Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
1. One man want to build a wall the length and breadth of the wall are 20, 30 respectively. He need 35 bricks for one square centimeter then how many bricks he need?
Ans: l*b*35(no of bricks needed for sqcm)
2. One person had three children. He has 7 pennies. Then how he can distribute the fruits among his child by folloing conditions.
a)he can get one water millon for 1 penny.
b)he can get 2 oranges for 1 penny.
c)he can get 3 grapes for 1 penny.
Ans: 2 water mellon 1 orange 1 grape
3. 1/3 rd of a number is more 3 than the 1/6th of a number then find the number?
4. In Roorkee many buildings were under residential category.for buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150 and 200 only prime numbers. how many time 6 will appear in building numbering?
Ans:For 1 to 10 – 1 six
2 to 20 – 1 six
Similarly upto 59 we utilise six, 5 times
from 60 to 69 (including 66) – 11 times
from 70 to 100 – 3, hence ans = 5+11+3 = 19
5. One grand father has 3 grand child. Eldest one age is 3 times of the youngest child age. Sum of two youngest child age is more than two of eldest one age. Find the eldest one age?
Ans: 15(we can easily predict from options, as we take y as 15)
6. Difference between two numbers is 4 and their product is 17. Then find the sum of their squers?
Ans: 70 (By using (x-y)2=x2+y2-2xy)
7.Dr.Shantram was studying a bear in d north pole. For better results he took a left turn and then went straight and then went 3 km towards south to reach his lab , wat is colour of bear?
8. Which is the smallest digit when divides the 2880 gives perfect square.?
Ans:5(we can easily predict from options, as we divide them with 2880)
9. I don’t have any brothers and sisters.by pointing a picture that man said that his father is my fathers. Son then who is he?
Ans: His son
10. 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. hence the current average age has become 45. Find the age of seventh person?
Solution (x = 41, 6x = 246)
Let now we compute y,((6x+y)/7) = 45, as we have value of x, compute y.
11.The ratio between the ages of two pwrsons is 6:5 and sum of there ages is 77 then how many years later there ratio becomes 8:7?
Ans: we can easily predict from options
12. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hr, horse crossed 10 mts road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small street with 200 mts length. After traveling 6 hrs, 2hrs after sunset it got dog. compute the speed of dog?
Ans: As we have speed and travel time of horse, we can get distance travelled by it.
Hence d = 22*6 = 132km,
Exactly this 132km was travelled by dog in 8 hours (as it started two hours earlier).
Hence speed of dog = 132/8 = 16.5km/hr
13. Six friends go to pizza corner there are 2 types of pizzas. And six different flavors are there they has to select 2 flavors from 6 flavors what’s chanses to select?
14. 3, 22 , 7, 45, 15, ? , 31
Solution: Here it appear simple, because it arranged in arranged in sequence manner, but the actual question was some what twist mentioning fibonacci series and more over question was in statements (no numbers). Hence first try to understand the question well.
Here let group alternate terms 3,7,15,31 (3+4 =7, 7+8 =15, 15+16=31)
Similarly for second group (22,45,? (22+23 = 45, 45+46 = 91) hence ans is 91.14. Some irrelavent data.in last two lines problem will be there. One man walks certain distance with 5 kmph and walk back the same
15. A and B tanks r there.1/8th of the tank B is filled in 22Hrs.what is time to fill the tank full?
16. 5 friends went for week end party to Mc donalds restrurent and there they measure there weights. Some irrilevent data. Final measure is 155 kg then find the average weight of 5 people?
17. 2 pots are there. 1st pot is filled with ink and 2nd pot is filled with water. Take 1 spoon of ink from 1st pot and pore it in 2nd pot and take 1 spoon of mixture from 2nd pot and pore it in 2nd pot then which one of following is true?
Ans: Water in 1st pot is less than the ink in 2nd pot.
18.There r ten spots in library and each spot has 4 tables and ten readers ar there . sorry I don’t remember complete question?
19. Lion and tiger are there. Lion lies on Monday, Tues, Wends and Tiger lies on Thurs, Frid, Sat. Lion said that today is one of those days when I lies. Tiger said that today is one of those days when I lie too. Then find today?