Company: IBM India Pvt Limited
Placement Paper of IBM – Aug 03
Here with I am sending you few questions from the IBM exam held at
Bangalore on 23/08/2003.
The paper contains total 40 questions. Duration 1 hour.
20 ques from apptitude (R.S.Agarwal is more than enough for IBM
20 questions from technical OS, DBMS, C++, Software Engineering
1. If A can do a particular work in 8 days. B can do the work in 6
days. By C joining with them, they can finish the work in 3 days.
If Rs.540 was paid to them, what is the share of C?
2. By selling a product a seller is gaining 10% on selling price.
If he sell that product Rs.80 less, he would have been losing 10%.
What is the cost price?
3. If A dricer drives a car four times a lap 10,20 30,60 kmph what
is his average speed.
4. If M persons are going for a party, then their share is $D. If
three persons were absent, then how much share will be increased
for each individual.
(Solution : Average = D/M. Three absent New average = D/M-3
Increase = Newaverage – Average = D/M-3 – D/M )
5. If the radious is increased by 50%. How much will be the volume
increased for a circle / Sphere in percentage.
6. One person is wearing Black and White shoes as his pair. If he
is having 20 white and 20 Black shoes. What will be the less
number of time he have try to take his correct pair of shoes.
7. The age of the grand father is the sum of his three grandsuns.
The second is 2 year younger than first one and the third one is 2
year younger than the second one. Then what will be the age of the
8. in a grass field, If there are 40 cows, they could eat for 40
days. If there are 30 cows, they could eat for 60 days. Than if 20
cows, How much day they could eat?
9. If the size of the fruit is two times the size of the seed.
Then what is the volume of the seed. (derive general equation)
10. Speed of boat in still water 10 kmph.If the boat takes 24hr in
up stream and 16hr in down stream to cross the same distance, then
what will be the distance covered.
11. How many times do the hands of the clock coincide in a day?
12. If a person is standing in room, that is having mirrors in all
the four walls. How many images of the person will appear.
what will be the output?
con (b==1) ? 1 : 0;
what will be the value of con?
3. Software Configuration Management process is ————–
4. Data Integrity constraint is ———————-
5. Paging is ————————
6. What type of memory could be accessed in least time?
I know this much only. They are having many sets of QP’s. For each
badge i think they are changing QP’s.
ALL THE BEST.