Company: Keane International India Pvt Ltd
1)x% of y is y% of __?
a)x b)y c)xy d)y/x
2)given 3(x-4)=3x-12,what is the value of x according to the equation.
a)0 b)12 c)-12 d)all the real numbers.
Ans)all the real num
3)given x & y are real numbers.f(x,y)=|x+y|,F(f(x,y))=-f(x,y) and G(f(x,y))=-F(x,y),then what is the value of f(f(G(f(1,0),f(F(f(1,2)),G(f(1,2))) ?
a)1 b)0 c)2 d) none of these
4)find the missing number in the series? 8,2,14,6,11,?,14,6,18,12
a)20 b)12 c)9 d)5
5)anish and ashish share the amount of 9600rs in the ratio 5:7 what is the share anish gets?
a)4000 b)5600 c)5800 d)none of these
6)a vendor is having 13 balloons he selects a balloon randomly,its yellow balloon,and sells it.what is the probability of getting an yellow balloon out of remaining balloons the next time. Out of 13 balloons 5 were yellow, 4 were red, 1 was green, n 2 blue.
a)12/5 b)13/5 c)12/4 d)12/5
7) I drove 60 km at a speed of 30kmph and another 60km at a speed of 50kmph.what is my average speed over 120km?
a) 37 2/3 b)37 ¼ c)37 ½ d)37 4/3
8)subhas is having a height of 6’6” & is the tallest person.jatin is 14 inches less than subhas, what is the height of jatin?
a)6’5 b)5’4” c)5’6” d)5’11”
9)what is the Nth term of the series 1,-3,5,-7,……
a)(1)*(2n+1) b)(-1)*(2n+1) c)(1)*(2n-1) d)(-1)*(2n-1) think ans is (-1)*(2n+1) but not sure.. check
10)if there are 2x consecutive numbers starting from 1 and that if ‘y’ even numbers are present then which is the last odd num
a)y-1 b)2y-1 c)2y d)none of these
11)mrs.jones & mrs.smith are selling apples, mrs.jones sells 2apples for 0.5euros and mrs.smith apples are bit smaller and she sells 3apples for 0.5euros.after some time when both have same num of apples mrs.smith got a call to leave and tells her neighbour to look after the apples. for reducing the complication mrs.jones combines all and sells 5apples for 1euro.at the end of the day when she finished they share the money and mrs.jones gets shortage of 3.5euros.if they divide the money equally, what is total loss of mrs.jones?
a)12.5 b)10.5 c)8.5 d)4.5
12) a rectangular pool of size 20mtrs and 10mtrs.what should be the width of the concrete wall around the pool such that the walking area is 16sqmtrs.ignore the size of concrete thickness used.bricks are of size 3*3*3
a)2 b)4 c) 6 d)8
13)for a mile ben runs, fen runs 2 miles, for every 4miles fen runs harry runs 5miles,if ben runs 5miles then how much harry runs?
a)12.5 b)8 c) 6.5 d)2
1)EARTH IS ___?
a) adverb b) verb c) pronoun d) noun
2)what is the meaning of absent minded ?
a) intelligent b) un-interested c) d) none of these
3)how would you like your eggs ___?
a) ready b) done c) set d) made
4)business relies on ____ of its communication
a) efficiency b) width c) depth d) none of these
5)the woman ___ witnessed the crime will be testified tomorrow
a) which b) that c) the d) what
6) arrange in the order
A) before he reached
B) manoj walked
C) the hermits home
D) a mile
a) BDAC b) ACBD C) ADBC d) BCAD
7) not only in the major cities, now the bad habits have spread towards ____ parts of the world
a) quiter b) calm c) remote d) quitest
1) given word MALAYALAM if 1st n 2nd ,3rd n 4th,4th n5th,5th n 6th,and soon are interchanged the what is the 6th latter from right
a) m b) y c) a d) L
2) if ‘LONDON’ is written as ‘NMPBQL’ then what is ‘SYDNEY’ written as?
a) b)UWFLGW c) d)
3)a couple has 4 sons and their wives, each son has 4 married sons and 2 daughters each. how many members r there in family
a)30 b)50 c)45 d)36
4) 6people are sitting around a round table,jenny is 2places right to benny, who is exactly opposite of Kenny, who is immediate left of lenny, who is exactly opposite of genny. renny was also at the table. what is the angle subtended at the end of renny and Kenny?
a)60 b)120 c)90 d)180
ans) I think its 90
5) from above data find who is opposite to renny?
a) jenny b) benny c) Kenny d) genny
6)a man passes 3 gates with a watchman in each gate to pluck fruits. while coming back he gave half of the fruits to first watchman and inturn he returned one back and repeated the same procedure with other watch man.he was left with same number of fruits which he had plucked at last. How many fruits did he pluck initially?
a)2 b)6 c)4 d)9
7) &8) some cricket question I cant remember that question
ans) is B and H for 7 n 8 respectively…
Aptitude: This section was easy, but you should focus on accuracy because it has the maximum weightage.
