Company: Cisco Systems
CISCO Placement Paper
1. If the total distance of a journey is 120 km .If one goes by 60 kmph and comes back at 40kmph what is the average speed during the journey?
2. A school has 30% students from Maharashtra .Out of these 20% are Bombey students. Find the total percentage of Bombay?
3. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it?
4. If A/B = 3/5,then 15A = ?
Ans : 9B
5. Each side of a rectangle is increased by 100% .By what percentage does the area increase?
Ans : 300%
6. Perimeter of the back wheel = 9 feet, front wheel = 7 feet on a certain distance, the front wheel gets 10 revolutions more than the back wheel .What is the distance?
Ans : 315 feet.
7. Perimeter of front wheel =30, back wheel = 20. If front wheel revolves 240 times. How many revolutions will the back wheel take?
Ans: 360 times
8. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution
9. City A’s population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year. In how many years both the cities will have same population?
Ans: 130 years
10. Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50kmph and the other at 40kmph . How much time will it take for the two cars to meet?
Ans: 3/2 hours
11. A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly one rupee. If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won’t able to buy 3 paise stamps.
12. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls.
13. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3
14. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
Ans: 1 : 2
Directions for questions 15-17: The questions are based on the information given below :
Miss Dean wants to renovate her house. She hires a plumber, a carpenter, a painter, an electrician and an interior decorator. The work to be finished in one week (Monday – Friday ).
Each worker will take the full day to do his job. Miss Dean permits only one person to work each day.
I. The painter can work only after the plumber and the carpenter have finished their jobs
II. The interior decorator must do his job before the electrician.
III. The carpenter cannot work on Monday or Tuesday
15. If the painter work on Thursday, which one of the following alternatives is possible?
(a) The electrician works on Tuesday.
(b). The electrician works on Friday.
(c) The interior decorator works after the painter does.
(d). The painter works on consecutive days.
(e). Miss Dean cannot fit all of the workers int schedule
16. If the painter works on Friday which of the following must be false?
(a) . The carpenter may works on Wednesday
(b). The carpenter and the electrician may work on consecutive days
(c). If the carpenter works on Thursday, the electrician has to work on Wednesday
(d). The plumber may work before the electrician does
(e). The electrician may work on Tuesday
17. Which argument is possible?
(a). The electrician will works on Tuesday and the interior decorator on Friday
(b). The painter will work on wednesday and plumber on thursday
(c). The carpenter will works on Tuesday and the painter on Friday
(d). THe painter will work on Monday and the carpenter on Thursday
(e). The carpenter will work on Wednesday and the plumber on Thursday
For questions in this section mark
(a) If condition (i) alone is sufficient
(b) If condition (ii) alone is sufficient
(c) If both conditions together are sufficient
(d) If condition (i) alone & (ii) alone are sufficient
(e) information not sufficient
18. Is xy > 1 ? If x & y are both positive
(i) x is less than 1
(ii) y is greater than 1
19. Is it a Rhombus
(i) All four sides are equal
(ii) Total internal angle is 360
20. How many books are in the book shelf
(i) The book shelf is 12 feet long
(ii). The average weight of each book is 1.2 pound
21. What is the area of the circle?
(i) Radius r is given
(ii) Perimeter is 3 times the area
22. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
Ans : 15%
23. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker ?
Ans : 57.50
24. If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 which of the following is the largest?
Ans : (d)