Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
1. There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of 1 liter every hour in A, it gets filled up like, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 liters, second hour it has 20 liters and so on). If tank B is 1/32 filled of the 21 hours, what is total duration of hours required to fill it completely?
a) 26 B)25 c)5 d)27
Solution: for every hour water in tank in B is doubled,
Let the duration to fill the tank B is x hours.
x/32 part of water in tank of B is filled in 21 hours,
Next hour it is doubled so
2. In the reading room of a library, there are 23 reading spots. Each reading spot consists of a round table with 9 chairs placed around it. There are some readers such that in each occupied reading spot there are different numbers of readers. If in all there are 36 readers, how many reading spots do not have even a single reader?
a) 8 b) none c) 16 d) 15
Solution: 23 reading spots, Each reading spot consists of 9 chairs placed around it so There are some readers such that in each occupied reading spot there are different numbers of readers.
3.A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue, 32 red, and 25 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?
a) 50 b) 8 c) 60 d) 42
Solution:take full num of maximum i.e 32+25+3=60….i have done like ths…bt nt sure
This question appears 3 times with changed values….
4.There is 7 friends (A1, A2, A3….A7).If A1 have to have shake with all without repeat. How many handshakes possible?
a) 6 b) 21 c) 28 d) 7
Solution: For handshakes type question i am confirming you that if the there are n members are there
Handshakes are given in linear manner =n-1(last person cannot give hand shake to first person)
Handshakes are given in cyclic manner =n(last person can give hand shake to first person)
5.Entry ticket to an exhibition ranges from 1p to 31p. You need to provide exact change at the counter. You have 31p coin. In how many parts will u divide 31p so that u will provide the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 7
Solution: in btech we studied 8 4 2 1 code for binary system in digital logic proceed in that way for answer it is 16 8 4 2 1 if u add all we will get 31 so 5 coins required
6. In T.Nagar the building were numbered from 1 to 100.Then how many 4’s will be present in the numbers?
a) 18 b) 19 c) 20 d) 21.
Solution: You have to count and answer but be prepare with answer
Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan’s old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan’s Mercedes is 35 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 490 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
a) 20.72 b) 3.5 c) 238.25 d) 6.18
Solution: Speed of Ferrari =4*35=140,time=distance/velocity,
8. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ‘ At least n of the statements on this sheet are false. ‘Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
Solution:for atleast…even are true n odd are false
for exactly ..last second is true
This question appears 2 times.
9. Given a collection of points P in the plane, a 1-set is a point in P that can be separated from the rest by a line, .i.e the point lies on one side of the line while the others lie on the other side.
The number of 1-sets of P is denoted by n1(P). The minimum value of n1(P) over all configurations P of 5 points in the plane in general position (.i.e no three points in P lie on a line) is
a)3 b)5 c) 2 d)1
10. Hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely3. A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
a) 37.80 b)8 c) 40 d) 5
11. Here 10 programers, type 10 lines with in 10 minutes then 60lines can type within 60 minutes. How many programmers are needed?
a) 16 b) 6 c) 10 d) 60
This question appears 5 times with different values
12. Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression
N = 9 + X + Y – Z
Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu
would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
a) 0 b) 27 c) 18 d) 20
The Q’s concept is same but the equation of N’s is changing.
Dont know the answer
This question appears 3 times
13. For the FIFA world cup, Paul the octopus has been predicting the winner of each match with amazing success. It is rumored that in a match between 2 teams A and B, Paul picks A with the same probability as A’s chances of winning. Let’s assume such rumors to be true and that in a match between Ghana and Bolivia, Ghana the stronger team has a probability of 2/3 of winning the game. What is the probability that Paul will correctly pick the winner of the Ghana-Bolivia game?
a)1/9 b)4/9 c)5/9 d)2/3
I dnt remember other questions
100 students appeared for the written test and 13 cleared it.
Then I was called for intervw on 29th in delhi
First technical round:
me:gud afternoon sir
TR:have a seat
TR:tell me abt yourself?
TR:wht are your favourite subjects
me:oops n biometrics
TR:what is foreign key
TR:what are inner n outer joins
me:i told him i dnt remember the actual difference
TR:Write a prog for binary search
me:i started writing it..but stuck sumwhere bt he said to leave it and asked other question
TR:Languages u know
TR:c n c++
me:told have knwledge of c bt dnt know abt c++ much
TR:what are methods n fuctions in c++
me:told bt jst a guess
TR:what are the two ways of passing the arguments
me:told(value n reference)
TR:what is d diff in between d two
TR:he gve me a series to complete 1,6,27,128….
me:i started solving n almost solve it…
TR:you are taking so much time n u said ur favourite subj is dbms n u are nt answering
me:i told him…no sir i told oops,
again he asked u said dbms…i told no…then he said okies
TR:what u knw abt cloud computing
me:told ,storage devices,os n other resources are on web n medium scale industies are benefitted by tht
TR:he said thank u kamna
n left the room
it was so bad tht i dnt expect i would be selected for MR..bt may b he was testing my confidence bec he only asked me what i told i dnt knw….
nw MR(managerial round)
MR:lot of agra students today
me:yes sir,actualy due to sum circumstances tcs has nt taken intervws in campus so i hav to cum here
MR:ohhhh…i missed the chance to watch taj mahal
me:no probs sir..may be next time
MR:so kamna tell me abt urself
MR:abt ur family background
MR:hw many siblings u hav n what they do
MR:u r doin m.tech n you can join other company which gves high compensatn then y TCS
me:i told him i need sum start up…n TCS is best for starting my career
MR:wht are ur weaknesses
me:i told stage fear
MR:ohhh u r so talkive n attract others towards ur talks n u saying ths
me:actualy sir first 10-15 min i was very nervous on stage bt after that i am comfortable n i m improving on tht
MR:Wht u knw abt cloud computing
MR:if ur senior gves u pressure,would u pass on to ur juniors
me:no n explained
MR:wht are the qualities for team leader
me:convincing power,motivating attititude,know how to tackle situation,knw time management…….etc…
MR:team leader shud be authoriative?
me:i told sumwht bec if he would b lenient no one wil hear to him n if he would b authoriatve thn his juniors wil nt like him n jst do wrk in pressure nt by full heart …..whch makes wrk to suffer
MR:are u indecisive
he again asked ths n thn i said yes…depends on situation for me…
MR:you can go now
me:thank u sir
jst be confident,that’s the best strategy…
thn called for HR after one hour…
HR:tell me abt ur self
HR:abt ur parents
HR:wht are ur hobbies
me:artificial fower making
HR:tell me the material used for it
HR:wht u do with it
me:decorate my home
HR:any more hobbies
me:frankly i dint get time n if i get sum time either i make flowers or jst socialise
HR:whch is d last novel u read
HR:tell me abt tht
HR:u hav written tht u hav taken part in gk competetions n secured positions,so u hav read newspaper today
me:i said no
HR: okies,are u aware of the fact tht u hav to work in rotational shifts n for 12 hours a day n u can be send anywhere in india…nw also u want to join this company
me:i said yes,..i m comfortable with it
HR:Ok,do u want to ask sumthng from me
me:what is the hierarchical structure in your company(it was nt told in pre placemnt talk so i asked abt it)
HR:she told me…
me: thank u mam
and finaly got selected in TCS!!!!!!