Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Placement Paper
Company: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam 2009 Question Papers
Click Here To Download TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam 2009 Solved Paper
TNPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam General Knowledge Sample Questions
54. Emerald Dam is located in
55. The Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution speaks about
A) functions of the Chief Minister
B) functions of Panchayati Raj
C) duties of District Collector
D) functions of the Parliament
56. Who received the Nobel prize for the work on genes that control the sense of smell?
A) Werner Arber and Daniel Nathans
B) Niels Jerne and Georges Kohler
C) Richard Axel and Linda Buck
D) Konrad Bloch and Feodor Lynen.
57. Opsonin was discovered by
A) Jules Bordet
B) christian Gram
C) Almroth Wright
D) Louis Pasteur
58. The recipient of Dada Saheb Phalke Award during 2005 was
A) Dev Anand
B) Mrinal Sen
C) Lata Mangeshkar
D) Shyam Benegal
59. Which is the best selling book sold over 10 million copies written by Dr.Kenneth Blanchard, the
A) You Can Win
B) Maximum Power
C) One Minute Manager
D) 10 Minute MBA
60. The Rajiv Gandhi Udyami Mitra Yojana was launched in
61. Heliocentric theory according to which sun is supposed to be fixed and the planets go around the sun
was proposed by
62. The growth rate of population in India as per 2001 census is
63. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given hills from the north to south?
A) Nallamalai, Nilgiris, Javadhi, Anaimalai
B) Anaimalai, Javadi, Nilgiris, Nallamalai
C) Nallamalai, Javadhi, Nilgiris, Anaimalai
D) Anaimalai, Nilgris, Javadhi, Nallamalai.
64. The Annamalai University at Annamalainagar was founded in
65. The focal length of two lenses in contact is given by
A) F = f1 -f2
B) F = f1 f2
C) F = f1 + f2
66. Which one of the following statements is correct?
A) Parliament has power to amend any part of the Constitution of India
B) Parliament has no power to amend Fundamental Rights in the Constitution of India
C) Parliament cannot amend the Directive Principles of State Policy
D) Parliament cannot amend the Federal Principles embodied in Constitution of India
67. Which of the following countries is not a member of ASEAN?
68. Position effect is the result of
69. Triple vaccine is administered to a newborn child to immunize it against
A) Whooping Cough, Tetanus and Measles
B) Whooping Cough, Tetanus and Diphtheria
C) tetanus, Diphtheria, Measles and Rubella
D) Tetanus, Diphtheria, Smallpox and Rubella
70. An example of addition co-polymer is
71. Natural gas is a mixture of aliphatic hydrocarbons. What is the main important gas available in that?
A) Oxygen (O2)
B) Nitrogen (N2)
C) Methane (CH4)
D) Carbon dioxide (CO2)
72. A moving coil galvanometer can be converted into an ammeter by connecting
A) a low resistance in parallel with a galvanometer
B) a high resistance in parallel with a galvanometer a
C) high resistance in series with a galvanometer
D) a low resistance in series with a galvanometer
73. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
A) Right to Equality – Fundamental Duty
B) Right to Information – Transparent and Responsible Government
C) To promote equal justice – Fundamental Right
D) To abide by the Constitution – Directive Principles of State Policy
74. Biodiesel is obtained from which plant?
75. The Directive Principles of State Policy is incorporated in the Article………… the Constitution of India.
76. Rubella virus causes
77. The policy RBI follows for control of inflation is
A) increase in Repo rate and CRR
B) decrease in Repo rate and increase in CRR
C) decrease in Repo rate and CRR
D) decrease in bank rate
78. Which one of the following statements is correct?
A) Finance Commission is constituted by the President every four years
B) Finance Commission has one Chairman and four other members
C) K.C. Pant was the Chairman of 11th Finance Commission
D) Finance Commission Report is submitted to the Planning Commission
79. Dantidurga established which kingdom?
A) Chalukyas of Badami
B) Chalukyas of Kalyani
C) Chalukyas of Vengi
D) Rashtrakuta Dynasty
80. 1/1.2 – 1/2.3 + 1/3.4 – 1/4.5 + … +
A) 2 log 2 -1
B) − 2 log 2 -1
C) 2 log 2 + 1
D) − 2 (log 2 +1)
81. Study of the interrelations between the individual plant and its environment is called
82. The ages of Ravi and Raja are in the ratio 5 : 12. After 6 years, the ratio of their ages will be 8 : 15.
What is the difference between their ages?
A) 14 years
B) 16 years
C) 12 years
D) 13 years
83. Construction of a dam for drinking water at Hogenekkal is main issue of contention between
A) Tamil Nadu and Kerala
B) Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
C) Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh
D) Karnataka and Kerala
84. Leprosy is caused by
A) Mycobacterium leprae
B) Mycobacterium tuberculosis
C) Corynebacterium diphtheria
D) Varicella zoster
85. Who was the first woman Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu?
A) Janaki Ramachandran
C) Mamata Banerjee
86. Choose the statement(s) connected with Marudhu Brothers.
I. Ruled Sivaganga area
II. Siruvayal & Kalayarkovil were their strongholds
III. Took refuge in Panchalam Kurichi
IV. They were executed by the British in 1801.
Of these statements:
A) I alone is correct
B) II alone is correct
C) I, II and IV are correct
D) I, III and IV are correct
87. The National Rural Employment Programme was implemented in Tamil Nadu in the year
88. The famous Ethnobotanist in India is
A) V. M. Meher-Homji
B) R. P. S. Katwal
C) S. K. Jain
D) S. S. Bhojwani
89. The reaction that takes place in a Daniel cell is
A) Cu + Hg → Cu.Hg
B) Zn° + Cu → Zn2 + Cu°
C) Cu2+ + 2Ag → Cu° + 2Ag+
D) 3Fe2 + Cr6+ → 3Fe3 + Cr3+
90. SONAR is mostly used by
91. Traditions affirm that a Buddhist Council assembled at ………….. In the year of Buddha’s death
92. What is the correct value of x = cos Ѳ satisfies x2 – 3x + 2 = 0?
93. Article 263 deals with provisions with respect to
A) Union Public Service Commission
B) Election Commission of India
C) Inter-State Council
D) Finance Commission.
94. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
A) Central Vigilance Commission – Kripalani Committee
B) Father of All India Services – Sardar Vallabhai Patel
C) Secretary General of Non-Aligned Movement – Dr.Rajendra Prasad
D) Union Public Service Commission – A.M.Khusru.
95. Agricultural holding tax was recommended by
A) John Mathai Committee
B) Bhoothalingam Committee
C) Wanchoo Committee
D) Raj Committee
96. Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) Scheme aimed at
A) Providing loan assistance
B) Providing houses at free of cost
C) Providing transport facilities
D) none of these
97. The LPG (Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation) model of development was introduced in 1991
by the Finance Minister
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Placement Paper
About Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state’s public service..visit offical website of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission for more details.