L&T Infotech Placement Paper
Company: L&T Infotech
WRITTEN TEST :
Total 90 questions , 90 minutes Offline (paper & pen) test. SECTIONAL CUTOFF IS THERE
1. Aptitude (30 quest)
2. Reasoning (30 quest)
3. English (30 quest)
1. Aptitude (30 quest)
1. If he sells 40 mangoes, he will get the selling price of 4 mangoes extra, What is his % increase in profit ?
2. Two pipes can fill a tank in 10 and 12 hours respectively while third pipe will make the tank empty in 20
hours. If all three pipes operate simultaneously, in how many hours the tank will be filled ?
Ans:7hours 30 minutes.
3. Cost of an item is x. It’s value increases by p% and decreases by p% Now the new value is 1rupee,
what is the actual value ?
4. 6*12*15 is the volume of some material. How many cubes of edge 3 can be inserted into it ?
5. 100 glasses are there. A servant has to supply glasses to a person If he supplies the glasses without any damage he will get 3 paise otherwise he will loose 3 paise. At the end of supplying 100 glasses if
he gets 270 paise, how many glasses were supplied safely.
6. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls ?
A. y/(x + y)
C. x/(x + y)
7. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can
of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
8. If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y, what is the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
9. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee, putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.
If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade, how much
will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
10. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination. Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems.
It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.
How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
11. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either. How many of
these studied both Latin and Greek
12. In June a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a phenomenal
winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a
row to attain this average?
13. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to
contribute towards the purchase of the gift ?
14. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr. Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr. Black would
take 8 days and Mr. Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr. Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to
work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr. Blue to complete the contract?
15. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station traveling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After traveling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes
the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
16. A fold density is 19 times greater than the water and for copper it is 9 times. At what ratio you can mix gold
and copper to get 15 times denser than water. ?
Ans:3 : 2
17. There is a room with 6′ x 8′. A 1′ tile is fixed along the 4 walls in one row. How many 1″ tiles require to
finish the work. ?
18. 2 persons can finish a job in 8 days. First person alone can finish the work in 24 days. How many days
does the second person take to finish the job?
Ans: 12 days
19. In a class total 34 students, 16 are have a brother, 15 are have sisters, 9 students don’t have either brothers or sisters. Find the number of students having both brother and sisters.
21. In a car wheel, two spokes cover 15 degree. Then for the entire car, how many spokes are there?
20. What is the angle of degree suspended when two hands of clock showing the time 2:30?
Ans: 105 degrees
21. The age difference between two brothers is 3 years. After 6 years the ratio between the age is 9:8. What are their ages?
Ans: 21 and 18
22. A person’s salary is getting reduced by 20%. What percentage should be added to get back his original salary?
23. Two persons start at the same point, walk in opposite directions with 5 km/hr and 5.5 km/hr respectively.
What is the distance separated after 2 and half hrs?
Ans: 26.25 (approx)
24. A person starts walking at a speed of 5 km/hr through half the distance, rest of the distance he covers with
a speed 4km/hr. Total time of travel is 9 hours. What is the maximum distance he can cover?
25. Initially two cups of same volume are present with milk filled upto 3/5th and 4/5th of their volumes.
Water is then filled. Then two mixtures are mixed. Find the ratio of water to milk in the mixture.
Ans: 3 : 7
26. 16 grams of radioactive material decays into 8 grams in 10 years. How long will it take to decay to 1 gram?
Ans: 70 yrs
27. In a rectangle the length is increased by of the original length. By what proportion should the width be reduced
so that the area will be the same?
28. If a square is formed by the diagonal of the square as an edge, what is the ratio between the area?
29. The perimeter of a rhombus is 52 units. One of its diagonal is 24 units. What is its second diagonals length?
30. A batsman scored 18 runs in his 18th innings and that makes his average 18. Find his average up to the 17th
2. Reasoning (30 quest)
1. One of the following is my secret word: AIM DUE MOD OAT TIE. With the list in front of you, if I were
to tell you any one of my secret word, then you would be able to tell me the number of vowels in my secret word.
Which is my secret word?
