Company: ICICI Bank Ltd
1. A 2MB PCM(pulse code modulation) has
a) 32 channels b) 30 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
c) 31 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
d) 32 channels out of which 30 voice channels, 1 signalling channel, & 1 Synchronizatio
channel. Ans: (c)
2. 2. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second b) 1 seconds c) 4 seconds d) 2 seconds Ans: (a)
3. A dishonest shopkeeper professes to sell pulses at the cost price, but he uses a false weight
of 950gm. for a kg.
His gain is …%.
4. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one b) more than one c) two hops d) four hops Ans: (c)
5. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is stored ina)
register b) accumulator c) flag register d) flag register part of PSW(Program Status Word)
6. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz b) 8 Khz c) 16 Khz d) 64 Khz Ans: (a)
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line b) Parabolic c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
d) none Ans: (c)
8. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a MicroProcessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack. Ans: (b)
9. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a non-maskable
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the current
b) Processor serves the interupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the current task under
execution. Ans: (a)
10. The status of the Kernel is
a) task b) process c) not defined. d) none of the above. Ans: (b)
11. To send a data packet using datagram , connection will be established
a) before data transmission.
b) connection is not established before data transmission.
c) no connection is required.
d) none of the above. Ans: (c)
12. Word allignment is
a) alligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) alligning to even boundary.
c) alligning to word boundary.
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
13. When a ‘C’ function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are
pushed into the stack is
a) left to right b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variales.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above. Ans: (b)
14. What is the type of signalling used between two exchanges?
a) inband b) common channel signaling c) any of the above
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
15. Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in device speeds
b) a method to reduce cross talks
c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to receive.
d) a method to reduce routing overhead. Ans: (a)
16. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM. b) allocated in ROM. c) allocated on stack.
d) assigned to registers. Ans: (c)
17. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is
a) terminal adapter b) bulletin board c) modem d) terminal emulation
18. Find the output of the following program
printf(“%d”,(q-p)); Ans: 500
19. Which addressing mode is used in the following statements:
(a) MVI B,55 (b) MOV B,A (c) MOV M,A
Ans. (a) Immediate addressing mode.
(b) Register Addressing Mode
(c) Direct addressing mode
20. RS-232C standard is used in _____________. Ans. Serial I/O
21. Memory. Management in Operating Systems is done by
a) Memory Management Unit
b) Memory management software of the Operating System c) Kernel Ans: (b)
22. What is done for a Push opertion?Ans: SP is decremented and then the value is stored.
23. Binary equivalent of 52 Ans. 110100
24. Hexadecimal equivalent of 3452 Ans. 72A
25. Explain Just In Time Concept ? Ans. Elimination of waste by purchasing manufacturing
exactly when needed
26. A good way of unit testing s/w program is Ans. User test
27. OOT uses Ans. Encapsulated of detect methods
28. EDI useful in Ans. Electronic Transmission
29. MRPII different from MRP Ans. Modular version of man redundant
30. Hard disk time for R/W head to move to correct sector Ans. Latency Time
31. The percentage of times a page number bound in associate register is called
Ans. Bit ratio
32. Expand MODEM Ans. Modulator and Demodulator
33. RDBMS file system can be defined as Ans. Interrelated
34. Super Key is Ans. Primary key and Attribute
35. Windows 95 supports
(a) Multiuser (b) n tasks (c) Both (d) None Ans. (a)
36. In the command scanf, h is used for Ans. Short int
37. A process is defined as Ans. Program in execution
38. A thread is Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
39. A thread is Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
40. .How is memory management done in Win95
Ans. Through paging and segmentation
41. What is meant by polymorphism
Ans. Redfinition of a base class method in a derived class
42. What is the essential feature of inheritance
Ans. All properties of existing class are derived
43. What does the protocol FTP do
Ans. Transfer a file b/w stations with user authentification
44. In the transport layer ,TCP is what type of protocol Ans. Connection oriented
45. Why is a gateway used Ans. To connect incompatible networks
46. How is linked list implemented Ans. By referential structures
47. What method is used in Win95 in multitasking Ans. Non preemptive check
48. What is a semaphore Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
49. What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ / Ans.( ) , ++, /
50. Preorder of A*(B+C)/D-G Ans.*+ABC/-DG
51. What is the efficiency of merge sort Ans. O(n log n)
52. In which layer are routers used Ans.In network layer
53. Which of the following sorting algorithem has average sorting behavior –Bubble sort,
merge sort, heap sort,
exchange sort Ans. Heap sort
54. In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values–Inorder
,post order,preorder Ans.Inorder
55. What are device drivers used for Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
56. What are device drivers used for Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
57. What is make command in unix Ans. Used forcreation of more than one file
58. In unix .profile contains Ans. Start up program
59. In unix ‘ls ‘stores contents in Ans.inode block