201. There is a problem with blood relations. A man is saying while pointing to a person who is painting like this:” I am the only son to my father. His father is the son my father”. Find the relation to him with the painting person.
Ans: his son
202. There is problem on probabilities. There are gloves and hats with three different colors with some totals are given for each type. Then asked to find out the probability of taking the pair of glove and hat of same color in dark.
203. There is a bacteria which has the probability of die 1/3 of its total number or it may tripled. Find out the probability
I marked it as A. check it out
204. There are two tanks A,B. A will be fill up 1ltr in one hour. B tank will fill up double in every hour (like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160…..). if the tank B is filled 1/16 in 13 hours how much time it will take to fill up totally.
Ans: 17 hours (note: here no need with A tank details. but they gave to confuse, all problems are like this ,avoid unnecessary data)
205. In a hotel we can order two types of varieties, but we can make 6 more varieties in home. One can want the four varieties with two from hotel must. Find how many ways one can order.
Ans: 12 ways
206. There is a series 13,14,27,30,55,62,?, 126. Find the missing.This is combination of two series; 13,27 55, ? and 14, 30, 62, 126 (14, 14*2+2(30),30*2+2(62),….)
13, 13*2+1 (27), 27*2+1(55), ?=55*2+1=111 .For this numbers may be changed but the logic is same.
207. There are three frnds x, y , z gone to excursion with their girl frnds. there they wanted to find their weights but their GF’s are not accept to check their weight( all unnecessary data) . Then they check weights as x, y, z individually and then x and y, y and z, x and z ,then all(x,y,z). the last measure is 171. Then find the avg of all these seven measures.
208. Two tanks A and B. A fills 1 ltr/1 hr… b fills 10, 20, 30….. per hour. if this is (passage unnecessary). if 1/4th tnk of b takes 15 hrs to fill how much it time will t take to fill complete tank?
209. Out of 7 children the youngest is boy then find the probability that all the remaining children are boys
Ans: 1/2^6 = 1/64
210. The three sides of a triangle are given.16, 14, 21 cms and this triangle is conveted into a square .so what will be the area of the square generated?
Ans: – (14+16+21)/4. Then you will get the 1 side of a square and now find the area of a square.ie, side^2
211. An equation of the form 4x+6y-2z=32 . Find the difference between x intercept and z intercept?
212. A toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes after every 4 min…………….. ………………………………. …………………………………… now train is defective and can make only 2 sounds…………….. ……………………………………………………………………… Find probability that same sound is repeated 5 times consecutively (1 OUT OF __)?
213. 20men and 20 women are there, they dance with each other, is there possibilty that 2 men are dancing with same women and vice versa.
214. 10 people are there, they are shaking hands together, how many hand shakes possible, if they are in no pair of cyclic sequence.
215. In school there are some bicycles and 4wheeler wagons. One Tuesday there are 234 wheels in the campus. How many bicycles are there?
Ans: go wid options. muliply each option wid 2 and subtact the obtained no from 234. if it is exactly divisible by 4, that is the ans….
216. A father has 7 penny’s with him and 1 water melon is for 1p, 2chickoos for 1p, 3 grapes foe 1p.he has three sons. How can he share the friuts equally?
Ans: 1 watermelon,2chickoos,1grape
217. A piza shop made pizzas
with to flavours.in home there are ‘9’ different flavors, in that ‘2’ flavors are taken to made piza in how many ways they can arrange?
(Logic: NcM, N= 9, M=2 )
218. one organization ,material ,labor and maintenance are in the ratio of 4:6:7, if the material cost is: 272 ,what is the total cost?
Ans: 4x=272 ==> x=68 ; now total cost = 272 + 6(68)+7(68).
219. 4 years before Paul’s age is 3times the Alice age and the present age of Paul is 6times the Alice. what is the presents Paul’s age???
Ans: x-4 = 3(y-4) ; x=6y : solve u will get it..
220. In a question ,last part has ,the ages of two people has the ratio of 6:5 and by adding the numbers we get 55,after how many years the ratio would be 8:7?
Ans: easy u can do it… simple eqtns
221. In a room ………………… ( unwanted stuff)……………………….. Sports readers,10 tables,4chairs per table, each table has different number of people then how many tables will left without at least one person?