For this section you better go through RS Agarwal (QA) especially chapters like time & work, time and distance, ratio proportion, ages, allegation & mixture, average, SI,CI, Train problems..
Question mainly came from following sections..
1) 3 cat can kill 3 rats in 3 minutes then how much time 50 cats will take to kill 100 rats?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
2) Three types of animals, cockroach, mice and crow are there in a room. There are totally 50 heads and 150 tails in the room. No of cockroach is twice than the no mice. What are the no mice in the room?
a) 5 b) 10 c) 15 d) none of these
Hint: no of leg of cockroach is 6, mice 4 and crow 2.
3) From a chess board three blocks are chosen at random. What is the probability that the three blocks are from same diagonal? (Sorry I can’t remember options)
4) There are two bottles of alcohols, one is having 40% alcohol and other is having 19% alcohol. Some part from first bottle is replaced from 2nd bottle. Resultant mixture in first bottle is having 26% of alcohol. How much part from 1st bottle was replaced?
a) 1/5th b) ¼th c) 1/3rd d) none
5) A and B can do a piece of work in 15 and 20 days respectively. They worked together for 6 days then B is replaced by C. The work was finished in next 4 days. In how many days C alone can do the work.
6) Some problem related to train in which two different trains are starting from two different stations but not at same time. At what time they will meet in between?
7) Average tempt between Monday -Wednesday is 37 and average tempt between Tuesday-Thursday is 34. Monday’s tempt 4/5th of Thursday’s tempt. What is the tempt on Thursday.
8) Inside a square a circle is inscribed. What is the ratio of areas of circle to that of square?
9) One problem was related to age (it was easy only)
English: This section was very easy, with average knowledge of English u can clear this section. Generally general use of articles, prepotions. Some general uses of English
Reasoning: This section was really very tough. Questions were very lengthy; pattern was similar to TCS reasoning. U have to concentrate hard on this section.
Few questions were,
12 people blood-relation was given, they asked no of male in that..
One question of sitting arrangement on round table of three different couples, they asked some body’s husband.
One question related to van diagram,
Some question related to DI.
Try to prepare R.S.Agarwal that is safficient
The questions are in the following order
Please dont neglect this questions if your aim to get a job in Keane
1) 3 Cat can kill 3 Rats in 3 minutes then how much time 50 Cats will take to kill 100 Rats?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 6
2)) From a chess board three blocks are chosen at random. What is the probability that the three blocks are from same diagonal?
3)Three types of animals, cockroach, mice and crow are there in a room. There are totally 50 heads and 150 tails in the room. No of cockroach is twice than the no mice. What are the no mice in the room?
a) 5 b) 10 c) 15 d) none of these
be aware that no of legs of cockroach is 6, mice 4 and crow 2.
4)A and B can do a piece of work in 15 and 20 days respectively. They worked together for 6 days then B is replaced by C.The work was finished in next 4 days . In how many days C alone can do the work.
Ans:c alone can do it in 120 days
5)Average tempt between Monday –Wednesday is 37 and average tempt between Tuesday-Thursday is 34. Monday’s tempt 4/5th of Thursday’s tempt. What is the tempt on Thursday.55
Ans :by solving the above one we get thurday=5*monday/4
by checking you get the answer.
6)Inside a square a circle is inscribed. What is the ratio of areas of circle to that of square?
Ans: let side of the square be x
so radius of the circle is x/2
area of circle to sruare
7)two rockets(X,Y) starts simultaneously. X launched from place of Y and Y launched from place of X. fixed dist b/w X n Y. if X landed in Y’s place in 1 sec and for Y it is 9 sec then X is how much faster than Y.
Ans: x is 9 times faster than the y
8)7 horses eat 7 carrots in 7 days,then 14 horses eat 14 carrots in how many days??
Ans:7(please prepare chain rule in r.s agarwal)
9)If two person start from same place and same time and walk in opposite directions 3miles and both turn towards their left and walk 4 miles .
What is the distance between them.
10)A cube of 3*3*3 id divided in to 1*1*1* and is coloured in green two opposite sides and red in adjacent sides and blue in other side.
How many number of cubes are uncoloured
11)A number divided by a divisor gives the reminder 24.if twice of that number divided by the same divisor it gives reminder 11.
What is the divisor.
IN THIS SECTION THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 10 QUESTIONS
1) Sharmi is always late she never come___ time
a) at b) with in c) on d) before
2)It is very nice .. before i came here i didnt see it _________
a) any where b) anyone c) every one 4) every where
Ans: any where
3)She is very angry _____
A) isn`t she b) aren`t they c) didn`t she
Ans: is n,t she?
4)You should come to the college_______
Ans: Should n,t you?
5)One adjective question
Ans: for that one is handsome
6)She is with me for a long time . she is my friend ____ 1999
a) since b) still c) until D) on
like that another four questions are there but I dont remmeber they very easy don,t panic about this section
I don,t say this section is very very tough some what tough try to solve the R.S Agarwal reasoning book.
1) Blood relation question
2)Seating arrange ment
3)How many prime no.s are there in 5 successive no.s of avg 7.