Company: IBM India Pvt Limited
IBM India Private Limited Placement Papers
First is the Wrtten Test
The process is very simple. IBM peoples are very sopportive. RS agarwal is good to study for written round.
I am an Electronics and Communication students basics off C and C++ is must dont get afraid only basics is enough even I don’t know how to write programs. be confident have faith in God…
The pattern was :
Section 1 : Matrix Test : 15 ques – 13 min [No negative marks for this section]
Section 2 : Number Series Test : 20 ques – 4 min & 15 mins Mathematical [Negative marking(1/4) is there for this section]
Section 3 : Analytical type (Apti) : 12 ques – 15 min. [Negative marking (1/4) is there for this section]
WRITTEN TEST :
This is the new pattern of IBM. This new pattern has been implemented. It contains 3 sections.
Some information is given in the form of matrices, with headings for rows as row1, row2…. Etc. For columns with headings as column1, column 2…. Etc.those matrices are as follows.
Column1 column2 column3 column4
Row1 @ * 2 Z
Row2 S K ? $
Row3 I P Z +
Row4 # 8 F Q
Questions are as follows (not same questions but same type)
1. If column1, Column 4 are interchanged and row3, row4 are interchanged and diagonal elements from top left to bottom right are written in reverse order then what is the element in row1 and column 1?
2. If Z’s in odd numbered rows are replced with 7’s and S’s in odd numbered columns are replaced with 5’s then which column elements sum equals to 9?
3. After giving similar type of conditions, what is the element left to H? In this section they gave around 4 matrices of this type and gave some questions for each matrix.
Total No. of Questions are 15. these are multiple choice questions. 5 answers were given for each question.
No negative marks for this section. Time Limit is 13 minutes.
All questions in this section are from number series. Total number of questions are 20. Time limit is 4 minutes. These are also multiple choice questions (5 options). Negative marking(1/4) is there for this section.
2. NUMBER SERIES (20 qs – 4 mins – 20 marks – negative 1/4) simple but we should be very quick.. time is very very very important 4 this section. dont get confused really very simple section and 1 more thing is the invigilaor signals time 4 every 30 secs dont feel tense with that just go with your work..
EX: 17, 18, 19, 34, 35, 19, 20,___
EX: 22, 21, 34, 33, 45,____
EX: 40, 41, 41, 42, 42, 42, 44, 44,____
here usually two number series will be mixed.. very easy but should identify it
SECTION 3 : Analytical type Questions
This secton is little bit tough. You must have practice to do this section. questions 12, time 15 minutes. Negative marking(1/4) is there for this section.
1. If a company produces 15 different model of tv sets, 2 inchs screen and 4 different model of 4 inch screen size then how many model should vendor has for all the model.
2. If a team consists 20 members in which 20% are mathematician then how many member should they hire so that the ratio would become 10/11.
3. The rate of color toner increases $33 to $35 and rate of black&white toner increases $28 to $29 if company spend $1540 in which 3/5 is color toner how much is total expenditure.
4. A computer shop consists 3 brand’s laptop. Laptop of brand A is sold 3/16, B is sold 1/16 and C is sold ? then what fraction is sold by the shop in all.
5. Printer A prints 8192 character per min and printer B prints 13862 character per min. four character are equal to one word. Printer A starts at 7:15 am while Printer B starts at 7:29 am then at what time both will have same no of words printed?
6. In a library there are 5 cluster and each is having 44 books (module). In first week 75 books are used, in second 95, in third 95 and in fourth 160 books are used.then tell how much fraction of books are used ?
7. We have 171 kg rice custing 7 rs/kg. We have rice at 11 rs/kg and 2 rs/kg. then after mixing 11 rs/kg and 2 rs/kg rice. What is quantity of 11 rs/kg rice ..
8. Rectangular room has width half of its length. When 6 is decreased from both length and width then its area is differed by 108 so find the width ?
Ans : l =8
9 rectangular room has width twice of its length. When 6 is decreased from both length and width then its area is differed by 108 so find the width.