2. One of Mr. Horton, his wife, their son, and Mr. Horton’s mother is a doctor and another is a lawyer.
a) If the doctor is younger than the lawyer, then the doctor and the lawyer are not blood relatives.
b) If the doctor is a woman, then the doctor and the lawyer are blood relatives.
c) If the lawyer is a man, then the doctor is a man. Whose occupation you know?
Ans:Mr. Horton: he is the doctor.
3. Three piles of chips–pile I consists one chip, pile II consists of chips, and pile III consists of three
chips are to be used in game played by Anita and Brinda. The game requires:
a) That each player in turn take only one chip or all chips from just one pile.
b) That the player who has to take the last chip loses.
c) That Anita now have her turn. From which pile should Anita draw in order to win?
Ans: Pile II
4. Mr. and Mrs. Aye and Mr. and Mrs. Bee competed in a chess tournament. Of the three games played:
a) In only the first game were the two players married to each other.
b) The men won two games and the women won one game.
c) The Ayes won more games than the Bees.
d) Anyone who lost game did not play the subsequent game. Who did not lose a game?
5. If A to Z is written in the reverse order which is the 5th letter to the right of the 11th letter from the left ?
Directions 6-10 The office staff of XYZ corporation presently consists of three bookkeepers A, B, C and 5 secretaries D, E, F, G, H. The management is planning to open a new office in another city using 2 bookkeepers and 3 secretaries of the present staff . To do so they plan to separate certain individuals who don’t function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office
I. Bookkeepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent together to the new office as a team
II. C and E function well alone but not as a team , they should be separated
III. D and G have not been on speaking terms and shouldn’t go together
IV Since D and F have been competing for promotion they shouldn’t be a team
6. If A is to be moved as one of the bookkeepers, which of the following cannot be a possible working unit.
7. If C and F are moved to the new office, how many combinations are possible
8. If C is sent to the new office, which member of the staff cannot go with C
9. Under the guidelines developed, which of the following must go to the new office
10. If D goes to the new office, which of the following is/are true
I. C cannot go
II. A cannot go
III. H must also go
A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II only
D. I and III only
11. If Leader is coded as Actor, Actor as an Administrator, Administrator as a Traitor, Traitor as a Social-reformer,
then who takes part in the Parliamentary elections?
(E) None of these
12. If ‘245′ means—’Art and Talent’ in a certain code language, ‘316′ means— ‘Callous to Generous’, ‘147′ means—
‘Callous and Polite’ then what is the code used for ‘to’ ?
(A) Only 3
(B) Only 1
(C) 3 or 6
(D) Only 6
(E) None of these
13. In a certain code language ‘579′ means—’Kanchan is soft-spoken’, ‘694′ means—‘Soft-spoken beautiful pure’,
‘473′ means—‘Ganga is pure’, then what is the code used for ‘Kanchan’ ?
(D) Can not be determined
(E) None of these
Ans : (B)
14. Which of the following relates to FLOWER in the same way as RTERBN relates to SECTOR?
15. air is cloud, cloud is rain, rain is water, water is sand so what is cloud?
Directions ( questions 16 to 20 ): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :
(1)A, B, C, D and E are five friends.
(2)B is elder to E, but not as tall as C.
(3)C is younger to A, and is taller to D and E.
(4)A is taller to D, But younger to E.
(5)D is elder to A but is shorter in the group.
16. Who among the following is the eldest?
A). A B). B C). C D). D E). None of these
17. Which of the following pairs of students is elder to D?
A) BA B). BC C). BE D) EA E) None of these
18. Which of the following statements is correct about B?
1) B is not the tallest
2) B is shorter to E
(3)When they are asked to stand in ascending order with respect to their heights, B is in the middle
A) Only (1) is correct B) Only (1) and (3) are correct C) All are correct
D) All are incorrect E) None of these
19. If F, another friend is taller than C, how many of them will be between F and E according to their height?
A) None B) One C) Two D) Three E) None of these
20. If a selection is to be made among them who would be relatively older and also taller, who among them
should be chosen?
A) A B) B C) C D) D E) E
Directions (questions 21 to 25): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements marked I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
(A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(B) If the data in statements I alone are not sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(C) If the data either in statement I or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(D) If the data even in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(E) If the data in both statements I and II together are needed to answer the question.
