Company: Tata Infotech
The pattern is : Section 1 : Verbal Time : 08 min No. of Q’s – 32
Section 2 : letters Time : 10 min No. of Q’s – 24
Section 3 : Numerical Time : 06 min No. of Q’s – 32
Section 4 : Reasoning Time : 20 min No. of Q’s – 20
*Section 5 : graphical Time : 35 min No. of Q’s – 7
The no. of questions may vary. Time keeping is very important.
Every section has start time and stop time.Once the time is out we
cannot go through the previous section.
Section 1 : VERBAL SECTION
This section had Synonyms
A:guard B:watching C:roaming D:— E: —-
going thro’ GRE barrons will work.
Section 2 : letters
This had questions of type
1 : A D C G F ? which is the next in the series?
Ans : J
Before starting this section just write
A B C D—Z in the rough sheet when U R given time to read
Section 3 : Numerical
This section is a rapid fire round .
We have to work it in mind not with paper.
Simple mathematics with Addition,Multiplication,Division.
Section 4 : Reasoning
This section has questions from aptitude
Distance,Proportion Very simple time keeping is important.
Section 5 : graphical
cutoff : 30/35
This section has 7 flowcharts with 5 Q’s each.
We have to read the question and then observe the flowchart.
Careful observation with logical thinking is enough.
There r empty cells in flowchart numbered 1 Thro’ 5
We have to guess which out of 5 choices exactly fits the cell
|==========| |===| |============== |
|select first | ——>| 1 |- —>| IS >4000 & <5000 |------>|
|==========| |===| |============== |
In question there are ranges given
IS salary of emp 1 : <4000 - type A 2 : >4000 & <5000 - type B 3 : > 5000 – type C
So in cell 1 the choice is
a : Is >4000
b :Is =4000
c : Is <4000 Ans Tata Infotech Placement Papers - 24 Sept. Tata infotech test on 24 sep.The test was quite easy but really the time is not at all suficient.The pattern is as follows: There were totally 5 sections. 1)Verbal ability: There were abt 36 GRE words.Time alloted is 8 min. 2)Alphabet series: There were abt 24 qns.Time alloted is 8 min. 3)Quantz: There were abt 36 qns.Time alloted is 6min!!!.U have to be very very fast.U need not require any preparation.It was like: 0.9876*1.234 1.9876/35.9876 Only abt 3-4 qns were like RS agarwal type.So u better be fast in simplification. 4) Reasoning:Very easy.24 qns.20 min.I solved all in this part & was left with 2 more min.U need not have any preparation. 5) Flow charts: It was a bit different from usual flowcharts. There were totally 7 qns.Each problem had 5 cells indicated with nos 1,2,3,4,5.Also, objective of each problem was given.U need to fill the 5 cells in each qns with appropriate answers.So totally u have to attempt- 7qns*5cells in each=35 cells.time is 35 min.They told that there is a sectional cut-off & it is very high.They leaked the flow chart cutoff.U have to get 30 out of 35. Tata Infotech Placement Papers - 2003 VERBAL SECTION Directions: Give the synonyms for the following words 1. Depreciation: deflation, depression, devaluation, fall, slump 2. Deprecate : feel and express disapproval, 3. Incentive : thing one encourages one to do (stimulus) 4. Echelon : level of authority or responsibility 5. Innovation : make changes or introduce new things 6. Intermittent : externally stopping and then starting 7. Detrimental: harmful 8. Conciliation : make less angry or more friendly 9. Orthodox: conventional or traditional, superstitious 10. Fallible : liable to error 11. Volatile : ever changing 12. Manifest: clear and obvious 13. Connotation : suggest or implied meaning of expression 14. Reciprocal: reverse or opposite 15. Agrarian : related to agriculture 16. Vacillate : undecided or dilemma 17. Expedient : fitting proper, desirable 18. Simulate : produce artificially resembling an existing one. 19. Access : to approach 20. Compensation: salary 21. Truncate : shorten by cutting 22. Adherence : stick 23. Heterogeneous: non similar things 24. Surplus : excessive 25. Assess : determine the amount or value 26. Cognizance : knowledge 27. Retrospective : review 28. Naive : innocent, rustic 29. Equivocate : tallying on both sides, lie, mislead 30. Postulate : frame a theory 31. Latent : dormant, secret 32. Fluctuation : wavering, 33. Eliminate : to reduce 34. Affinity : strong liking 35. Expedite : hasten 36. Console : to show sympathy 37. Adversary : opposition 38. Affable : lovable or approachable 39. Decomposition : rotten 40. Agregious : apart from the crowd, especially bad 41. Conglomeration: group, collection 42. Aberration: deviation 43. Augury : prediction 44. Creditability : ability to common belief, quality of being credible 45. Coincident: incidentally 46. Constituent : accompanying 47. Differential : having or showing or making use of 48. Litigation : engaging in a law suit 49. Moratorium: legally or officially determined period of delay before fulfillment of the agreement of paying of debts. 