Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
1. Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
2. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hr, horse crossed 10 mts road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small street with 200 mts length. After traveling 6 hrs, 2hrs after sunset it got dog. compute the speed of dog?
3. A and B play a game between them. The dice consist of colors on their faces (instead of number). When the dice are thrown, A wins if both show the same color, otherwise B wins. One die has 3 red faces and 3 blue faces. How many red and blue faces should the other die have if the both players have if the both players have the same chances of winning?
(a) 5 red and 1 blue faces.
(b) 1 red and 5 blue faces.
(c) 3 red and 3 blue faces.
4. In planet OZ planet there are 8 days, Sunday to Saturday and 8th day is Oz day. There is 36 hours in a day. What is angle between 12.40?
5.Ramu & sangeetha went for biological analysis to a island which is 34km from their place. They travelled in a boat which went at a speed of 2m/s. when they are in half a distance in the boat sangeetha note there are 7 leg & 8 leg octopuses under the water. Ramu counted the total number of legs of octopuses and got 54. Sangeetha instantly said I know how many 7 leged octopuses are there under the water. They both reached the island after 20 min they left . How many seven legged octopuses does sangeetha calculate?
6. The ratio of current age of X and Y is 5:7. After how many years their age becomes 7:9?
7. by using 1,2,3,4,5,how many 5 digit no. can be formed which is divisible by 4,repetation of no. is allowed??
8. XY=21 and X+Y=13.ans of X & Y will b in points..den x square+y square=??
9. Person travels from A- to b in 9km/hr, and B to A in 4 Km/hr. What is the average speed?
10. Avg marks of 5 sub is 61. Six sub mark is 89. What is the average after adding 6th?
11. Find number of 3’s between 1 & 100?
12. A pipe can fill a tank at the rate 1 litre/hr, the tank is 1/32 filled in 6 hours. After how many hows the tank is filled completely
13. A man has to get air-mail. He starts to go to airport on his motorbike. Plane comes early and the mail is sent by a horse-cart. The man meets the cart in the middle after half an hour. He takes the mail and returns back, by doing so, he saves twenty minutes. How early did the plane arrive?
14. 2 trees are there. One grows at 3/5 of the other. In 4 years total growth of the trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree have in 2 years.
15. There is a six digit code. Its first two digits, multiplied by 3 gives all ones. And the next two digits multiplied by 6 give all twos. Remaining two digits multiplied by 9 gives all threes. Then what is the code?
16. There are 4 balls and 4 boxes of colours yellow, pink, red and green. Red ball is in a box whose colour is same as that of the ball in a yellow box. Red box has green ball. In which box you find the yellow ball?
17. A bag contains 20 yellow balls, 10 green balls, 5 white balls, 8 black balls, and 1 red ball. How many minimum balls one should pick out so that to make sure the he gets at least 2 balls of same color.
18. What is the number of zeros at the end of the product of the numbers from 1 to 100
19. 10 Digit number has its first digit equals to the numbers of 1’s, second digit equals to the numbers of 2’s, 3rd digit equals to the numbers of 3’s .4th equals number of 4’s..till 9th digit equals to the numbers of 9’s and 10th digit equals to the number of 0’s. what is the number?
20. A and B are shooters and having their exam. A and B fall short of 10 and 2 shots respectively to the qualifying mark. If each of them fired atleast one shot and even by adding their total score together, they fall short of the qualifying mark, what is the qualifying mark?
21. Gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings
22. Anand finishes a work in 7 days, Bittu finishes the same job in 8 days and Chandu in 6 days. They take turns to finish the work. Anand on the first day, Bittu on the second and Chandu on the third day and then Anand again and so on. On which day will the work get over?