Company: Mahindra Satyam BPO
1. Fathers age 3years back is twice the son?s age.the sum of father?s and son?s age after 10
years from now is 66.what is father?s age?
2. 1 3 3 6 5 9 7 12__ __ __
3. 3 8 27 112 __ ___
4. There r 6 people named madhavi, pramod, praveen, asha, gopal, nisha . They are seated
around the table.
1.madhavi and pramod always are left to a women.
2.asha and gopal are always opposite to a man.
3.something condition didn?t remember.(some reasoning type).
5. If a man had traveled 3km/hr faster he would have reached 40 min earlier, If he would
have traveled 2 km/hr slower he would have reached 40 min late. What is distance he had
6. Jhon works for 60 days. for the day he is present he is paid 7.00/- and for the day he is
absent he is paid 3.00/- per day. if he is paid 170/-.how many days he is present.
7. There are 4 gold chain. 1 has 5links, other has 4 links and the other 2 have 3 links.
goldsmith takes 50 paise to open the link and 1.00/- to attach the link. what is least cost to
bake whole bracelet.
8. A cyclist moves half the speed of tonga driver and tonga driver moves half the speed of
man walking .If man walks at 3kms per hour what is the time that cyclist covers 27kms.
9. There are 600 pages. there is 1 error on average per page. what is the probability that
there are n errors per page.
10. A square is of side 1 km. A man travels first 2 sides with the 30 mph and third side with
60 kmph. what is the speed that man has to travel the fourth side if the avg speed is
11. A Student got 78 marks in avg of 4 subjects. the avg of 5 subjects is 80. what is the
marks he got in 5th subject.
12.How many kg of salt at 42 paise per kg must a man mix with 25kg of salt at 24 paise per
kg so that he may, on selling the mixture at 40 paise per kg gain 25% on the outlay?
A)15 kg B)20 kg C)25 kg D)28 kg E)none of these
13.Find the least number which when divided by 20,25,30,36 and 48 leaves the remainders
A)3685 B)3585 C)3595 D)3535 E)None of these
14.Study the following table and answer the questions given below it.
Country 1975 2030
United States 141 382
Japan 120 238
France 67 164
China 63 117
Italy 18 61
Germany 21 58
UK 15 47
Canada 5 17
Switzerland 1.5 3
15. For china assuming a linear growth in LMVs population, extrapolate nearly, the year
beyond 2030 when the growth in population will be 108%.
A)2044 B)2032 C)2050 D)2038 E)None of these
16. A sheet of metal in the form of a sector of a circle of angle 90 degrees and radius 16cm
is folded to form an open conical cup. The capacity of the cup is
C) 64 sqrt(5)TT
E)None of these
17. A man distributes 0.375 of his money to his wife and 0.4 to his son. He has still Rs.3,375
left with him. How much did his wife get?
A)4565 B)5625 C)4265 D)5265 E)None of these
18. Three faces of a fair die are Yellow, two faces red and one blue.The die is tossed three
times. The probability that the colours, yellow, red and blue appear in the first, second and
third tosses respectively is
A)1/36 B)1/18 C)1/32 D)1/37 E)None of these
19. At the foot of a mountain the elevation of its summit is 45 degrees. After ascending one
KM towards the mountain upon an incline of 30 degrees, the elevation changes to 60
degrees. Find the Height of the mountain?
E)None of these
20. The average of a couple was 23Yrs when they were married 5Yrs ago.The avg age of
the couple and a child, who was born during the interval, is 20Yrs now. How old is the
child now ?
E)None of these