Tata Consultancy Services Placement Paper
Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
TCS Placement Paper Held on 7th Sept 2010 at Bangalore
By ravi on September 29th, 2010 Read this page in hindi
I’m attend the TCS written exam on 7th September 2010. There are 4 rounds. First round was an Quantative Aptitude round, where we have to answer the online questions through touch stone software. This database have 1 lack questions, out of 1 lack we will prompt to 35 questions and time limit is 60 mins. For every correct answer we have 1 mark and for every wrong answere 0.33 mark ll be deduced (one mark for 3 wrong answers). Questions were mainly from age, ratio proportional, speed and distance, sequence, probability, work and time, average, blood relation, area and volume and one logical question.
The questions faced by me are(i remembered).
1. 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. hence the current average age has become 45.
Find the age of seventh person?
2. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hr, horse crossed 10 mts road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small street with 200 mts length. After traveling 6 hrs, 2hrs after sunset it got dog. compute the speed of dog?
3. A toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes aftr every 4 min(and some nonsence)now train is defective and can make only 2 sounds..find probability that same sound is repeated 6 times consecutively(1 OUT OF __)?
4.The cost 1 plum is 1 cent ,2 apples is 1 cent,3 banana is 1 cent.if rahul buys same amount of fruits for his 3 sons spending 7 cent den what amount of fruit each child will get??
5. pizza parlor provides pizzas…there wer 2 toppings available initially peperoni and salami… but now they,ve introduces 8 new toppings (some names) to select from…… a person wishes to buy two DIFFERENT pizzas of NEW topping….in how many ways he can do that??
6. ‘ susha brought terilon cloth and rope to (some nonsence nw jst go to last 2 lines).if rope is 153 mtr long and it is to be cut into pieces of 1 mtr long then how many times will she have to cut it??
7. The ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days,woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take?
8. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. sum of their ages is 42yrs. What is the present age of Peter?
9. The ages of two friends is in the ratio 6:5. After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 8:7?
10. A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are A cm, B cm and C cm. (I do not remember the numerical value). What will be the area of the square made from the same rope?
11. What is the distance of the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz+d=0. (I do not remember the values of a,b,c,d)
12. Simple question bt big one on average age.sth like a,b,c weigheted separately 1st a,b,c ,then a& b,then b&c ,then c&a at last abc,the last weight was 151,then what will be the avg weight of the 7 weight?
13. There r ten spots in library and each spot has 6 tables and each has ten chairs. 10 student come into liberary and want 2 study. in 1st table only person, and in 2nd table 2 persons and so on…. finally how many tables would be blank?
14. a problem on V=IR formula
15. a problem on (a-b)^2 here we need to find a^2+b^2
16. There are 1000 pillars for a temple. 3 friends Linda, Chelsey, Juli visited that temple. (Som unrelated stuff) Linda is taller than Chelsey and taller than 2 of 1000 pillars. Juli is shorter than Linda. Find the correct sentence?
17. you hav coins of all dimensions. You need to provide exact change at the counter. You have 155p coin. In how many parts will u divide this so that u will provide the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
18. a block has 14cm width. if we combine 2 blocks the width will b 25cm. then if we put 150 blocks in similar manner. then wat is the resultant width.
19. a man started at his house and travel 50km towards north and take his left and travel 50km and then take right and travel 50km then in which direction he is from his house
20. a man has age in years equal to his daughters age in months and daughter age is equals to his grand daughter age in weeks and her age in weeks total age of 3 members is given we need to find out the mans age
21. problem on data interpretation
22. The cost of making a robot consists of material cost,repairing cost,coloring cost and is in the ratio 3:4:5.if the material cost is 1200 then find out the cost of the robot.
23. There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in hour B can fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10,
20, 40, 80,160….if B filled in (1/16) th of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
24. In a school for a student out of a 100 he got 74 of average for 7 subjects and he got 79 marks in 8th subject. what is the average of all the subjects?
25. Two years before Paul’s age is 2times the Alice age and the present age of Paul is 6times the Alice. what is the presents Paul’s age???
26. 10men and 10 women are there, they dance with each other, is there possibilty that 2 men are dancing with same women and vice versa.
27. Ferrari is leading car manufacturer.*Ferrari S.p.A.* is an Italian sports car ………it has enjoyed great success…………..If Mohan’s Ferrari is 3 times faster than his old MERCEDES wich gave him 35kmph…if Mohan travelled 490 km in his ferrari………the hw much time he took??
28. a problem on series..?
I forgot the remaining 8 questions.
I cleared the wriiten test i received invitation to attend the further rounds on 9th september. i called for the technical at 4:45pm the question are
1. Tell me about you are self and you are college(for 5mins)?
2. Write a program for string reverse?
3. Define encapsulation? wid example?
4. What is multiple inheritance?
5. What is friend function?
6. What is virtual function?
7. What are access specifiers?
8. Expalin software development lifeycle?
9. What are diff types of testings?
10. What is diff between unit testing and regression testing?
11. What is cohesion?
12. What is diff between whitebox and blackboxtesting?
13. A simple logical problem?
14. What is diff between CSE and IT(i m IT student)
15. What is function overloading and overriding?
After completing technical he said 2 wait for the next round and that is Managerial Round. I called for the MR at 6:30pm the question are faced by me are
1. Tell me abt u r self?
2. Where r u frm?
3. Tell any 2 likes and dis likes about u r neighbours?
4. Write the algorithm for quicksort?(i explained the logic)
5. Time complexities of quicksort and bubblesort?
6. Explain u r project?
7. Explain abt u r acheivements?
After completing that he said to wait for next round. i.e. HR. I called for HR at 8:30pm. the HR interview is very cool and he asked few questions only. In HR the questions are
1. Tell me abt u r self?
2. wats u r aim?
3. wat r u r skills?
4. do u hav any certifications on u r skills?(i said I dnt hav) he asked y?
5. r u willing to rellocate?
6. r u ready to sign on a 2yr bond?
Some of HR questions faced by my friends are
1. why TCS?
2. Who is the founder?
3. Who is the present CEO?
4. What is the mission and vision of TCS?
5. What is the name of the award TCS recently received?
6. Why should i hire u? The HR told me that TCS will communicate through mail with few dayz about the result.
Tata Consultancy Services Placement Paper
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and largest campus and workforce in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Founded: 1 April 1968
Founders: Faquir Chand Kohli, Tata Sons, J. R. D. Tata