Company: syntel Services Pvt. Ltd
Syntel Placement Paper April 2011:-
1. Travelling at 3/4th the speed a man is 20 minutes later then speed is?
2. there are 6 keys and 6 locks. then number of combinations to be tried out to get the actual solution
3. choosing 2 people out of 10 in how many combinations can a particular person (some name) be always included….
4. from 6 white balls and 7 black balls probability that 2 balls drawn at random are of the same color?
5. a string of pearls such that 1/3 is lost and of that 1/4th is missing, remaining is 20 then actual number of pearls?
6. a man gets a gain of x%. but if he had sold at twice the cost price, what will be his gain?
7. a clock was 7minutes behind the actual time on 3 p.m. on Wednesday and 8 minutes ahead of actual time on (not sure) 4 p.m. Friday. when will it show the correct time?
8. boat moves upstream in 6 hrs and covers the same distance downstream in 5 hrs. then speed of a raft floating? accuracy of question not sure)
9. if x men working x hrs per day can do x units of work in x days, then y men working y hrs/day would be able to complete how many units of work i y days?
10. The length of the following rectangle is ‘4a’ and its breadth is ‘2a’. Radius of the two circles is ‘a’. Then find the ratio of total area of the rectangle to the area not covered by the two circles with in the rectangle
11. A person starts with the speed of u/1 kmph and returns with the speed of u/2 kmph, what is his average speed.
12. A cistern will be filled in 9 hrs, but becoz of an outlet it is filled in 10 hrs, if the cistern is filled, then how much time the outlet takes to empty the cistern.
13. In a right angled triangle ABC angle B = 90 , BM is the median to AC , then AB2 + BC2 (in terms of BM)
14. Three circles with same radius r are drawn with centres as three vertices of a triangle. What is the sum of areas of the intersections of these circles with the triangle.
15. X men work for X days to produce X products, then Y men can produce Y products in —- days.
16. The compound interest for first and second years is 200 and 220 on a certain amount. Find the sum.
17. Marked price of a commodity is 35% above the cost price. If he gives a discount of 15%, how much he gains on the deal.
18. 1 Rs, 50 ps , 25 ps coins are in the ratio ———, then the number of 50 ps coins if they sum to ——Rs. (similar question in R.S.Agarwal)
19. there was one more question on coins i.e. about getting a change of 10ps and 25 coins for ——Rs. (how many possible combinations or so possible)
20. x/y+y/x=40/21(don’t remember the exact value, believe this is the one) find x and y there were 2 questions on train and one was like:
21. (1 ½ /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5))) * ((2 ¾/((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))) (Numbers different)
22. Avg age of X number of adults in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg age of 32 joined with them then the avg age increases by one. Find X?
23. A sphere of radius 2cms is dropped into a cylinder of radius 4 cms containing water upto certain level. The raise in the water level is (not sure)
24. find the average of reciprocals of x and y :
25. a goods train starts and after 2 hrs a passenger train at 4km/hr starts and overtakes the goods train after 4 hrs, then the speed of goods train?