Company: ICICI Bank Ltd
1. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is
composed of girls
A.y/(x + y) B.x/xy C.x/(x + y) D.y/xy (Ans.C)
2. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can
be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
A.16 B.24 C.30 D.64 (Ans.D)
3. .If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is
the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
A.0 B.1 C.-1 D.4 (Ans.B)
4. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a
gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the
33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade,how much will the shop
save in blending 100 gms.
A.Rs.90 B.Rs.1.00 C.Rs.3.00 D.Rs.8.00 (Ans.C)
5. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these
questions are 50 mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much
time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.How many
minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
A.36 B.72 C.60 D.100 (Ans.B)
6. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3
have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
A.0 B.3 C.4 D.5 (Ans.B)
If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
A.1/4 B.1/2 C.1 D.2 (Ans.C)
8. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b < a (B) b > a (C) b = a (D) b >= a
9. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its
game played. After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its
average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a row to
attain this average?
A. 12 B. 20 C. 24 D. 30 (Ans. C)
10. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how
much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
C. M/(D-3) D. 3D/(M2-3M)
A. D/(M-3) B. MD/3
11. . A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a
house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days.
After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a
period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the
A. 7 B. 8 C. 11 D. 12 (Ans.C)
12. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the
same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16
km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train.
The average speed of the freight train was?
A. 30 B. 40 C.58 D. 60 (Ans. B)
13. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
A.-5 B. 4 C. 2 D. 8 (Ans. D)
14. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe
what is the probability of getting a red shoe (Ans
15. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and
a profit of 10% over selling price is earned (Ans: Rs 66/-)
16. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number
of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
17. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage
should it be increased to make it 100% (Ans:
18. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the
square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square. (Ans. 11/14 )
19. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness.
The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker
one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed
he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long ago
did Ramesh light the two candles .
Ans: 3 hours.
20. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
21. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
22. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS &
parallelogram PQRST . (Ans: 1:2 )
23. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling
price what is the selling price ?
(Ans: Rs 13.86/- )
24. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are
drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes (Ans: 6c2/10c2)
25. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure
water. What is % alcohol. (Ans : 15% )
26. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works
1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that
worker ? (Ans : 57.50 )
27. If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 which of the following is the
(a) x b) x2 (c) –x (d) 1/x (Ans : (d) )
28. If the total distance of a journey is 120 km .If one goes by 60 kmph
and comes back at 40kmph what is the average speed during the
journey? Ans: 48kmph
29. A school has 30% students from Maharashtra .Out of these 20% are
Bombey students. Find the total percentage of Bombay? (Ans: 6%)
30. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many
equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it? (Ans: 9)
31. If A/B = 3/5,then 15A = ? (Ans : 9B)
32. Each side of a rectangle is increased by 100% .By what percentage
does the area increase? (Ans : 300%)
33. Perimeter of the back wheel = 9 feet, front wheel = 7 feet on a
certain distance, the front wheel gets 10 revolutions more than the back
wheel .What is the distance? Ans : 315 feet
34. Perimeter of front wheel =30, back wheel = 20. If front wheel
revolves 240 times. How many revolutions will the back wheel take?
Ans: 360 times
35. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What
percentage of the mixture of solution
36. City A’s population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per
year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people
per year. In how many years both the cities will have
same population? (Ans: 130 years)
37. Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50kmph and
the other at 40kmph . How much time will it take for the two cars to
meet? (Ans: 3/2 hours)
38. A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly
one rupee. If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won’t able
to buy 3 paise stamps. Ans: 9
39. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups
can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls.
40. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3
(a) 22/62 (b) 15/46 (c) 2/3 (d) 1 (Ans:
41. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is
circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer
circle? Ans: 1 : 2
42. Three types of tea the a,b,c costs Rs. 95/kg,100/kg and70/kg
respectively.How many kgs of each should be blended to produce 100 kg of
mixture worth Rs.90/kg, given that the quntities of band c are equal
a)70,15,15 b)50,25,25 c)60,20,20 d)40,30,30
43. in a class, except 18 all are above 50 years.15 are below 50 years of
age. How many people are there
(a) 30 (b) 33 (c) 36 (d) none of these. (Ans. (d))
44. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14 km/hr and goes
downstream with a velocity of 40 km/hr, then what is the speed of the
(a) 13 km/hr (b) 26 km/hr (c) 34 km/hr (d) none of these (Ans.
45. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 – 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 – 0.075
(a) 0.845 (b) 1.908 (c) 2.312 (d) 0.001
46. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times
faster than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will
they take to do the work together ?
(a) 3 days (b) 8/9 days (c) 4 days (d) can’t say (Ans. B)
47. A car travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs in forward journey,
during the return journey increased speed 12km/hr takes the times 5
hrs.What is the distancetravelled
(a) 210 kms (b) 30 kms (c) 20 kms (c) none of these (Ans.
48. Instead of multiplying a number by 7, the number is divided by 7.
What is the percentage of error obtained ?
49. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 7 (d) data insufficient (Ans. C)
50. A man buys 12 lts of liquid which contains 20% of the liquid and the
rest is water. He then mixes it with 10 lts of another mixture with 30% of
liquid.What is the % of water in the new mixture?
51. If a man buys 1 lt of milk for Rs.12 and mixes it with 20% water and
sells it for Rs.15, then what is the percentage of gain?
52. Pipe A can fill a tank in 30 mins and Pipe B can fill it in 28 mins.If
3/4th of the tank is filled by Pipe B alone and both are opened, how much
time is required by both the pipes to fill the tank completely ?
53. If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit.
If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit percentage.
(a) 40% (b) 55% (c) 35% (d) 30%
54. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If
however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be
finished. How many men were there originally?
(a) 110 men (b) 130 men (c) 100 men (d) none of these (Ans.
55. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and
Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(a) Rs. 500 (b) Rs. 600 (c) Rs. 800 (d) Rs. 900
56. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3
years. In how many years will it become 9 times itself.
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 10 (d) 12 (Ans A)
57. Two trains move in the same direction at 50 kmph and 32 kmph
respectively. A man in the slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse
before the faster train completely passes by him. What is the length of
faster train ?
(a) 100m (b) 75m (c) 120m (d) 50m
58. How many mashes are there in 1 squrare meter of wire gauge if each
is 8mm long and 5mm wide ?
(a) 2500 (b) 25000 (c) 250 (d) 250000 (Ans B)
59. x% of y is y% of ?
(a) x/y (b) 2y (c) x (d) can’t be determined Ans. C
60. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife
reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same
as before ?
(a) 15% (b) 16.66% (c) 12% (d) 9%
61. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for
rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his
monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
(a) Rs.500 (b) Rs.1500 (c) Rs.1000 (d) Rs. 900
62. The population of a city increases @ 4% p.a. There is an additional
annual increase of 4% of the population due to the influx of job seekers, find
the % increase in population after 2 years ?
63. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a school is 3:2 Out of
these 10% the boys and 25% of girls are scholarship holders. % of students
who are not scholarship holders.?
64. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hrs. each to do a piece of work. How many
days of 6 hrs. each would it take for 21 women if 3 women do as much work
as 2 men?
(a) 30 (b) 20 (c) 19 (d) 29 (Ans. A)
65. A cylinder is 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height. If spheres of the
same size are made from the material obtained, what is the diameter of each
(a) 5 cms (b) 2 cms (c) 3 cms (d) 4 cms (Ans C)
66. A rectangular plank (2) meters wide can be placed so that it is on
either side of the diagonal of a square shown below.(Figure is not
available)What is the area of the plank? ( Ans
67. What is the smallest number by which 2880 must be divided in order
to make it into a perfect square ?
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 6 (Ans. C)
68. A father is 30 years older than his son however he will be only thrice
as old as the son after 5 years what is father’s present age ?
