
Wages : Rs. 24,000
Credit sales : Rs. 14,40,000
Purchase returns : Rs.10,000
Sales returns : Rs. 3,16,000
Closing stock : Rs. 1,00,000
(a) Outstanding wages Rs. 1,000.
(b) Unrecorded cash sales amounted to Rs. 6,000.
12. Compute working capital turnover ratio :
Current Assets : Rs.
Cash in hand 40,000
Cash at bank 20,000
Interest accrued 10,000
Prepaid insurance 30,000
Current Liabilities : Rs.
Outstanding expenses 20,000
Sales for the year 4,00,000
Sales return 40,000