21. What does ‘Ne’ stands for in the code language?
I. ‘Na Ni Nok Ne’ means ‘I will tell you’ and ‘Ni Nok Ne Nam’ means ‘he will tell you’ in that code language.
II. ‘Ni Ne Mo Nam’ means ‘will he call you’ and ‘Ne Mok Sac Ni’ means ‘how will you go’ in that code language.
22. Who amongst P, Q, R, S, T and U is the tallest?
I. P is taller that R and T but not as tall as U, who is taller than Q and S.
II. R is the third in height in the ascending order and not as tall as U, P and Q, Q being taller than P but not the
23. Who among A, B, C, D, E & F read the book last?
I. F, who gave the book to B after reading, was third to read the same.
II. C, who read the book after A, was the third person to read the book before it reached E.
24. Who is paternal uncle of Pavan?
I. Pavan is brother of Poornima, who is daughter of Meena, who is sister of Kumar, who is brother Smrithi.
II. Prithvi is brother of Indrajith, who is husband of Poornima, who is mother of Ganga, who is sister of Pavan.
25. What is Milan’s rank in the class of 44 students?
I. Ramesh, whose rank is 17th in the class, is ahead of Shyam by 6 ranks, Shyam being 7 ranks ahead of Milan.
II. Suketu is 26 ranks ahead of Milan and Shyamala is 6 ranks behind Milan while Savita stands exactly in the
middle of Shyamala and Suketu in ranks, her rankbeing 17.
Directions 26-27: Each question consists of five statements followed by options consisting of three
statements put together in a specific order. Choose the option which indicates a
valid argument, i.e. where the third statement is a conclusion drawn from the
preceding two statements.
26. A. All software companies employ knowledge workers.
B. Tara Tech employs knowledge workers.
C. Tara Tech is a software company.
D. Some software companies employ knowledge workers.
E. Tara Tech employs only knowledge workers.
A) ABC B) ACB C) CDB D) ACE
27. A. Traffic congestion increases carbon monoxide in the environment.
B. Increase in carbon monoxide is hazardous to health.
C. Traffic congestion is hazardous to health.
D. Some traffic congestion does not cause increased carbon monoxide.
E. Some traffic congestion is not hazardous to health.
A. CBA B. BDE C. CDE D. BAC
28. All scientists are fools. All fools are literates.
A. All literates are scientists
B. All scientists are literates
C. No scientists are literates
D. Both (a) and (b) are correct
29. All shares are debentures. No debentures are deposits.
A. All shares are deposits
B. Some shares are deposits
C. No shares are deposits
D. None of the above
30. Some green are blue. No blue are white.
A. No green are white
B. Some green are white
C. No green are white
D. None of the above
3. English (30 quest)
To those who do listen, the desert speaks of things with an emphasis quite different from that of the shore, the mountain, the valley or the plains, whereas these invite action and suggest limitless opportunity and exhaust less resources, the implications and the mood of the desert are something different. For one thing , the desert is conservative not radical. It is more likely to provide awe than to invite conquest. The heroism which it encourages is the heroism of endurance, not that of conquest. It brings man up against this limitation, turns him upon himself and suggests values which more indulgent regions suppress. Sometimes it includes contemplation in men who have never contemplated before : And of all the answers to the question- what is a desert good for – ‘contemplation’ is perhaps the best.
1. In order to receive the desert’s message, the beholder needs to be
a) courageous in his reaction.
b) conservative in his responses.
c) A good listener.
d) Sensitive to nature.
2. The desert is unique among landscapes in that it encourages only
c) Heroic Endeavor
d) Adventurous Spirit
3. If one responds with insight to the mood of the desert, it evokes
a) An inclination for deep thought
b) The possibility of unending resources
c) The desire for Heroic conquest
d) A sense of intense revulsion
4. The writer calls the desert “conservative rather than radical” because it provides an environment that
a) Inspires man to explore it
b) Offers unlimited opportunity to conquer
c) Tests ones Endurance
d) makes one gloomy
5. What does the phrase ”it brings man up against his limitations”, mean?
a) It makes man feel hopeless about his limitations
b) It makes man aware of his limitations
c) It compels man to fight against his limitations
d) It persuades man to overcome his limitations
Directions 6-10: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of : : and one word is given on another side of : :while another word is to be found from the given alternatives, having the same relation with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