Ans : 6
222. passage………………. joe is taller than jerry and 3 pillers. kistern is shorter than joe and 2 pillers is jerry shorter/taller than kistern
223. a volume of A are having in a container of sphere… how many semi hemispheres of B volume each will be rqred to transfer all the A in to semi hemispheres…..?
Ans: A= x B
224. Question based on V=I*R but in dis question most of data given are ridiculas like volume ,density,length,height similar long story are given
225. Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 42 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?
226. A horse chases a pony 2 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 4 hours to reach the pony. If the average speed of the horse is 81 kmph, what s the average speed of the pony? (This question was really long with loads of irrelevant statement)
227. difrence b/w two nubers is 4.and their product is 17.then find the sum of their squers?
228. A, B, C, D, E are there among A, B, C are boys and D, E are girls =====> D is to the left of A and no girl sits at the middle and at the extemes. Then what is the order of their sittings..
229. some ages problem………… then asked the answer in binary
230. ……………..(some chetta chikkati sollu)..unwanted data………… folowed by a formula diameter d = 10*(t-14), t>14… then what id diameter after t=40..?
231. Some denominations question… like u have 31 ps, and tckt cost is between 1 to 31, u have to give the exact denominations for the ticket. find all the no of possible denominations u may prdict and u must be left wid atleast few paise…?
232. Direction problems….. A man goes 50 km NORTH, then turned left walked 40 km, then turned RIGHT…? in which direction is he in?
233. Out of 6 children the youngest is boy then find the probability that all the remaining children are boys.
Ans: 1/2^5 = 1/32
234. A man went 1mile to east den 1mile to north (un wanted stuff) and killed a bear what is the color of the bear?
235. Some age, average related problems (practice R. S.Aggarwal )
236. (1/2) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number..?
237. There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in hour B can fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80,160….if B filled in (1/16) th of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
Ans: 7 hours
238. In a market 4 man are standing .the average age of the four before 4years is 45, after some days one man is added and his age is 49.what is the average weight of all?
239. One train travels 200m from A to B with 70 km/ph. and returns to A with 80kmph, what is the average of their speed?
Ans: apply 2xy/x+y
240. The three sides of a triangle are given.18, 18, 28 cms and this triangle is conveted into a square .so what will be the area of the square generated?
Ans: – (18+18+28)/4. Then you will get the 1 side of a square and now find the area of a square.ie, side^2
241. An equation of the form 7x+17y+ 3z=54. Find the difference between x intercept and z intercept?
Ans: convert the above equation to this form and see the difference between a and c then you will get the answer
242. Permutation problem don’t remember exactly, but it was almost like there are n people sitting. Find the number of handshakes
243. Average wt of class is (some number) kg after adding wt of the teacher average wt of class becomes some number kg then what is the wt of the teacher??
244. A pizza shop, there were 2 kinds of pizzas available. But now they have introduces 8 new types, a person buy two different type pizzas of new type in how many ways he can select?
Ans: 8 X 7=56
245. Series Problem like 4 12 x 44 46 132 134. Find x? (I could not solve out this in exam).
246. There are 1000 pillars for a temple. 3 friends Linda, Chelsey, Juli visited that temple. (Som unrelated stuff) Linda is taller than Chelsey and taller than 2 of 1000 pillars. Juli is shorter than Linda. Find the correct sentence?
a) Linda is shorter among them
b) Chelsey is taller than Juli
c) Chelsey is shorter than Juli
d) Cannot determine who is taller among Chelsey and Juli
247. A toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes after every 4 min…………….. ………………………………. …………………………………… now train is defective and can make only 2 sounds…………….. ……………………………………………………………………… Find probability that same sound is repeated 3 times consecutively (1 OUT OF __)?
Ans: (1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2) = (1/8)
248. Probability problem (little tricky)
249. Some Statement and Conclusion type problems
250. Entry ticket to an exhibition ranges from 1p to 7p. You need to provide exact change at the counter. You have 7p coin. In how many parts will u divide 7p so that u will provide the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
a) 8 b) 7 c) 5 d) 3 (I cud not solve out the answer in exam)
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and largest campus and workforce in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Founded: 1 April 1968
Founders: Faquir Chand Kohli, Tata Sons, J. R. D. Tata