Company: HCL Technologies
1) In a murder case there are four suspects P,Q,R,S. Each of them makes a statement. They are
p: “I had gone to the theatre with S at the time of the murder”.
q: “I was playing cards with P at the time of the murder”.
r: “Q didn’t commit the murder”.
s: “R is not the murderer”.
Assuming the only one of the above statement is false and that one of
them is the murderer, who is the murderer?
d) Cann’t be concluded
and: E.) r and s are true as first two statements are contradictory. thus either P or S is murderer. as q is not murderer, he is telling truth that P was with him. hence S is murderer.
2) Mohan earned twice as much as Deep. Yogesh earned rs.3/- more than half as much as deep. If the amounts earned by Mohan,Deep,Yogesh are M,D,Y respectively, Which of the following is the correct ordering of these amounts?
a) M 0 and k = qr/2 -s, then what is r in terms of k,q,s?
Six knights – P,Q,R,S,T and U – assemble for a long journey in two traveling parties. For security, each traveling party consists of at least two knights. The two parties travel by separate routes, northern and southern. After one month, the routes of the northern and southern groups converge for a brief time and at that point the knights can, if they wish, rearrange their traveling parties before continuing, again in two parties along separate northern and southern routes. Throughout the entire trip, the composition of traveling parties must be in accord with the following conditions
P and R are deadly enemies and, although they may meet briefly, can never travel together. p must travel in the same party with S Q can’t travel by the southern route U can’t change routes
11) If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route, the other members of this party besides P and U must be
a) Q and S
b) Q and T
c) R and S
d) R and T
e) S and T
12) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members, which of the following is not a possible traveling party and route?
a) P,S,U by the northern route
b) P,S,T by the northern route
c) P,S,T by the southern route
d) P,S,U by the southern route
e) Q,R,T by the southern route
13) If one of the two parties of knights consists of U and two other knights and travels by the northern route, the other members of this party besides U must be
a) P and S
b) P and T
c) Q and R
d) Q and T
e) R and T
14) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members of different pX-Mozilla-Status: 0009by the northern route, then T must travel by the
a) southern route with P and S
b) southern route with Q and R
c) southern route with R and U
d) northern route with Q and R
e) northern route with R and U
15) If, when the two parties of knights encounter one another after a month, exactly one knight changes from one traveling party to the other traveling party, that knight must be