Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
1. Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari. It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan’s old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan’s Mercedes is 35 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 490 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
2. A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ‘ At least n of the statements on this sheet are false. ‘Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
3. 3 persons a, b ,c were there A always says truth lies on Monday, Tuesday,& Wednesday. but C lies on thursday, Friday & Saturday .one day A said” that B & C said to A that” B said “yesterday way one of the days when I lies”, C said that” yesterday way one of the days when I lies too”. then which day was that?
4. By using 1,2,3,4,5,how many 5 digit no. can be formed which is divisible by 4,repetation of no. is allowed??
5. Alice and Bob play the following coins-on-a-stack game. 20 coins are stacked one above the other. One of them is a special (gold) coin and the rest are ordinary coins. The goal is to bring the gold coin to the top by repeatedly moving the topmost coin to another position in the stack. Alice starts and the players take turns. A turn consists of moving the coin on the top to a position i below the top coin (0 ≤ i ≤
6.. We will call this an i-move (thus a 0-move implies doing nothing). The proviso is that an i-move cannot be repeated; for example once a player makes a 2-move, on subsequent turns neither player can make a 2-move.If the gold coin happens to be on top when it’s a player’s turn then the player wins the game. Initially, the gold coins the third coin from the top. Then:-
A) In order to win, Alice’s first move should be a 0-move.
B) In order to win, Alice’s first move can be a 0-move or a 1-move.
C) In order to win, Alice’s first move should be a 1-move.
D) Alice has no winning strategy.
7. For the FIFA world cup, Paul the octopus has been predicting the winner of each match with amazing success. It is rumored that in a match between 2 teams A and B, Paul picks A with the same probability as A’s chances of winning. Let’s assume such rumors to be true and that in a match between Ghana and Bolivia, Ghana the stronger team has a probability of 2/3 of winning the game. What is the probability that Paul will correctly pick the winner of the Ghana-Bolivia game?
8. Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression N = 9 + X + Y – Z where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
9. 10 suspects are rounded by the police and questioned about a bank robbery. Only one of them is guilty. The suspects are made to stand in a line and each person declares that the person next to him on his right is guilty. The rightmost person is not questioned. Which of the following possibilities are true?
A. All suspects are lying or the leftmost suspect is innocent.
B. All suspects are lying and the leftmost suspect is innocent .
A) B only
B) Neither A nor B
C) A only
D) Both A and B
10. The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate. Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How long will it take 72 programmers to write 72 lines of code in total?
11.There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
12. If you type in the command nohup sort employees > list 2 > error out & and log off ,the next time you log in, the output will be
a) in a file called list and the error will de typed in a file error out
b) there will be no file called list or error out
c) error will be logged in a file called list and o/p will be in error out
d) you will not be allowed to log in
e) none of the above
13. Ram buys a cycle for 31 dollars and given a cheque of amount 35 dollars. Shop Keeper exchanged the cheque with his neighbor and gave change to Ram. After 2 days, it is known that cheque is bounced. Shop keeper paid the amount to his neighbor. The cost price of cycle is 19 dollars. What is the profit/loss for shop keeper?
14. Metal strip of width ‘x’ cm. 2 metal strips are placed one over the other, then the combine length of 2 strips is ‘y’. If ‘z’ strips are placed in that manner. What is the final width of that arrangement?
15. A game is played between 2 players and one player is declared as winner. All the winners from first round are played in second round. All the winners from second round are played in third round and so on. If 8 rounds are played to declare only one player as winner, how many players are played in first round
16. There are 3 boys A, B, C and 2 Girls D, E. D always sit right to A. Girls never sit in extreme positions and in the middle position. C always sits in the extreme positions. Who is sitting immediate right to E?
17. 49 members attended the party. In that 22 are males, 17 are females. The shake hands between males, females, male and female. Total 12 people given shake hands. How many such kinds of such shake hands are possible?
18. Entry ticket to an exhibition ranges from 1p to 31p. You need to provide exact change at the counter. You have 31p coin. In how many parts will u divide 31p so that u will provide the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
19. There are 2 friends Peter and Paul. Peter age is twice as old as Paul when peter was as old as Paul is now. Sum of the present ages of Peter and Paul is 35.What is the present age of Peter?
20. There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of one liter every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 liters, second hour it has 20, and so on). If tank B is 1/32 filled after 21 hours, what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
(a) 26 hrs
(b) 25 hrs
(c) 5 hrs
(d) 27 hrs
21. There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of one liter every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160… in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 liters , second hour it has 20, and so on). If tank B is 1/16 filled after 4 hours, what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
(b) 25 hrs
(c) 5 hrs
(d) 27 hrs
22. Unnecessary data. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue- 32 red , 10 white , 25 yellow, 55 purple, 30 orange. The lights are out and it is totally dark inspite of the darkness. She can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color of blue, red, yellow?