Company: Cisco Systems
CISCO Placement Paper
Directions for questions 1-5: The questions are based on the information given below
There are six steps that lead from the first to the second floor. No two people can be on the same step
Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C
Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D
Only one step is vacant ( No one standing on that step )
Denote the first step by step 1 and second step by step 2 etc.
1. If Mr. A is on the first step, Which of the following is true?
(a) Mr. B is on the second step
(b) Mr. C is on the fourth step.
(c) A person Mr. E, could be on the third step
(d) Mr. D is on higher step than Mr. C.
2. If Mr. E was on the third step & Mr. B was on a higher step than Mr. E which step must be vacant
(a) step 1
(b) step 2
(c) step 4
(d) step 5
(e) step 6
3. If Mr. B was on step 1, which step could A be on?
(a) 2&e only
(b) 3&5 only
(c) 3&4 only
(d) 4&5 only
(e) 2&4 only
4. If there were two steps between the step that A was standing and the step that B was standing on, and A was on a higher step than D , A must be on step
5. Which of the following is false
i. B&D can be both on odd-numbered steps in one configuration
ii. In a particular configuration A and C must either both an odd numbered steps or both an even-numbered steps
iii. A person E can be on a step next to the vacant step.
(a) i only
(b) ii only
(c) iii only
(d) both i and iii
Directions for questions 6-9: The questions are based on the information given below
Six swimmers A, B, C, D, E, F compete in a race. The outcome is as follows.
i. B does not win.
ii. Only two swimmers separate E & D
iii. A is behind D & E
iv. B is ahead of E , with one swimmer intervening
v. F is a head of D
6. Who stood fifth in the race ?
7. How many swimmers seperate A and F ?
(e) cannot be determined
8. The swimmer between C & E is
9. If the end of the race, swimmer D is disqualified by the Judges then swimmer B finishes in which place
Directions for questions 10-14: The questions are based on the information given below
Five houses lettered A,B,C,D, & E are built in a row next to each other. The houses are lined up in the order A,B,C,D, & E. Each of the five houses has a colored chimney. The roof and chimney of each housemust be painted as follows.
i. The roof must be painted either green,red ,or yellow.
ii. The chimney must be painted either white, black, or red.
iii. No house may have the same color chimney as the color of roof.
iv. No house may use any of the same colors that the every next house uses.
v. House E has a green roof.
vi. House B has a red roof and a black chimney
10. Which of the following is true ?
(a) At least two houses have black chimney.
(b) At least two houses have red roofs.
(c) At least two houses have white chimneys
(d) At least two houses have green roofs
(e) At least two houses have yellow roofs
11. Which must be false ?
(a) House A has a yellow roof
(b) House A & C have different color chimney
(c) House D has a black chimney
(d) House E has a white chimney
(e) House B&D have the same color roof.
12. If house C has a yellow roof. Which must be true.
(a) House E has a white chimney
(b) House E has a black chimney
(c) House E has a red chimney
(d) House D has a red chimney
(e) House C has a black chimney
13. Which possible combinations of roof & chimney can house
I. A red roof 7 a black chimney
II. A yellow roof & a red chimney
III. A yellow roof & a black chimney
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) III only
(d) I & II only
14. What is the maximum total number of green roofs for houses
15. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe
Ans 5c1/ 9c1
16. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned
Ans: Rs 66/-
17. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
18. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%
19. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square.
20. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long ago did Ramesh light the two candles .
Ans: 3 hours.
21. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
22. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
23. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST .
24. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
Ans: Rs 13.86/-
25. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes