Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Here are the Latest Placement Papers from CTS. The sections here are Reasoning and English.
Directions for Questions 1-4: In each questions below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts.
Read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
(A) if only conclusion I follows;
(B) if only conclusion II follows;
(C) if either I or II follows;
(D) if neither I nor II follows and
(E) if both I and II follow.
1.Statements : Most clocks are fAns: , Some fans are walls
Conclusions : I. Some walls are fAns: II. Some clocks are walls
2. Statements : All birds are dogs, Some dogs are cats
Conclusions : I. Some cats are not dogs II. All dogs are not birds
3. Statements : Some fools are intelligent, Some intelligent are great
Conclusions : I. Some fools are great II. All great are intelligent.
4. Statements : All Men are married, Some men are educated
Conclusions : I. Some married are educated II. Some educated are married.
Directions for Questions 5-6: In each questions below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
5. Statements : All bags are chalks. All chalks are bottles.
Conclusions :I Some bottles are bags. II. All bags are bottles III. All bottles are bags IV. Some chalks are not bags
A) Only I , II and IV follow
B) Only I , III and IV follow.
C) Only II, III and IV follow.
D) All Follow
E) none of thes
6. Statements : Some trees are buses, All buses are hats
Conclusions : I Some trees are hats II. Some hats are trees III. All hats are buses IV. Some buses are hats
A) None follow s
B) Only I, II and IV follow.
C) Only II , III and IV follow.
D) All Follow
E) none of these
Directions(7-15): In each of the following questions one word is different from the rest. Find out the word which does not belong to the group
A ) Yokel
Ans: : B
Ans: : (A)
Ans: : (E)
Ans: : (D)
C and Miss
D are sitting around a table and discussing their trades.
1. Mr. A sits opposite to cook
2. Miss b sits right to the barber.
3. The washer man is on the left of the tailor
4. Miss D sits opposite Mr. C
What are the trades of A and B?
A. Tailor and Barber
B. Tailor and cook
C. Barber and cook
D. washer man and cook
17. In a pile of 10 books, there are 3 of History, 3 of Hindi, 2 of mathematics and 2 of English. Taking from above, there is an English book between a history and mathematics book, a history book between a mathematics and an English book, a Hindi book between an English and a mathematics book, a mathematics book between two Hindi books and two Hindi books between a Mathematic and a History book. Book of which subject is at the sixth position from top ?
18. On a man’s tombstone, it is said that one sixth of his life was spent in childhood and one twelfth as a teenager. One seventh of his life passed between the time he became an adult and the time he married; five years later, his son was born. Alas, the son died four years before he did. He lived to be twice as old as his son did. How old did the man live to be?
Ans: 84 years
19. What two numbers have a product of 48 and, when the larger number is divided by the smaller, a quotient of 3?
Ans: 4 and 12
20. A drove of sheep and chickens have a total of 99 heads and feet. There are twice as many chickens as sheep.How many of each are there?
Ans: nine sheep and eighteen chickens.