TCS PLACEMENT PAPER
Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
TCS main Papers From Campus Recruitment at NIT BHOPAL 2003
1.If g (0)=g (1)=1
And g (n)= g (n-1) + g (n -2) find g (6);
2.A plane moves from 9degreesN40degreesE to 9degN40degW. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time.
3. If log 0.317=.. and log 0.318=..Then find the value of log 0.319.
4.You will be given the bit position values for A, B and C and using the relation (A?B) u C you have to construct the truth table. Then find the corresponding decimal number and choose the right option.
5.Complete the sequence 9,10,11,13,15, __, 21,28.
6.In a certain format TUBUJPO is coded as STATION. The code of which string is FILTER?
7. What is the code formed by reversing the First and second letters, the third and fourth letters and son on of the string SIMULTANEOUSLY?
8.The base 5 representation of the decimal number 2048 is _____.
9.Which is the largest prime number that can be stored in a 9-bit register?
10.Find the physical quantity represented by MOMENTUM *VELOCITY] / [LENGTH * ACCELERATION]?
11.A can do a piece of work in 20 days, which B can do in 12 days. In 9 days B does 3/4 of the work. How many days will A take to finish the remaining work?
JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY 1999
PART II QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE ,TIME 20 Min. MARKS :30.
1. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much (Ans:20 cents).
2. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person. (ans:60 min.)
3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for fullround trip. fuel is taken 1/4 gallons mor3 in going than coming. what is the fiel consumed in coming up? (2 gallons)
4. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and higherst temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature (40 C)
5. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8hoursdriving in a day Average speed of forward journy is 40 mph. due to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mph. how far he can select a picnic spot (120 miles).
6. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3,instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actuallyhas to get ? (1/3).
7. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another shipstarted from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships meet ? ( Ans is between I and J and close to J)
port G H I J K L
8. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbour building with what height shadow C ft is (B ft.)
A B C D E F G H
9. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph.Anotherperson was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twicethe same. If the second person was travelling at a speed of 35mph. find the speed limit (15 mph)
10. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min stayingat destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fastspeed.at what time it returns to the bustand (11.00)
11. in a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to25% of the mixture, howmuch R is to be added ( one part).
12. wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much timerequired.
13. with 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels ( 5 miles).
14. two trees are there. one grows at 3/5 of the other. in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree willhave in 2 years. (<2ft) 15. A storm will move with a velocity of towords the center inhours. At the same rate how much far will it move in hrs. (but Ans is 8/3 or 2 2/3).e next no: 5,6,7,8,10,11,14,? Ans: 18 16. What is the value of m(373, 7) + r(6.8) -t(3.4) + r( 3.4) m- modulas r- roundoff t- truncate 17. What is the value of % # % (5) + # % # (2) where % – doubling #- reciprocal 18. Match the following a b 1. Sentence, paragraph 1. Type of 2. Basmati, wheat 2. A part of 3. Brother, sister 3. Not a type of 4. Breigal, dog 4. Sibling ans: 1-> 2 2->1 3->3 4->4
19. G (0) =1 g (1)= -1 if g (n)=2* (g (n-1))- 3(g
(n-2)) then what is the value of g (4)?
20. A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
b 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
c 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
( a u b ) p c
21. Time degree
2 7 deg 6′ 43.15″
4 5deg 31′ 4.3″
then what will be the degree when time is 3 o clock
22. Three companies working independently and get savings 10%, 20%, 25%. If the companies work just opposite then
what will be the net saving?
23. Which one will be the exact power of 3
(I) 2768 (ii)2678 (iii) 2187
24. Some relation that is deduce to
a (pow 2) direct proportional to x (pow 3)
b (pow 2) direct proportional to y (pow 3)
some four answers were given
ans: all of the above
25. 900 M wide 3000 m width something I can’t remember some values are given by air per m rs. 4 By ground per m rs. 5
Then where u will cut add man out
26. 1.Java 2.smalltalk 3.lisp 4.eiffel
27. 1.Sap 2.arp 3.wap 4.tcp ip
28. Which is the perfect one among the 4
1. 2X +3y=4 2. X + y= -1 3. Y=2x+ 3
Vocabulary Section: (Time : 28 mins)
1.Moribund – declining, dilapidated, waning
2.Repudiate – reject, disclaim, renounce, deny
3.Translucent – transparent, semi- transparent, lucid, lucent, clear, see through
4. Mitigate- alleviates, lessen, ease, alley, tune down, dull, Assuage
5. Inundate – flood, overwhelm, swamp, submerge
6. Bilk – deceive, trick, swindle, con che tana-jobs
7.Nettle – annoy, irritate, vex
8.Impugn – hold responsible, charge, censure, accuse
10.Tenacity – stubbornness, resolve, firmness, persistence, insistence, determination
11.Sobriety – temperance, moderation, abstemiousness, soberness
12.Degrade – shame, disgrace, mortify, humiliate
13.Hidebound – narrow-minded, conservative, prejudiced
14.Waif – stray, sole, thing
15.Hamper – basket, hinder
16.Retrograde – nostalgic, retrospective, traditional and conservative
17.Despondent – hopeless, low, dejected
18.Debacle – disaster, tragedy, catastrophe
19.Nebulous – vague, hazy, unformulated, tenuous
20.Inconsistent – conflicting, contradictory, unreliable , incompatible, inhoherent
21.Paradox – inconsistency, irony, absurdity
1. dwindle – decrease, decline, fall, fall off, drop, drop off
2. efface – wipe out, obliterate, eradicate, destroy
3. inept – incompetent, inexpert, clumsy
4. infirmity – ill-health, sickness
5. candid- open, frank
6. dangle – hang, swing, sway
1. Irksome * pleasant
2. Jaunty * sorrowful, sad
3. Nebulous * precise
4. Misapprehension * comprehension * understanding
5. Obese * thin
6. Whimsical * ordinary
TCS PLACEMENT PAPER
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and largest campus and workforce in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Founded: 1 April 1968
Founders: Faquir Chand Kohli, Tata Sons, J. R. D. Tata