Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
TCS Latest Placement Papers Mncs
Company Name : TCS
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
Hello friends, This is Saurabh I am a student in electronics and communication at Gyan Ganga Institute of Technology and Sciences Jabalpur. In our college there was a TCS campus at 24th January 2011.the campus was being conducted in three phases. The first phase was the written round which was online written test. The next two rounds was conducted on 25th January 2011.The second phase was the TECHNICAL INTERVIEW (the most important interview) .The third phase was the HR round. In our college a total of 278 students were eligible for written. Out of which 245 students cleared the written test and reached the next phase of technical interview.
TCS Latest Placement Papers Mncs
The online written paper for the TCS is given below:
1. The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion.As one of the forerunners in the technology front,Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India.At Tirnop,all programmer are equal in every respect.they receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total.how long will it take 72 programmer to write 72 lines of code in total?
2. Ferrari S.p.A. is an Italian sports car manufactured based in Maranello, Italy.Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as scuderia Ferrari,the company sponsered drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.p.A. throught its history,the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing,especially in Formula one,where it has enjoyed great success.Rohit once bought a Ferrari.It could go 2 times as fast as Mohit’s old Mercedes.if the speed of Mohit’s Mercedes is 32km/hr and the distance travelled by the Ferrari is 952 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
3. A hare and tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. the tortoise goes in one direction and the hare in the other.the hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely. the hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance.by what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
NOTE: The trick for this question is that the answer with the decimal is wright because the software has some flaw which gives a decimal in this question. But it’s not with other questions.
4. There are two water tanks A and B,A is much smaller than B.while water fills at the rate of one litre every hour in A,it gets filled up like 10,20,40,80,160…in tank B.(at the end of first hour,B has 10 litre.second hour it has 20,and so on).if 1/32 of B’s volume is filled after 3 hours,what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
(a) 10 hours
(b) 9 hours
(c) 8 hours
(d) 7 hours
5. Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression.
N = 12+X*(Y-Z) Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be –
NOTE: The trick for the answer is that remember three formulaes for this kind of question:
Directly put the value and find the answer
6. A Sheet of paper has statements number from 1 to 20.Statement n says “At least n of the statements on this sheet are true”.which statements are true and which are false.
a.The even no statements are true and the odd no statements are false.
b. The 1st 13 statements are false and rest are true.
c. The 1st 6 statements are true and rest are false
d. The odd no statements are true and even no. are false.
7. On the planet Oz, there are 8 days in a week- Sunday to Saturday and another day called Oz day. There are 36 hours in a day and each hour has 90 min while each minute has 60 sec. As on earth, the hour hand covers the dial twice every day.
Find the approximate angle between the hands of a clock on Oz when the time is 12:40 am.
8. Form 8 digit numbers from by using 1, 2,3,4,5 with repetition is allowed and must be divisible by 4.
9. Subha Patel is an olfactory scientist working for International Flavors and Fragrances. She specializes in finding new scents recorded and reconstituted from nature thanks to Living Flower Technology. She has extracted fragrance ingredients from different flowering plants into bottles labeled herbal, sweet, honey, anisic and rose. She has learned that a formula for a perfume is acceptable if and only if it does not violate any of the rules listed: If the perfume contains herbal, it must also contain honey and there must be twice as much honey as herbal. If the perfume contains sweet, it must also contain anisic, and the amount of anisic must equal the amount of sweet. honey cannot be used in combination with anisic. anisic cannot be used in combination with rose. If the perfume contains rose, the amount of rose must be greater than the total amount of the other essence or essences used. Which of the following could be added to an unacceptable perfume consisting of two parts honey and one part rose to make it acceptable?
a. Two parts rose
b. One part herbal
c. Two parts honey
c. One part sweet
10. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 40. For each value of n from 1 to 40, statement n says “At least and of the statements on this sheet are true.” Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The first 26 statements are false and the rest are true.
c) The first 13 statements are true and the rest are false.
d) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
11.( There was a very big question which was having no meaning)There is Ferarri and a Benz car.Benz speed is 10km/h and it covers 10 km. if the Ferarri goes 3 times faster than benz,in how much time Ferarri would take to cover the same distance??
12. (some nonsense paragraph)there are 60 barreals are there and one is poisoned. If a drop is consumed he will die in 14 hrs then how many least mice are required to find the poisoned barreal?if we have only 24 hour.
13. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ‘ At least n of the statements on this sheet are false. ‘ Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
14. the citizen of planet OZ are 6 fingered and they developed the number system in base 6.A certain street in OZ has 1000 buildings and they are numbered 1 to 1000.How many no. of 3’s are used?Express your answer in base 10.
15. A hallow cube of 5cm is taken, with thickness of 1 cm.It is made of smaller cudes of 1 cm.If 5 faces of outer cude are painted,then totally how many smaller cubes surfaces reamin unpainted?
16. There are certain numbers of hats and gloves in a box. they are 41 red,23 green,11 orange. power goes off. but a woman can differentiate betwn hats and gloves. how many draws are required to obtain a pair of each color.
17. (some nonsense story)(1/2)of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6)of the same number.what is that number?