(a) 40 yrs (b) 30 yrs (c) 50 yrs (d) none of these (Ans.
69. An article sold at a profit of 20% if both the cost price and selling
price would be Rs.20/- the profit would be 10% more. What is the cost price
of that article?
70. If an item costs Rs.3 in ’99 and Rs.203 in ’00.What is the % increase
(a) 200/3 % (b) 200/6 % (c) 100% (d) none of these (Ans.
71. 5 men or 8 women do equal amount of work in a day. a job requires
3 men and 5 women to finish the job in 10 days how many woman are
required to finish the job in 14 days.
a) 10 b) 7 c) 6 d) 12 (Ans 7)
72. A simple interest amount of rs 5000 for six month is rs 200. what is
the anual rate of interest?
a) 10% b) 6% c) 8% d) 9% (Ans 8%)
73. In objective test a correct ans score 4 marks and on a wrong ans 2
marks are —. a student score 480 marks from 150 question. how many
ans were correct?
a) 120 b) 130 c) 110 d) 150 (Ans130)
74. An artical sold at amount of 50% the net sale price is rs 425 .what is
the list price of the artical?
a) 500 b) 488 c) 480 d) 510 (Ans 500)
75. A man leaves office daily at 7pm A driver with car comes from his
home to pick him from office and bring back home.One day he gets free at
5:30 and instead of waiting for driver he starts walking towards home. In the
way he meets the car and returns home on car He reaches home 20 minutes
earlier than usual. In how much time does the man reach home
usually?? (Ans. 1hr 20min)
76. A works thrice as much as B. If A takes 60 days less than B to do a
work then find the number of days it would take to complete the work if
both work together?
77. How many 1’s are there in the binary form of 8*1024 + 3*64 +
3 Ans. 4
78. In a digital circuit which was to implement (A B) + (A)XOR(B), the
designer implements (A B) (A)XOR(B) What is the probability of error in
79. A boy has Rs 2. He wins or loses Re 1 at a time If he wins he gets
Re 1 and if he loses the game he loses Re 1.He can loose only 5 times. He is
out of the game if he earns Rs 5.Find the number of ways in which this is
possible? (Ans. 16)
80. If there are 1024*1280 pixels on a screen and each pixel can have
around 16 million colors. Find the memory required for this? (Ans.
81. . On a particular day A and B decide that they would either speak the
truth or will lie. C asks A whether he is speaking truth or lying? He answers
and B listens to what he said. C then asks B what A has said B says “A says
that he is a liar” What is B speaking ?(a) Truth (b) Lie (c) Truth when A
lies (d) Cannot be determined
82. What is the angle between the two hands of a clock when time is
83. A student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left. How many
students are there in totality ?
84. A man walks east and turns right and then from there to his left and
then 45degrees to his right.In which direction did he go (Ans. North
85. A student gets 70% in one subject, 80% in the other. To get
an overall of 75% how much should get in third subject.
86. A man shows his friend a woman sitting in a park and says that she
the daughter of my grandmother’s only son.What is the relation between the
87. How many squares with sides 1/2 inch long are needed to cover a
rectangle that is 4 ft long and 6 ft wide
(a) 24 (b) 96 (c) 3456 (d) 13824 (e) 14266
88. If a=2/3b , b=2/3c, and c=2/3d what part of d is b/
(a) 8/27 (b) 4/9 (c) 2/3 (d) 75% (e) 4/3 Ans. (b)
89. 2598Successive discounts of 20% and 15% are equal to a single
(a) 30% (b) 32% (c) 34% (d) 35% (e) 36 Ans.
90. The petrol tank of an automobile can hold g liters.If a liters was
removed when the tank was full, what part of the full tank was removed?
