Company: syntel Services Pvt. Ltd
2011 Syntel Placement Paper:-
1. A person starts with the speed of u/1 kmph and returns with the speed of u/2 kmph, what is his average speed.
2. A cistern will be filled in 9 hrs, but becoz of an outlet it is filled in 10 hrs, if the cistern is filled, then how much time the outlet takes to empty the cistern.
3. In a right angled triangle ABC angle B = 90 , BM is the median to AC , then AB2 + BC2 (in terms of BM)
4. Three circles with same radius r are drawn with centres as three vertices of a triangle. What is the sum of areas of the intersections of these circles with the triangle.
5. X men work for X days to produce X products, then Y men can produce Y products in —- days.
6. The compound interest for first and second years is 200 and 220 on a certain amount. Find the sum.
7. Marked price of a commodity is 35% above the cost price. If he gives a discount of 15%, how much he gains on the deal.
8. 5 mangoes + 4 oranges = 7 mangoes + 1 orange. Find the ratio of mango to orange.
9. Food is sufficient for 100men for 60days. For how many days the food is sufficient for 500men?
10. If 8men 8hrs per day works for 8days get 45/- then how many men required if the work is 5hrs per day for10days they get 60/-?
11. A person sold an item at a profit of 12% .If he sold it at a loss of 12% then he would get Rs.6/- less. What is the cost price?
12. (1 ½ /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5))) * ((2 ¾/((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))) (Numbers different)
13. Avg age of X number of adults in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg age of 32 joined with them then the avg age increases by one. Find X?
14. A sphere of radius 2cms is dropped into a cylinder of radius 4 cms containing water upto certain level. The raise in the water level is (not sure)
15. find the average of reciprocals of x and y :
16. In a school there are 1000 students in the year 1999. The number of students increased by 20% in the year 2000. And it is increased by 15% in the year 2001. But it is decreased by 18% in 2002. Then what is the strength in 2002.(numbers may diff
17. Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the same in 40 mins.If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank
(a) 17 1/7 mins
(b) 20 mins
(c) 8 mins
(d) none of these
18. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day.How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
(a) 8 hrs
(b) 7 1/2 hrs
(c) 7 hrs
(d) 9 hrs
19. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728
(d) none of these
20. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long.Find the area it can graze?
(a) 38.5 sq.m
(b) 155 sq.m
(c) 144 sq.m
(d) 19.25 sq.m
Syntel is a company devoted to exceeding the expectations of its customers, day in and day out. Syntel is dedicated to its mission to create new opportunities for our customers by harnessing the passion, talent, and innovation of Syntellers worldwide. Worldwide, Syntellers are committed to living its brand: Consider IT Done.
Syntel is partnered with the leading software vendors, helping our clients implement and integrate the best packaged solutions to deliver business results.
Why Syntel- Why should i join Syntel?:-
For our valued employees, Syntel is a global company that offers a world of opportunity. Whether a consultant wants to build Java applications to power a new financial system, find cost-effective was to drive healthcare technology adoption, or drive business process optimization, Syntel provides a full IT and KPO lifecycle “playground.”
With ample training programs (both in-room and online), employees enjoy continual skill development across the IT, KPO and management spectrum. You can even become a certified PMP by the Project Management Institute (PMI). And, as a PMI Corporate Registered Education Provider, you earn Professional Development Units (PDU) for some courses.
Professionals at Syntel are part of the continuing growth and innovative technological expansion of a company well positioned for the future. Syntel’s partnerships with the market’s leading software vendors, offering you the opportunity to master cutting-edge technology solutions. Syntel’s partnerships include IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and more.