Company: Infosys Technologies Ltd
1. Replace each letter by a digit. Each letter must be represented by the same digit and no beginning letter of a word can be 0.
O N E
O N E
O N E
O N E
T E N
Ans: 0 =1, N = 8, E = 2, T = 7.
2. The product of 5 different temperatures is 12.If all of then r integers then find all the temperatures
Ans.-2,-1, 1, 2, 3
3. If I walk with 30 miles/hr I reach 1 hour before and if I walk with 20 miles/hr I reach 1 hour late. Find the distance between 2 points and the exact time of reaching destination is 11 am then find the speed with which it walks.
Ans. 120miles and 24 miles/hr
3. If the digits of my present age are reversed then I get the age of my son. If 1 year ago my age was twice as that of my son. Find my present age.
Ans. father-73, son-37
4.There r 9 cities numbered 1 to 9.From how many cities the flight can start so as to reach the city 8 either directly or indirectly such the path formed is divisible by 3.
Ans. 1368-Flights goes through 1-3-6-8.
5. Next number in the series is 1, 2, 4, 13, 31, 112,?
Ans: 224.No number has digits more than 4. All of them are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32,64 converted to numbers in base 5.
6. Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to My sore and other in opposite direction arrive at their destination 1 hr and 4 hours respectively after passing each other. How much fasteris one train from other?
7. I bought a car with a peculiar 5 digit numbered license plate which on reversing could still be read. On reversing value is
increased by 78633.Whats the original number if all digits were different?
Ans: Only 0 1 6 8 and 9 can be read upside down. So on rearranging these digits, we get the answer as 10968.
8. A person meets a train at a railway station coming daily at a particular time . One day he is late by 25 minutes, and he meets the train 5 Kim. before the station. If his speed is 12 Kmph, what is the speed of the train.
Ans: 60 Kmph. Refer–Shakuntala Devi Book.
9. A lorry starts from Bangalore to Mysore at 6.00 AM, 7.00 AM, 8.00 am…..10 pm. Similarly one another starts from Mysore to Bangalore at 6.00 am,7.00 am, 8.00 am…..10.00pm. A lorry takes 9 hours to travel from Bangalore to Mysore and vice versa.
(i) A lorry which has started at 6.00 am will cross how many lorries.
10. 5 women given some of their heights (tall, medium, short) Hair( long, plainted), stards(Black or Brown), sari,2 medium,2short.Tall->no sari.Plainted->medium.
Answer: the combinations.
11. A, B, C are 3 girls and there are 770 Apples. For every 4 Apples,A takes, B takes 3. For ever 6 Apples, C takes 7 Apples?
12. 4 mathematician has x apples. If he arranges them in rows of 3 one will be left. The same is the case with 5,7,9 apples. But when he arranged them in rows of 11, non will be left. Find the no. of apples.
Ans: 946. (Hint: 11*6 11*11 11*16 11*21 =2E……11*76 =3D946).
13. T, U, V are 3 friends digging groups in fields. If T & U can complete i groove in 4 days &, U & V can complete 1 groove in 3
days & V & T can complete in 2 days. Find how many days each takes to complete 1 groove individually.
Ans: 24 days.
14. An escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating.
15. Two turns have certain peculiar characteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The other always lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On the other days they tell the truth. You are given a conversation. Person A — Today is Sunday and my name is anil. Person B — Today is Tuesday and my name is Bill. What is today?
Ans. Today is Tuesday.
16. Logical reasoning tactics practice puzzle poetry.
(1) Henny, Axie, Amie are friends. Conditions:-
(a) Herry or Axies is the oldest.
(b) If Axie is the oldest, Amie is the youngest. Who is the youngest & who is the oldest?
Ans: Amie is the youngest, Axie is oldest.
17. How many four digit numbers divisible by four can be formed using 1, 2, 3, 4; repetitions are not allowed!
18.A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as manybrothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there?
Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
19.In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
Ans: 22 + 2+ 1 = 25.
20. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second. 4 the digit is 4 more than the second one. Find the digit.
21.1, 2 , 3, 4 digits are available. How many number of 4 digited numbers which are divisible by 4. (There should be no repetition of digits in the numbers) can be formed?
Ans: 6 numbers.
22.A merchant in the last day sells 2 lamps for Rs.12 price. He finds that he has got 25 % gain on one and 20% lost on the other.Did he loose or gain overall? If so how much?
Ans: 60 paise Loss.
23. There are 6561 number of balls in a bag. Out of which one is heavy ball. In how many minimum number of weighing you can find the heavy ball.
24. A & B two places. C & D are two people. C started from A and D started from B. When they meet each other in the way C traveled 18 m more than D. Then C takes 13 and half a minute and D takes 24 minutes to reach the other end. What was the distance between A & B.
25. a + b + c +d = d + e + f + g = g + h + i =17. If a = 4, what are the values of d and g. Each letter taken only one of the digit from 1 to 9.
Ans: a = 4 ,b = 2, c =6, d = 5, e = 3, f = 8, g = 1, h = 7, i = 9.