50. Negotiate : discuss or bargain 51. Preparation : act of preparing 52. Preponderant : superiority of power or quality 53. Relevance : quality of being relevant 54. Apparatus : appliances 55. Ignorance : blindness, in experience 56. Obsession: complex enthusiasm 57. precipitate : speed, active SERIES SECTION Directions: In the following questions complete the series NOTE: This section is quite tough and consists of 26 questions to be done in 10 minutes. Please keep track of time. 1. A C B D E F G I - I H K J L Ans. H 2. A I Z B E Y C I X D I - G E N J W Ans. W 3. A D G J M P - R W T S Ans. S 4. A B C E F G I J K - M L O N P Ans. M 5. A B F G K L P Q - T S V U W Ans. U 6. J W X U V S T - Q P S E T Ans. Q 7. A R H X Y T D T W S T - N P T K R Ans. P 8. F M B I P Z V I E V - I R Y O U 9. N Z I Y C X KW F - J F V M Y Ans. V 10. A A S A S P A S P K A - R Q T S U Ans. S 11. A E C P S - T R U E Ans. U 12. B B P R D D L N F F I K - H Q J I K Ans. H 13 A Z E X I V M T - R Q N S O Ans. Q 14. A B D G K P - L I W U X Ans. U 15. B C D A E G H I F J L M N L K N M O Ans. K 16. X W E F G V U H I J K - P N S R T Ans. T 17. O D J T O P Q N O E R T - Q O U V W Ans. O 18. P R N U U P E J R B B - H V U N E Ans. E 19.L U L M G M N F N P S - O N Q P S Ans. P NUMERICAL ABILITY 1. 420% OF 7.79 = ? Ans. 32.718 2. 3427 / 16.53 = ? Ans. 202 3. 10995 /95 = ? Ans.115.7365 4. 43+557-247 =? Ans. 353 5. 3107*3.082= ? Ans. 9591 6. 48.7 + 24.9 - 8.7 = ? Ans. 64.90 7.525.0/47.8 = ? Ans. 11 8. (135-30-14)*7 - 6 +2 = ? Ans. 3 9. 3/8 * 5.04=? Ans. 1.89 10. 697 /219 = ? Ans. 3.18 11.8/64 +64/16 =? Ans. 4.14 12. 298 * 312 / 208 = ? Ans. 453.54 13. 0.33 *1496 /13 = ? Ans. 37.98 14.0.26 + 1/8 = ? Ans. 0.385 15. 66.17+1/3= ? Ans. 67.03 16. 2.84+1/4= ? Ans. 3.09 17. 33% OF 450 = ? Ans. 148.5 18. 907.54 / 0,3073= ? Ans.3002 19.There are two categories of persons in ratio A:B = 2:3. A type earns 2.5 dollars/hr and B type 1 dollar/hr total money earned by both is 24dollars. Then what is the total number of persons Ans. 15 20. Total balls are z, the number of red balls is n and the remaining are blak balls,then the % of black balls equal to ? Ans. (z - n) / z*100 21. If A = C, B = 2D what should be done to make the ratio same. i.e.a/b = c/d Ans. Multiply A by 2 22. If P=Total number of components, Q = number of defective components .What is the % of non defective components? Ans. (p-q) / p*100 23. If the cost of an article is x , first discount given is y% of cost, second discount given is z% of cost . The selling price of x is Ans. x (1-y / 100) (1- z / 100) 24.Which of the following are prime numbers (a) 119 (b) 115 (c) 127 (d) none Ans. (c) 25. A / B = C; C > D then
(a) A is always greater than D
(b) C is always greater than D
(c) B is always less than D
(d) None of these
26. If B>C and A
(d) Can’t Say
33. K, L are men who take home a salary of x, y respectively.The total amount taken home is
Ans. Kx + Ly
34. If out of X bulbs y bulbs are broken;The % of non broken bulbs
Ans. (x-y) / x*100
35. If on a salary s per month, a tax of x% of the salary and another of r% of the salary is deducted what
is the income.
36. 0.512 * 18902358 =?
37. If the % of defective balls is 10% balls,and the number of defective balls is 5.The number of balls is
38. 6.29% of 2.8 =?
39. 0.398 * 456= ?
40. 0 < x < 1 which is greater (a) 1/x2 (b) 1/x (c) x (d) x2 Ans. (a) 41. If c = a/b; a-1 = c, what is the relation between a and b? Ans. b = a/a-1 42. What is the sum of 7 consecutive odd numbers with 27 as the fourth number Ans.189 FLOWCHART SECTION Directions: There are 7 flow charts and each has 5-6 blank rectangles/diamonds with sub question number in the rectangle/diamond. You have to fill the blank from the 5 options given against respective question number NOTE: These types of questions are not at all tough. You have to understand the logic and then it is very easy to fill the blanks. Some information is provided for getting to the answers. There will be blanks which have to be filled. Examples of flow charts asked to be filled : (1) There are 3 boxes of 3 balls each. you have to select the heaviest among all. (2) There are red and black balls in a box. You select some balls from the blocks. If the ball chosen is red then you get one point. If the chosen ball is ball black and previous ball is red then you get two points. For winning u have to get seven points. No point for selecting consecutive balls of the same color. (3)Classify objects in class A, class B and scrap. for classing you have to do different tests such as weight test, material test etc. (4)There is production process in which action depends on temperature and pressure and we have some temperature and pressure controls. Draw a flowchart to complete the process. (5)Find max. and min. of the 12 nos. in an array. Arrange the array in ascending order and find the maximum and minimum value in the array (6)Diffrent age group are given and also diffrent salary slabs are given. Depending on the salary group as well as his group you have to classify the group of people in particular class.