18. After the typist writes 12 letters and addresses 12 envelopes she inserts the letters randomly into the envelopes(one letter per envelope). what is the probability that exactly one letter is inserted in an improper envelope?
a)0 b)11/12 c)1/12 d)12/212
19. Alok and Bhanu play the following coins in a circle game. 99 coins are arranged in a circle with each coin touching two other coin. Two of the coins are special and the rest are ordinary. Alok starts and the players take turns removing an ordinary coin of their choice from the circle and bringing the other coins closer until they again form a (smaller) circle. The goal is to bring the special coins adjacent
to each other and the first player to do so wins the game. Initially the special coins are separated by two ordinary coins O1 and O2. Which of the following is true ?
a. In order to win, Alok should remove O1 on his first turn.
b. In order to win, Alok should remove one of the coins different from O1 and O2 on his first turn.
c. In order to win, Alok should remove O2 on his first turn.
d. Alok has no winning strategy.
20. The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion.As one of the forerunners in the technology front,Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India.At Tirnop,all programmer are equal in every respect.they receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.suppose 10 such programmers take 10 minutes to write 10 lines of code in total.how long will it take 7 programmer to write 7 lines of code in total?
21. In planet OZ planet there are 8 days, sunday to saturday and 8th day is Oz day. There is 36 hours in a day. What is angle between 12.40?
22. there are two boxes one containing 10 red balls and other containing 10 green balls.you are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random an a ball at random from that box the probability of getting a ball is maximised.find the maximum probability.
23. Alice and Bob play the following coins-on-a-stack game. 20 coins are stacked one above the other. One of them is a special (gold) coin and the rest are ordinary coins. The goal is to bring the gold coin to the top by repeatedly moving the topmost coin to another position in the stack.
24.Alice starts and the players take turns. A turn consists of moving the coin on the top to a position i below the top coin (0 = i = 20). We will call this an i-move (thus a 0-move implies doing nothing). The proviso is that an i-move cannot be repeated; for example once a player makes a 2-move, on subsequent turns neither player can make a 2-move.
If the gold coin happens to be on top when it’s a player’s turn then the player wins the game. Initially, the gold coinis the third coin from the top. Then
a. Alice has no winning strategy.
b. In order to win, Alice’s first move should be a 1-move.
c. In order to win, Alice’s first move can be a 0-move or a 1-move.
d. In order to win, Alice’s first move should be a 0-move….
25. a bag contains 4 white and 3 black balls.2 balls are drawn one at a time, randomly in succession.what is the probability that both the balls drawn out are white in color,if the first ball is not replaced after the first draw?
26. A CIRCULAR RADIUS OF DASH BOARD 2.0 FOOT IS AT DISTANCE 20 FEET FROM U .U THROW A DART AT IT IT HIT THE DASH BOARD AT SOME POINT Q IN A CIRCLE.WHATS THE PROBABILITY TAHT Q IS CLOSER TO CENTRE OF CIRCLE THAN THE PERIFERY.
27. It is dark in my bedroom and I want to get two socks of the same color from my drawer, which contains 24 red and 24 blue socks. How many socks do I have to take from the drawer to get at least two socks of the same color?
28.A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 26 blue, 30 red, and 56 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?
29. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 30. For all values of n from 1 to 30, statement n says “At most n of the statements on this sheet are false”. Which statements are true and which are false?
a) all odd are false and even are true
b) alleven are true and odd are false
c) all are false
d) none of these
30. anup managed to draw 7 circle of equal raddi with their centres on the diagonal of a square such that the two extreme circle touch two sides of the square and each middle circle touches two circle on other side.find the ratio of the radious of the circle to the side of the square.
a. (2+7root 2):1
b. 1:(2+7root 2)
c. 1:(2+6root 2)
d. 1:(4+7root 3)
31. There is 7 friends (A1,A2,A3….A7).If A1 have to have shake with all with out repeat. How many hand shakes possible?
32.(don’t remember the full question but was a lill bit same)there was one question about the triangle. The triangle was having three sides.the value of the three sides was gives and the line joining the center with three points.how many points are there. The answer for this problem was 4
33. Same question as the one described in above questions.
34. same question as the one described in above questions.
35. same question as the one described in above questions.
After written test there were two interviews. First was the technical interview and the second was the HR interview.
In the technical interview the interviewer asked me questions related to my electronics branch as I have specified two subjects namely mobile communication and electronic devices.The questions were
1. What is MOSFET
2. What is LCS
3. What is LED TV
4. What is the difference between LCD,PLASMA and LED
5. How does an LCD and PLASMA TV works
6. Draw the diagram of MOSFET
7. What is nortons theorem
8. What is mobile communication
9. How does a keypad works in a mobile unit
10. How a call is generated through a mobile
11. In a mobile how does * and # works or what is its use
12. What is LED
13. What is MATLAB
After the technical round he said that he wanted to test my management skills so he gave me a situation and asked me how to handle the situation…The situation given was –
Suppose you are a project leader and under you a junior works who has a habit of drinking to the brim everyone in the office hates him. And you cannot fir him out of the office because he is a hard worker and no project can we done well without him. He doesn’t obey his senior also he shouts if someone wants to talk to him. But the main thing is that he is a good programmer and nothing can be done well without him then what will u do.
In this round the interviewer was jumbling the situation after giving new answer. After each answer he asked new questions.
After my second interview in my HR round the interviewer asked all the members to form a circle and he gave a topic and made us to do a debate and asked us that we should not talk anything negative abt anyone.
The topic was:
Suppose out of you five I have to choose only one member then start the debate.
This was all the three rounds which I faced.
Final selection was 195 out of 268.i was finally selected for the TCS.
Exam/Interview Date : 24-Jan-2011
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test, Technical Round-1, Client/Manager Interview
Contributor Name : Saurabh