Subject: infosys!!!! (fwd)
1). A beggr collects cigarette stubs and makes one ful cigarette with every 7 stubs. Once he gets 49 stubs . How many cigarettes
can he smoke totally.
2). A soldiar looses his way in a thick jungle at random walks from his camp but mathematically in an interestingg fashion.
First he walks one mile east then half mile to north. Then 1/4 mile to west, then 1/8 mile to south and so on making a loop.
Finally hoe far he is from his camp and in which direction.
ans: in north and south directions
1/2 – 1/8 + 1/32 – 1/128 + 1/512 – and so on
similarly in east and west directions
1- 1/4 + 1/16 – 1/64 + 1/256 – and so on
= 1/(( 1- ( – 1/4))
add both the answers
3). hoe 1000000000 can be written as a product of two factors neither of them containing zeros
Ans 2 power 9 x 5 ppower 9 ( check the answer )
4). Conversation between two mathematcians:
first : I have three childern. Thew pproduct of their ages is 36 .If you sum their ages . it is exactly same as my neighbour’s
door number on my left. The sacond mathematiciaan verfies the door number and says that the not sufficient . Then the first
says ” o.k one more clue is that my youngest is the youngest” Immmediately the second mathematician answers . Can you aanswer
the questoion asked by the first mathematician?
What are the childeren ages?
ans 2 and 3 and 6
5). Light glows for every 13 seconds . How many times did it between 1:57:58 and 3:20:47 am
ans : 383 + 1 = 384
6). 500 men are arranged in an array of 10 rows and 50 columns. ALL tallest among each row aare asked to fall out . And the
shortest among THEM is A. Similarly after resuming that to their originaal podsitions that the shorteest among each column are
asked to fall out. And the longest among them is B . Now who is taller among A and B ?
7). A person spending out 1/3 for cloths , 1/5 of the remsaining for food and 1/4 of the remaining for travelles is left with
Rs 100/- . How he had in the begining ?
ans RS 250/-
8). there are six boxes containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in colour. Some boxes contain only
red balls and others contain only blue . One sales man sold one box out of them and then he says ” I have the same number of red
balls left out as that of blue “. Which box is the one he solds out ?
Ans : total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2 = 60/2 = 30 and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
9). A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lenths conttaining 3 links each. It is taken to a backsmith to join into
a single continuous one . How many links are to tobe opened to make it ?
Ans : 2.
10). Grass in lawn grows equally thickand in a uniform rate. It takes 24 days for 70 cows and 60 for 30 cows . How many cows can
eat away the same in 96 days.?
Ans : 18 or 19
11). There is a certain four digit number whose fourth digit is twise the first digit.
Third digit is three more than second digit.
Sum of the first and fourth digits twise the third number.
What was that number ?
Ans : 2034 and 4368
If you qualify in the first part then you have to appear for the second i.e the following part.
1. From a vessel on the first day, 1/3rd of the liquid evaporates. On the second day 3/4th of the remaining liquid
evaporates. what fraction of the volume is present at the end of the II day.
2. an orange galss has orange juice. and white glass has apple juice. Bothe equal volume 50ml of the orange juice is taken and poured into the apple juice. 50ml from the white glass is poured into the orange glass. Of the two quantities, the amount of apple juice in the orange glass and the amount of orange juice in the white glass, which one is greater and by how much?
3. there is a 4 inch cube painted on all sides. this is cut into no of 1 inch cubes. what is the no of cubes which have no pointed sides.
4. sam and mala have a conversation. sam says i am vertainly not over 40. mala says i am 38 and you are atleast 5 years older than me. Now sam says you are atleast 39. all the sattements by the two are false. How hold are they realy.
5. ram singh goes to his office in the city, every day from his suburbun house. his driver mangaram drops him at the railway station in the morning and picks him up in the evening. Every evening ram singh reaches the station at 5 o’clock. mangaram also reaches at the same time. one day ramsingh started early from his office and came to the station at 4 o’clock. not wanting to wait for the car he starts walking home. Mangaram starts at normal time, picks him up on the way and takes him back house, half an hour early. how much time did ram singh walk.