6. Errata : Books : : flaws:?
(A) Manuscripts (B) Metals (C) Speech (D) Charter
7. Planet : Orbit : : Projectile : ?
(A) Trajectory (B) Track (C) Milky way (D) Path
8. Appraiser : Building : : Critic : ?
(A) Book (B) Masterpiece (C) Judge (D) Gold
9. King : Throne : : Rider : ?
(A) Seat (B) Horse (C) Saddle (D) Chair
10. Reluctant : Keen : : Remarkable : ?
(A) Usual (B) Restrained (C) Striking (D) Evolution
Directions 11-15: In each of the following questions, out of the given alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
A. Lament B. Soothe C. Denounce D. Loathe
A. Scold B. attach C. Wear off D. Twist
A. Darken B. Abolish C. Differentiate D. Confuse
A. Communicate B. Paint C. Express D. Draw
A. Strange B. Endless C. Indefinite D. Vague
Directions 16-17: Read each sentence to find if there is any grammatical error in it. If there is any error, it will be only one part of the sentence. The number or alphabet of that part is your answer.
16. I shall / ring him / tomorrow / in the afternoon.
A B C D
17. I enjoyed / during my / stay in / England.
A B C D
18. I believe / that respect / is more preferable than / money.
A B C D
19. I never have / visited / or intend to visit / foreign countries /
A B C D
20. In this way nuclear fission / or the splitting / of the atom / have been achieved /
A B C D
Directions 21 to 25: Pick out from the words, given below each sentence, the word which would complete the sentence correctly and meaningfully.
21. Rajeev failed in the examination because none of her answers were ____ to the questions asked
22. There are ______ views on the issue of giving bonus to the employees
23. Man who has committed such an ____ crime must get the most severe punishment.
24. He has_____ people visiting him at his house because he fars it will cause discomfort to neighbors
b) requested c) stopped d) warned e) forbidden
25. Although he never learnt to read, his exceptional memory and enquiring mind eventually made him a very____ man.
Directions for Questions 26-30: In each of the following questions, a paragraph or a sentence has been broken up into different parts. The parts have been scrambled and numbered as given below. Choose the correct order of these parts from the given alternatives.
26. 1) To get home early
2) I phoned my mother
3) That I wouldn’t able
4) to tell her
5) as I had promised
6)When I reached my office
A. 6, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5
B. 6, 2, 4, 3, 1, 5
C. 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 6
D. 6, 2, 1, 3, 4, 5
27. 1) From the corporate sector
2) The department has initiated steps
3) the development of wastelands
4) to evolve appropriate schemes
5) and financial institutions for
6) for mobilizing investments
A. 1, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6,
B. 2, 3, 6, 1, 5,4
C. 2, 4, 6, 1, 5, 3
D. 2, 4, 6, 1, 3, 5
28. 1) paintings
2) have been
3) totally ruined by rain
5) which were submitted
6) for the exhibition
A. 1, 5, 4, 2, 3,6
B. 1, 4, 6, 2, 3,5
C. 1, 5, 2, 6, 3,4
D. 1, 5, 6, 2, 3,4
29. 1) and also bills
2) to the office superintendent.
3) for the work done by him
4) the field worker
5) at the end of the assignment
6) submitted his papers
A. 5, 4, 6, 1, 3, 2
B. 5, 4, 6, 1, 2, 3
C. 5, 4, 1, 6, 3, 2
D. 5, 6, 4, 1, 3, 2
30. 1) Those who 2) expect others 3) cannot treat 4) should not 5) others well 6)to treat them well
A) 1, 3, 5, 6, 2, 4
B) 1, 5, 3, 4, 2, 6
C) 1, 3, 5, 4, 2, 6
D) 1, 3, 5, 4, 6, 2
L&T Infotech Placement Paper
About L&T Infotech
Founded in 1997 as a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited, our unique heritage gives us unrivalled real-world expertise to solve the most complex challenges of enterprises across all industries.visit offical website of L&T Infotech for more details.