Company: IBM India Pvt Ltd
I wrote IBM paper today ( 29th sep 2003)
at PESIT, Bangalore
Time : 60 mins
both papers will be in our hand intially, so we can divide time in what ever way
1. like 3 consecutive prime adds to some no what is that
ans: both 49 and 59.
2. one persont travlled 4 laps with the speed of 10,20,40 ( or 30) and 60 kmph
and what is the average speed.
ans: 20 (sure)
3.like one student takes 20 mins if he go with speed 15kmph and at what speed he
should go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same)
ans: 16kmph( but not sure)
4. there are 2 type of people group ‘yes’ who always says yes ( they never say ‘no’) if they are not sure about they will remain
sailent. and other grou
name ‘no’ where the group of people always say ‘no’ if they are not sure they
will remain silent.
now quetions are
1) what will be the answer if i ask are u belong to group ‘yes’
options are: they remain silent ,say yes, say no, either yes or no, can’t
2) same quetion but if i ask are u belong to group ‘no’
answers for both above quetions are not ( not determined)
3) what will the other person say if ask are u belong to grou ‘yes’
and etc there were 5 quetions first 4 u can do it last one little bit tough.
spend some time on this u can do it.
9.like from height of 8 mts on ball fell down and each time it bounces half the
distnace back. so what will be the distance travelled
ans: 24 (sure) like 8+4+4+2+2+1+1+0.5+0.5+ and etc ..
answer is not 20
10.like 6 cubes are arranged adjacentlay and given the perimeter and aksed to
find the perimeter of one cube.
ans: if x is the total perimeter then (x/14)*4 leads to the answer.
but check it once u will be having plenty of time.
answer is 52 (13*4)
11. some data is given like this 10kmph in still water ship took some x mins and downstream
some y mins in same time
what is the stream value …. (q is not exat)
ans: 3 (not sure)
12.some average problem like 16 students average weight and teacher joins them ….
ans: 23 (sure) do this (16x+40)/(x+1) will give the value.
13. some probelm on square like to increase area by 69% by what percent side should be
ans: square root of 169 i.e 13 ( not sure)
14. no of rational nos b/w 0 and 5
15. First day of 1999 is sunday what day is the last day
16.bullets probel some x no of bullets are shared by 3 people equally . and each fired
4 bullets then the sum of remaining bullets is equal to intially divsion value
ans: 18 (sure)
17. bread problem, one come and eat half no of breads and somthing…
ans: 63( check it)
18. like A can do in 6 day and B can do in 8 and C can do in 12 days but b left after working for 6 days for how many no of day
A and C shluld work
ans: 11( i dont think so this is correct)
1. what is vector processing
ans: i dont no
2. what is data integrity
ans: option a ( like the range of values is defined by data integrity)
3.which topology takes minimum wiring
options: star,bus,ring and complete etc
ans: find it from network text book ( may be bus or ring)
4.best sorting if elements are already sorted
ans: insertion sort(sure)
5.software configuration management —–
ans: option a ( but check it from SE text book there are only 2 confusing answers)
6.In network the packers are flowing unnecessarly what is the way to control
it and ….
options: SNMP, and some i dont remember.
7.some octal no to decimal conversion
for given octal no the last digit was 7
ans: the option a ( the decimal last digit was 1)
8.x-=y+1 is equivalant to
ans: x=x-y-1 (sure) because it is interpreted as x=x-(y+1)
9. in a student form what is the relationship b/w student and course
ans: actually it is many to one but they specified in a student form
so think and write.
10.which is correct to append the ouput of ls and who to some file x.
ans:(who;ls)>>x (check it)
11.what is trigger in DBMS (know what it will do)
12.what happens when we open a file in r+ mode
like whether file will be created if it s not there can we write to file …
13. what is ROM
ans: it contains boot up program and it is not accesible
that was one answer and anothe option was
it is non volatile ( choose one among these 2)
14. what is int (*a)
ans: pointer to an array of 4 integer (check it)
15. primary key of anothe table is present and so on……….
ans: foreign key
16. what is the diffirenece b/w 0123 and 123 in c?
17. which among the devices is spooled device
18. if u get error in adapter which device will u use?
ans: contact electronics student.
one of the option was voltometer.
19. which is the real time application
thats it i remember
dont email me for further clarifications because i wrote what all i know.
but one thing
they are changing papers but the quetions will be from previous quetion
i am in Computer Science Branch
take the advantage of branch for CS brach students.
just get 25 in written for 40. and talk something in tech and HR
u will be in. best opportunity for girls its like 50% reservation for girls.
and the pay package is 2.75 lakh per annum.
the cut off is 30
final word: dont go blindly with this answers to exam conform all the answers
and then share this paper with all of u’r friends. they(IBM) need people badly
so if all of u’r friends do well all of u will be in .
it depends upon the Panel
be perfect with u’r mini project.
1. why 2+2 is 4 why not 5.
ans: assume u took 2 apples from A and 2 more apples from B and assume u are having 5
and give 2 to X and give 2 more to Y then nothing will be with u i.e u lossed.
(give some answers but dont say that it is like that only )
2.how may stones did hanuman thowned on lanka? ( diffirent but of same type)
and one more how many trees are there in u’r campus …
dont say i dont no
say some no for ex 1000 and say i.e correct . they wont say any thing for that
because it is not possible to disprove that .
3. why IBM
and etc ………
Download Placement papers
Interview Questions & Tutorials
Download Entrance Exam Question Papers
Download Technical Tutorials, How-To Documents and User Guides