GENPACT PAPER ON 25th JANUARY
The recruitment process (four round) is quite a long. It goes as follows:–
I. Written Test 1 Hrs
But there ware 3 set of Apti papers. I got the Set-I. The paper was not so
hard. There was no section cut off.
Written Test consist of Three Section:
1) Verbal 10 Questions
2) Logical Reasoning 10 Questions
3) Analytical 10 Questions
There were 2 paragraphs. All the questions were from those paragraph.
1) Some questions “the passage intends to:”,” this sentence intends to:”
2) 2-3 question from synonyms (from the passage)
1. The average of 6 quantities is 8. The average of 4 of them is 5. What
is the avg. of the remaining 2 numbers?
2. The avg. age ofa group of 12 students is 20yers.If 4 more students join
the group,the avg age increases by 1 year.The avg age of the new student
3. If the value of ApbLtd company stock drops from 45$ per share to 38$
per share, what is the percent of decrease?
4. Avg cost of 5 pens and 4 pencils isRs. 36.The avg cost of 5 pens and 9
pencils is Rs.56.Find the total cost of 25 pens and 25 pencils?
5. If 3/p=8 & 3/q=18 then p-q=?
7. Three math classes:A,B,C Taken a test.
The avg score of A is=83.
The avg score of B is=76.
The avg score of C is=75.
The avg score of all students in classes A & B together is 67
The avg score of all students in classes B & C together is 81.
I) What is the avg of all 3 classes?
8. IF a rectengale length and width are both doubled,by what percent is
the rectangle area increase?
9. A rectangular tank by x*y*z is filled with water.if all the water is
transferred to cube shape tanks,each one is p inches on a side.how many
small tanks require?(x,y,z,p are variables)
10..A father is three times as old as his son.After 15 years the father will
be twice as old as his sons age at that time.Hence the father’s present
(The data are not same with the question set but the pattern was same.)
1.A puzzle was seating/placing arrangements.
A,B,C,D,E,F and G are sitting on a wall .
C is on the immediate right of D
B is at an extream end and has E as his neighbour.
G is between E And F.
D is sitting third from the south end.
a)who is sitting to the right of e?
b)which of the following pairs of people are sitting at the extream ends?
c)E is sitting between?
Five ques. Were from this puzzle.
2. Another 5 questions were a given blood relation. Like
There is a family of six persons P,Q,R,S,T and U.They are Lawyer, Doctor,
Teacher, Salesman, Engineer and Accountant. There are two married
couples in the family. S, the salesman is married to the Lady Teacher. The
Doctor is married to the Lawyer U, The Accountant is the son of Q and
brother of T. R, the Lawyer is the daughter-in-law of P. T is the unmarried
Engineer. P is the Grandmother of U. Which is the profession of P?
a)Lawyer b)Teacher c)Doctor d)Accountant
another Blood relation I couldnot remember fully,like paramita,puja are
children of Mr. Asha.Puja Married to Eldest daughter of Mrs. Sen.Rita
,bindu all are daughter of Mrs.& MR.Sen………..Gita is sujit’s daughter……..
1.What is the sur name of puja
2.Who is married to Bindu?
3. What is the surname of gita?
Mainly the pattern of the reasoning Ques. were from R.S.AGGARWAL
Mainly chapter 5,6.
2) GD round
My topic was “Effect of Bandh” in IT Industry.
Most of the topic was Current Affirs.Like” womens world.”,” IT is enabler
(BOON) or not ?”
There are approx. of 10-12 members in each group & particularly they
check you Communication skills, Leadership Qualities etc.Basic funda is to
say as much as you know about the topic.
3) HR Round
They asked me
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) your weak point and strong point and give example
3) About my final year project
4) Are you rady to go any where in India or not?
5) why did you join in IT ?
4) Technical round
Though it was a technical round But they asked me technical questions
1) Tell me about yourself ?
2) Marks in Madhyamik and H.S.and specialy in math.
3) Your interested subjects
4) In which platform do u want to work? I told In .Net platform.But he
asked me questions from C.
5) Write down a program calculate factorial of 7 using recurssion.
6) Write the func. of Bubble short.After that give an exampale and find
the 2nd largest element.I took a simple exampale and explain the logic.
7) What is DBMS?
8) What is View?Write the syntax of view.
9) Why we do normalization ?Defination of 1NF,2NF,3NF,BCNF.
10) Some questions on my hobbies.I wrote playing cricket is one of my
hobby.He asked me Your Boss give u a work and a very interesting game
is going on in TV.Then what u will do?
I think they just wanted to see how u react. so don’t be nervous if they
start asking you some HR questions in technical Interview.BE BOLD
GENPACT PATTERN & INTERVIEW – MAY 2006
There was a walkin and I went , they conducted two
rounds over there which were
1) PIR (Personal Interaction Round)
They giv us a topic n we hav to speak on that topic for
few mins,which was easy basically they were testing
our communication skills.
Which includes few English passages,grammar,analytical
and logical questions which can be done .
They called me to come to their main office the interview
was scheduled at 11 but my turn came at 12:30 pm .
The interviewer(I) was very cool,he took me(M) inside
his cabin,it was in this way:
04 APR 2007 Paprer
The selection procedure consists of three rounds:
1. Written test
1. Written test: This test is very easy. mostly they will
concentrate on average and they will give two
compositions and two logical reasoning questions which
will be very very easy. (no need to prepare for this
2. GD: In this round they will select the candidates who talk
smoothly. dont be aggressive and be fluent
3. Interview: The interview consists of mainly technical
questions. they will ask the question from all the subjects in
our branch. I am from CSE branch and i am interviewed for half
an hour only technical questions. they will also ask to write
some simple programs or algorithms. they will ask some basics
in physics and chemistry also from intermediate.
By God’s grace I am through the company