6. in a railway station, there are tow trains going. One in the harbour line and one in the main line, each having a frequency of 10 minutes. the main line service starts at 5 o’clock. the harbour line starts at 5.02a.m. a man goes to the station every day to catch the first train. what is the probability of man catchinhg the first train
7. some people went for vaction. unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. but whenever it rained in the morning, they had clean afternood and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 morning and 12 afternoons. how many days did they stay there totally
8. exalator problem repeat
9. a survey was taken among 100 people to firn their preference of watching t.v. programmes. there are 3 channels. given no of
people who watch at least channel 1″ ” 2″ ” 3 no channels at all atleast channels 1and 3
” ” 1 and 2
” ” 2 and 3
find the no of people who watched all three.
10. albert and fernandes they have two leg swimming race. both start from opposite and of the pool. On the first leg, the boys
pass each other at 18 mt from the deep end of the pool. during the II leg they pass at 10 mt from the shallow end of the pool.
Both go at const speed. but one of them is faster. each boy rests for 4 sec to see at the end of the i leg. what is the
length of the pool.
11. T H I S Each alphabet stands for one
I S digit, what is the maximum value T
————– can take
X F X X
X X U X
X X N X X
1. an escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. how many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating.
2. evvery day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. the road is straignt before the crossing and both are travelling
in the same direction. cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km
before the crossing. what is the seppd of the train.
3. five persons muckerjee, misra, iyer, patil and sharma, all take then first or middle names in the full names. There are 4
persons having I or middle name of kumar, 3 persons with mohan, 2 persons withdev and 1 anil.
–Either mukherjee and patil have a I or middle name of dev or
misra and iyer have their I or middle name of dev
–of mukherkjee and misre, either both of them have a first or
middle name of mohan or neither have a first or middle name of mohan
–either iyer of sharma has a I or middle name of kumar hut not both.
who has the I or middle name of anil
4. reading conprehension
5. a bird keeper has got Ppigeon, M mynas and S sparrows. the keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds.
a. suppose p=10, m=5, s=8 when the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs the x birds have escaped. the bird keeper
exclaims oh no! all my sparrows are gone. how many birds flew away.
b. when the bird keeper come back, the assistand told him that x birds have escaped. the keeper realised that atleast2 sparrows
have escaped. what is minimum no of birds that can escape.
6. select from the five alternatives A,B,C,D,E
AT THE end of each question ,two conditions will be given. the choices are to filled at follows.
a. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1
b. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 2
c. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2
d. if a definete conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2
e. no conclusion can be drawn using both conditions
1. person 1 says N<5 person says n>5
person 3 says 3N>20
person 4 says 3n>10
person 5 says N<8 whaT IS value of N a) 1. no of persons who speak false being less than no of persons who tells the truth. 2. person 2 is telling the truth. b) 1. no of persong telling the truth is greater than no of persons telling lies 2. person 5 is telling the truth. 7. there are N coins on a table. there are two players A&B. you can take 1 or 2 coins at a time. the person who takes the last coin is the loser. a always starts first –1. if N=7 a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chanse b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance. c) B can always win by proper play d) none of the above –2. A can win by proper play if N is equal to a) 13 b) 37 c) 22 d) 34 e) 48 ans. e. –3. B can win by proper play if N is equal to a) 25 b)26 c) 32 d) 41 e) none –4. if N<4, can A win by proper play always 8. Two turns have vertain pecular charcteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. the other always lies on Tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. On the other days they tel the truth. You are given a conversation. person A– today is sunday my name is anil person B– today is tuesday, my name is bill answers for selected questions 2. equal 1. 150 3. 8 2. 60 kmph 4. 37(M),41(S) 3. Mukherjee 5. 45 min. 8. today is tuesday 6. 0.8 7. 18 11. T max value = 4 3. Anil kumar Mukherjee Kumar Misra dev Mohan iyer dev kumar patil mohan mohan sharma kumar INFOSYS ——– 1) There are two balls touching each other circumferencically. The radius of the big ball is 4 times the diameter of the small ball.The outer small ball rotates in anticlockwise direction circumferencically over the bigger one at the rate of 16 rev/sec. The bigger wheel also rotates anticlockwise at Nrev/sec. what is ‘N’ for the horizontal line from the centre of small wheel always is horizontal. 