Company: Infosys Technologies Ltd
INFOSYS PAPER ON 29th JULY 2006 AT MYSORE
the first round was of logical reasoning or u can say the puzzle test.here are the questions
1. there is a number which is slightly lesser than 500, which when divided by 3,4,5,7 leaves no remainder (3 marks)
solution:- the answer would be the lcm of 3,4,5,7 that is 420.
so the answer is 420
2..In a party, there one man dances exactly with 3 ladies & 1 woman dances exactly with 3 men . there are exactly two pairs are common with every men. how many people are there in party? (3 marks)
3. this puzzle was pretty easy and i feel each one of u can solve it. it goes something like john is older than dave but younger than edward and goes on ( sorry folks don remember the exact Qn but its pretty easy) there were 11 names and the Qn was to find the youngest of them.
ans edward is the youngest
4. One day Harry and I set our watches together. None of us was aware that my watch was getting faster by 2 min per hour and Harry’s watch was getting slower by 1 min per hour. After sometime, we discovered that my watch was 1 hr ahead of Harry’s watch. Can you find out after how long we noticed this ? (3 Marks)
Ans: the differnce between the time would be 2min + 1min= 3min
so there is a diff of 3min for every 1 hour
therefore diff of 60 min would be 60*1hour/3min
there fore the answer is 20 hours
5. there is well of depth 30m and frog is at bottom of the well. he jumps 3m in one day and falls back 2m in the same day. how many days will it take for the frog to come out of the well?????
answer is : 28 days. (this is a very easy one)
6. this question was quite long one. please solve verbal and non verbal reasoning by rs aggarwal. this also has 4 sub questions . please solve the chapter called puzzle test in the above mentioned book. its from that book.
7. there were 5 athletes namely A,B,C,D,E who Are travelling in the plane after the olympics.
now there are 5 conditions given.( sory i don’ remember).THE QUESTION WAS TO FIND WHO WON WHICH PLACE. but yes the anser is
answer is:: in this order
8. There is a peculiar island where a man always tells truth and a women never says two 2 consequtive truth or false statements that is if she says truth statement then she says false statement next and vice versa. a boy and girl also goes in the same way. one day i asked a child ” what r u a boy or a girl” howver the child replied in their language that i dint understand
but the parents knew my language and one parent replied that ” kibi is a boy” the other one said that “no kibi is a girl, kibi lied”(8 marks)
a: is kibi a boy or a girl
b: who ansered first mother or father?
Ans: a. kibi is a girl
b. mother answered first.
9. THIS IS A TOUGH ONE BUT I MANAGED TO GET THE ANSWER.
there are a number of cuffs and collar pieces which belong to freddy and charlie. there total is 30. freddy and charlie give all of tem to the laundry. freddy collects half the number of cuffs and one-third the number of collars and pays his share of 27 cents. 4cuffs costs 5collars.now tell how much did charlie pay for his share?
solution:: let the TOTAL number of the cuffs be X
let the TOTAL number of the COLLARS BE be 30-X
NOW FREDDY COLLECTS 1/2*X + 1/3*(30-X) = X/6 + 10
so charlie would collect 1/2*X + 2/3*(30-X) = -X/6 + 20
by inspection and trial and error we can see that X=12 ((( there is no other way)))
now putting X=12 in first equation we get 12 and puttin in eqn 2 we get 18
there fore freddy pays 27cents for 12 pieces
so charlie will pay ____ cents for his 18 pieces
THE ANSWER WILL BE 40.5 CENTS
10. Y X
Z Y I DON’ REMEMBER THE FULL QN, BUT THE QN WAS TO FIND VALUES
X Z OF X Y Z. THE ANSWER IS X=9
Y X X X Z Z=8