(a)g-a (b)g/a (c) a/g (d) (g-a)/a (e) (g-a)/g (Ans. (c))
91. If x/y=4 and y is not ‘0’ what % of x is 2x-y
(a)150% (b)175% (c)200% (d)250% (Ans. (b))
5. Sandra has not rarely missed a play or concert since she was seventeen years old.
a. not rarely
b. a play
d. was seventeen years old
6. The governor has not decided how to deal with the new problems already.
c. how to deal with
7. There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy.
a. there was
c. on the
B. Part III [1 x 6 = 6 Marks]
In question 15-20, the given pair of words contains a specific relationship to each other. Select the
best pair of choices which expresses the same relationship as the given.
1. PROCRASTINATOR : DELAY ::
a. flatterer : undermine
b. genius : creativity
c. tyrant : influence
d. general : salute
2. APIARY : BEE ::
a. mountain : skier
b. airport : flight
c. schedule : event
d. stable : horse
3. OVATION : APPLAUSE ::
a. grief : loss
b. rout : defeat
c. triumph : failure
d. pathway : ruin
4. DOLPHIN : FLIPPER ::
a. insect : antenna
b. burglar : mask
c. gull : wing
d. plane : radar
5. WATERTIGHT : MOISTURE ::
a. hermetic : air
b. combatant : strife
c. somnolent : boredom
d. ocean : shore
6. PLAYWRIGHT : SCRIPT ::
a. composer : score
b. physician : diagnosis
c. verse : poet
d. king : parliament
A. Part IV [1 x 5 = 5 Marks]
In question 21-25, choose the best word, which is most opposite in the meaning to the given word.
A. Passage Comprehension [1 x 7 = 7 Marks]
Line 1. A recent investigation by scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey shows that strange animal
behavior might help predict earthquakes. Investigators found such occurrences within a ten-kilometer
radius of the epicenter of a fairly recent quake. Some birds screeched and flew about wildly; dogs
yelped and ran around uncontrollably.
Line 5. Scientists believe that animals can perceive environmental changes several hours or even days
before the mishaps. Animals were notes as being restless for several weeks before a Tashkent,
Uzbekistan, earthquake. An hour before the disaster, domestic animals refused to go indoors and
dogs howled and barked furiously. In 1960, an earthquake struck Agadir in Morocco. Survivors recall
that stray animals, including dogs, were seen streaming out of town before the earthquake. In a safari
zoo near San Francisco, llamas would not eat the evening before a 1979 quake, and they ran around
wildly all night.
Line 12. Unusual animal behavior preceding earthquakes has been noted for centuries. British
Admiral Robert Fitzroy reported huge flocks of screaming seabirds over Conception, Chile, in 1835. An
hour and half later, dogs were seen fleeing, and ten minutes later the town was destroyed. Similar
stories of chickens running around in apparent states of panic, horses trembling and dogs barking
incessantly were recorded throughout the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries by survivors of
earthquake destruction in India, Yugoslavia, Peru, Mexico and the Unites States.
Line 18. In 1976, after monitoring bizarre animal behavior, the Chinese predicted a devastating
earthquake. Although hundreds of thousand of people were killed, the government was able to
evacuate millions of others people and thus keep the death toll at a lower level.
1. What prediction may be made by observing animal behavior?
a. An impending earthquake
b. The number of people who will die
c. The ten-kilometer radium from the epicenter
d. The fact that an earthquake has occurred.
