Company: Mahindra Satyam BPO
Mahindra Satyam Placement papers
1. There were 6 persons a,b,d,e,k,p standing in a row. b is between d and p. e sits between a and k. k does not sit after d and a does not sit after p and d. Who were on the extreme ends of the row.
2. 24, 48, 30, 60, 36, ? , 42, 84.
3. 35, 25, 49, 35, 63, 45, ? , 55
4. A tin contains alcohol and water in the ratio 7:9. first 20% of the alcohol was removed and the tin is filled with water. again another 10% of alcohol was removed and the tin is filled with water. now how much more alcohol must me removed so that the resultant mixture is the ratio of 5:3
5. When n is divided by 2 it gives quotient of u and remainder 1. when the same number n is divided by 5 it gives quotient v and remainder 3. so which of the following is correct:
a) 3n+4=3(equations with u,v and n)
something like this 3 more options are given. we have to find the correct realtion between.
6. If jan 5th 2006 is Wednesday. What day does july 4th 1807.
8. A bag contains one rupee, 50 paise and 25 paise coins in the ratio 2.5 : 3: 4., amounting to Rs. 210. find the number of coins of one rupee.
9. Multiples of 6 or 8 between 1 to 99. what is the probability that a number selected was a multiple.
11. A goat is tied to a rectagle with 12 * 8 mts long. and a goat is tied with a rope of length 10mts to one corner of the rectange. the goat cannot enter into rectangle. find out the area the goat can graze outside the rectangle
12. The average 10 members is 15665. If 2 members have 20000. then what is the average of remaining?
13. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
14. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
15. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a row to attain this average?