2) 1 2 3 4 + 3 4 5 5 ———- 4 6 8 9 – 2 3 4 5 ———- 2 3 4 4 + 1 2 5 4 ———— 3 6 9 8 Q) Strike off any digit from each number in seven rows (need not be at same place) and combine the same operations with 3 digit numbers to get the same addition. After this strike off another digit from all and add all the No.s to get the same 2 digit No. perform the same process again with 1 digit No.s. Give the ‘ no.s in 7 rows at each stage. 3) there is a safe with a 5 digit No. The 4th digit is 4 greater than second digit, while 3rd digit is 3 less than 2nd digit. The 1st digit is thrice the last digit. There are 3 pairs whose sum is 11. Find the number. Ans) 65292. 4) there are 2 guards Bal and Pal walking on the side of a wall of a wearhouse(12m X 11m) in opposite directions. They meet at a point and Bal says to Pal ” See you again in the other side”. After a few moments of walking Bal decides to go back for a smoke but he changes his direction again to his previous one after 10 minutes of walking in the other(opposite) direction remembering that Pal will be waiting for to meet.If Bal and Pal walk 8 and 11 feet respectively, how much distance they would have travelled before meeting again. 5) xxx)xxxxx(xxx 3xx ——- xxx x3x —— xxx 3xx —— Q) Find the 5 digit No. Hint: 5 is used atleast once in the calculation. 6) Afly is there 1 feet below the ceiling right across a wall length is 30m at equal distance from both the ends. There is a spider 1 feet above floor right across the long wall eqidistant from both the ends. If the width of the room is 12m and 12m, what distance is to be travelled by the spider to catch the fly? if it takes the shortest path. 7) Ramesh sit around a round table with some other men. He has one rupee more than his right person and this person in turn has 1 rupee more than the person to his right and so on, Ramesh decided to give 1 rupee to his right & he in turn 2 rupees to his right and 3 rupees to his right & so on. This process went on till a person has ‘no money’ to give to his right. At this time he has 4 times the money to his right person. How many men are there along with Ramesh and what is the money with poorest fellow. 8)Question related to probabilities of removing the red ball from a basket,given that two balls are removed from the basket and the other ball is red. The basket contains blue,red,yellow balls. 9)Venkat has 1boy&2daughters.The product of these children age is 72. The sum of their ages give the door numberof Venkat.Boy is elder of three.Can you tell the ages of all the three. ANALYTICAL ———- 1)L:says all of my other 4 friends have money M:says that P said that exact one has money N:says that L said that precisely two have money O:says that M said that 3 of others have money. P:Land N said that they have money. all are liers.Who has money&who doesn’t have? 2)A hotel has two,the east wing and the west wing.some east wing rooms but not all have an ocean view(OV).All WW have a harbour view(HV).The charge for all rooms is identical, except as follows * Extra charge for all HV rooms on or above the 3rd floor * Extra charge for all OV rooms except those without balcony * Extra charge for some HV rooms on the first two floor&some EW rooms without OV but having kitchen facilities. (GRE modrl Test 3-question 1J-22) 3)Post man has a data of name surname door no.pet name of 4 families. But only one is correct for each family.There are a set of statements & questions. 4)4 couples have a party.Depending on the set of statements,find who insulted whom and who is the host of the party. 5)5 women given some of their heights(tall,medium,short)Hair( long, plainted),stards(Black or Brown), sari,2 medium,2-short.Tall->no
sari.Plainted->medium.Answer the combinations.
1) A person has to go both Northwards&Southwards in search of a job. He decides to go by the first train he encounters.There are trains for
every 15 min both southwards and northwards.First train towards south is at 6:00 A.M. and that towards North is at 6:10 .If the person arrives
at any random time,what is the probability that he gets into a traintowards North.
2) A person has his own coach&whenever he goes to railway station he takes his coach.One day he was supposed to reach the railway station
at 5 O’clock.But he finished his work early and reached at 3 O’clock. Then he rung up his residence and asked to send the coach immediately.
He came to know that the coach has left just now to tje railway station. He thought that the coach has left just now to the railway station.He
thought that he should not waste his time and started moving towards his residence at the speed of 3mi/hr.On the way,he gets the coach and
reaches home at 6 o’clock.How far is his residence from railway station.
3)Radha,Geeta&Revathi went for a picnic.After a few days they forgot the date,day and month on which they went to picnic.Radha said that it was
onThursday,May 8 and Geeta said that it was Thursday May 10.Revathi said Friday Jun 8.Now one of them told all things wrongly,others one
thing wrong and the last two things wrongly.If April 1st is tuesday what is the right day,date and month?