2. The author implies that animals are aware of an impending earthquake because
a. Of their intelligence
b. They have certain instinctive abilities to perceive that human do not possess
c. They are generally closer to the epicenter than the human observers
d. They react to other animal behaviors
3. The word “evacuate” in line 20 closest in meaning to
4. All of the following statement are true EXCEPT
a. some animals may be able to sense an approaching earthquake
b. by observing animal behavior scientist perhaps can predict earthquakes
c. the Chines have successfully predicted an earthquake and saved may lives
d. only dogs and horses seem to possess the special perception that allows them to predict
5. In line 3 the word ” epicenter” is nearest in meaning to
6. The passage implies that if scientist can accurately predict earthquakes there will be
a. fewer animal going crazy
b. a lower death rate
c. fewer people evacuated
d. fewer environmental changes
7. In line 18 “devastating” means most nearly the same as
I. Logical and Analytical Reasoning Ability:
A. Part I : Logical Reasoning Ability [1 x 9 = 9 Marks]
For Question 1-5 : Six actors – Bob, Carol, Dave. Ed, Frank, and Grace – are auditioning
for a part in an off-Broadway play. The auditions for a part in an off-Broadway play. The
auditions will take place over four consecutive days, starting on a Thursday. Each actor
will have one audition. The days on which the different actors will audition must conform
to the following conditions :
At least one audition will take place on any day.
No more than two auditions will take place on any day
No more than 3 auditions will take place on any two consecutive days
Bob’s audition must take place on Saturday
Carol’s audition must take place on the same day as another audition
Frank’s audition must take place on a day before grace’s audition
Dave’s audition must take place on a day after Ed’s audition
1. if only one audition takes place on Thursday, which actor could have that audition
2. If Bob’s and frank’s auditions are on the same day, which of the following must be true
a. Dave’s audition will take place on Thursday
b. Dave’s audition will take place on Friday
c. Grace’s audition will take place on Thursday
d. Carol’s audition will take place on Sunday
e. Ed’s audition will take place on Sunday
3. If the director decides to two hold the auditions on Thursday and two on Sunday, how
many actors would be eligible to audition on Friday
4. If Ed and Grace have their auditions on the same day, which of the following must be
a. Ed’s audition will take place on Thursday
b. Frank’s audition will take place on Thursday
c. Carol’s audition will take place on Saturday
d. Grace’s audition will take place on Saturday
e. Carol’s audition will take place on Sunday
5. If Ed’s audition is on Saturday, which of the following actors cannot audition on the
same day as any other actor?
For Question 6-9 : As part of their sports physicals, seven collegiate athletes – F, G, H, I,
J, K & L – are being weighed. In announcing the results of the physical exams, the coach
has given the following information:
None of the athletes is exactly the same weight as another athlete
K is heavier than L, but lighter than H
I is heavier than J
Both F and G are heavier than H.
6. Each of the following could be true EXCEPT
a. F is the heaviest
b. G is the heaviest
c. I is the heaviest
d. More than three athletes are heavier than K
e. More than three athletes are lighter than K
7. Which of the following, if true, would be sufficient to determine which athlete is the
a. I is the heaviest
b. I is lighter than K
c. K is heavier than J
d. J is heavier than K
e. Exactly five students are lighter than F
8. If J is heavier than F, how many different rankings, by weight, of the athletes are
9. If H is heavier than I, which of the following CANNOT be true?
a. I’s weight is equal to the average of F’s weight and G’s weight
b. I’s weight is equal to the average of K’s weight and L’s weight
c. J’s weight is equal to the average of K’s weight and L’s weight
d. J is the second lightest
e. J is the lightest
. Part I : Problem Solving Ability [1 x 25 = 25 Marks]
1. A truck departed from Newton at 11:53a.m. and arrived in Far City, 240 miles away, at 4:41 p.m.
on the same day. What was the approximate average speed of the truck on this trip?
a. 16/1,200 MPH
b. 40/288 MPH
c. 1,494/240 MPH
d. 50 MPH
1. If m,n,o and p are real numbers, each of the following expressions equals m(nop) EXCEPT
1. If the ratio of women to men in a meeting is 4 to 1, what percent of the persons in the meeting are
c. 33 1/3%
1. Tom received 89, 94, 86, and 96 on the first algebra tests. What grade must he receive on his last
test to have an average of 92?
1. If the measures of the three angles of a triangle are (3x + 15), (5x – 15), and (2x + 30), what is the
measure of each angle?
