Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
TCS Paper on 27 January 2011 @ GMRIT Engineering College, Rajam
1. (1/2) of a number is 3 more than the (1/6) of the same number?
a) 6 b)7 c)8 d)9
2.There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in an hour, B can fill 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80, 160…… If B filled in 1/16 of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill the tank completely?
a) 9 B)8 c)7 d)6
3.6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. Hence the current average age has become 45. Find the age of seventh person?
a) 43 b)69 c)52 d)31
4. In the reading room of a library, there are 10 tables, 4 chairs per table. In each table there are different numbers of people seated. How many ways they will sit in the library so that no chair would be blank?
a) 8 b)6 c)2 d)7
5. A man jogs at 6 mph over a certain journey and walks over the same route at 4 mph. What is his average speed for the journey?
a) 2.4 mph b) 4.8 mph c) 4 mph d) 5 mph
6.A boy wants to make cuboids of dimension 5m, 6m and 7m from small cubes of .03 m3. Later he realized he can make same cuboids by making it hollow. Then it takes some cubes less. What is the number of the cubes to be removed?
a) 2000 b) 5000 c) 3000 d) 7000
7. x/2y = 2a,then 2x/x-2ay=?
a)4 b)8 c)16 d)2
8. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue, 32 red, and 25 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?
a)50 b)8 c)60 d)42
9.On planet korba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 9 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. Echina grows in the form of circle, and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formula d = 4*W (t-9) for t X 9 where d represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar blast.Jagan recorded the radius of some echina at a particular spot as 7mm. How many years back did the solar blast occur?
a) 17 b)21.25 c)12.25 d)14.05
10.In T.Nagar the building were numbered from 1 to 100.Then how many 4’s will be present in the numbers?
a)18 b)19 c)20 d)21
11. Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan’s old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan’s Mercedes is 35 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 490 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
a)20.72 b) 5.18 c) 238.25 d) 6.18
12. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ‘ At least n of the statements on this sheet are false. ‘Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
13.If a and b are mixed in 3:5 ration and b and c are mixed in 8:5 ration if the final mixture is 35 liters, find the amount of b?
A) 13.34 b) 15.73 c) 16.73 d) 9.45
14. One man want to build a wall .The length and breadth of the wall are 20 and 30 respectively. He need 35 bricks for one square centimeter then how many bricks he need?
a)21,500 b)30,000 c)21,000 d)20,000
15.One grand father has 3 grand children two of the age difference is 3.Eldest child age is 3 times the youngest childs age and the eldest child age is two year more than the sum of other two children. Find what is the age of the elders child?
a)18 b)22 c)30 d)10
16. 3 persons a,b,c were there A always says truth,B lies on Monday,tusday,& Wednesday.but C lies on thrusday,Friday & saturday .one day A said”that B & C said to A that” B said “yesterday way one of the days when I lies”,C said that”yesterday way one of the days when I lies too”.then which day was that?
17. Which is the smallest no which divides 2880 and gives a perfect square?
a)4 b)9 c)3 d)5
18. How many 9 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1,2,3,4,5 which are divisible by 4 if the repetition is allowed?
a)57 b)56 c)59 d)58
19. how many 13 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1,2,3,4,5 which are divisible by 4 if repetition of digits is allowed?