1. Which of the following equations can be used to find a number x, if the difference between the
square of this number and 21 is the same as the product of 4 times the number?
a. x – 21 = 4x
b. x2- 21 = 4x
c. x2 = 21-4x
d. x + 4×2=21
1. Emile receives a flat weekly salary of Rs.240 plus 12% commission of the total volume of all sales
he makes. What must his rupees volume be in a week if he is to make a total weekly of Rs.540?
1. A and B undertake to do a work for Rs.56. A can do it alone in 7 days and B in 8 days. If with the
assistance of a boy they finish the work in 3 days then the boy gets Rs.–
1. A postal truck leaves its station and heads for Chicago, averaging 40mph. An error in the mailing
schedule is spotted and 24 minutes after the truck leaves, a car is sent to overtake the truck. If the
car averages 50mph, how long will it take to catch the postal truck?
a. 1.6 hours
b. 3 hours
c. 2 hours
d. 1.5 hours
1. In a class of 40 students, 30 speak French and 20 speak German. What is the lowest possible
number of students who speak both languages?
1. The value of B in the equation a = (h/2)(B+b) is
a. (2a – b)/h
b. 2h/a – b
c. 2a – b
d. 2a/h – b
2. The perimeter of a square inscribed in the circumference of radius R is
1. If R,S, and Q can wallpaper a house in 8 hours and R and S can do it in 12 hours, how long will it
take Q alone to wallpaper the house ?
a. 12 hours
b. 24 hours
c. 8 hours
d. 20 hours
1. An old picture has dimensions 33 inches by 24 inches. What one length must be cut from each
dimension so that the ratio of the shorter side to the longer side is 2:3?
a. 2 inches
b. 6 inches
c. 9 inches
d. 10 1/2 inches
1. In a group of 30 people the average height is 6 feet and 2 inches. Therefore, we can assume that
1. everyone is 6ft and 2 inches
2. most of the people are 6ft and 2 inches.
3. not all could be taller than 6ft and 2 inches.
a. 2 only
b. 3 only
c. 1 and 2 only
d. 1, 2 and 3
1. One wall being made entirely of bricks is 40% built. If we need 1,200 more bricks to complete the
wall, how many bricks will the wall have ?
1. In a College Bookstore where all books are the same price, a + b books are selling for Rs.1,000.
Myron buys 12 books and for each one has a discount of Rs.1. How much does Myron need to pay ?
a. [(a + b) – 1] x 12
b. [(a + b)/1000 – 1] x 12
c. [(1000/(a + b)) – 1] x 12
d. [a + b] x 1
1. A square is inscribed in a circle of area 18p. What is the length of a side of the square ?
1. A box contains 6 red marbles and 4 blue marbles. What is the probability that if 2 marbles are
simultaneously drawn from the box, both will be red ?
1. If it is 250 kms from Delhi to Chandigarh and 120 kms from Delhi to Jaipur, what percentage of
the distance from Delhi to Chandigarh is the distance from Delhi to Jaipur?
1. A car goes 15 kms on a litre of petrol. When it is driven at 60 kms per hour it only goes 80% as far.
How many litres of petrol will it take to travel 120 kms driving at 60 kms per hour?
1. The solution of the equation 4 – 5(2y + 4) = 4 is
1. I went to Lucky Duck Casino and in the first game I lost one-third of my money, in the second
game I lost half of the rest. If I still have Rs.1,000, how much money did I have when I arrived at the
1. For each Rupee spent by the sales department, the research department spends 20 paise. For every
Rs. 4 spent by the research department, the packing department spends Rs.1.50. The triple ratio of
the money spent by the sales department to the money spent by the research department to the
money spent by the packing department can be expressed as
a. 40 : 8 : 3
b. 20 : 4 : 1
c. 8 : 4 : 1
d. 1 : 1 : 5
e. 2 : 1 : 5
1. From the beginning to the end of 1996, the price of a rare book rose 20 percent. In 1997, it dropped
25 percent. In 1998, it rose 20 percent. What percent of 1996`s starting price is 1998`s starting price?