301) 5 friends went for week end party to Mc donalds restrurent and there they measure there weights .some irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrilevent data.finel measure is 155 kg then find the average weight of 5 people?
302. 2 pots are there.1st pot is filled with ink and 2nd pot is filled with water.take 1 spoon of ink from 1st pot and pore it in 2nd pot.and take 1 spoon of mixture from 2nd pot and pore it in 2nd pot then which one of following is true?
Ans: Water in 1st pot is less than the ink in 2nd pot.
303. There r ten spots in library and each spot has 4 tables and ten readers ar there . 10 student come into liberary and want 2 study in how many ways that they sit in d liberary so that no chair would be blank?
304. Question 1: There is a toy train that can make 10 musical sounds. It makes 2 musical sounds after being defective. What is the probability that same musical sound would be produced 5 times consecutively? ( 1 of _____) ?
Ans: 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/32
32 will be the answer.
(My friends got similar question with “3 times consecutively”; for that the answer would be 8)
305.Question 2: Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?
Luckily, I had this question twice. Initially I left it because of the confusing statement but when I got the same question second time with different names of the friends (Pooja and Prasad) then I gave a little extra time and solved it.
Ans: 20 years. I simply substituted the answers in the statement to find the best fit, because the statement in the question was pretty confusing.
306.Question 3: The ages of two friends is in the ratio 6:5. The sum of their ages is 66.After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 8:7?
Answer: 12 years.
307.Question 4: (There was a long story, I’ll cut short it). There are 5 materials to make a perfume: Lilac, Balsalmic, Lemon, Woody and Mimosaic. To make a perfume that is in demand the following conditions are to be followed: Lilac and Balsalmic go together. Woody and Mimosaic go together, Woody and Balsalmic never go together. Lemon can be added with any material. (Actually they had also mentioned how much amount of one can be added with how much quantity of the other; but that’s not needed for the question.) All of the following combinations are possible to make a perfume EXCEPT:
1) Balsalmic and Lilac
2) Woody and Lemon
3) Mimosaic and Woody
4) Mimosaic and Lilac
Answer: Mimosaic and Lilac. I have made the question here really easy to understand. But the actual question was in a twisted language and it was difficult to find the answer. It took me some time to get to the answer.
308.Question 5: A girl has to make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings.
Answer: 8 * 7 = 56
309.Question 6: A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are 25 cm, 11 cm and 31 cm. What will be the area of the square made from the same rope?
310.Question 7: What is the distance between the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz+d=0. (I do not remember the values of a,b,c,d)
311.Question 8: An athlete decides to run the same distance in 1/4th less time that she usually took. By how much percent will she have to increase her average speed?
312.Question 9: A horse chases a pony 3 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 4 hours to reach the pony. If the average speed of the horse is 35 kmph, what s the average speed of the pony? (This question was really long with loads of irrelevant statement)
313.Question 10: There is 7 friends (A1,A2,A3….A7). If A1 have to have shake with all with out repeat. How many hand shakes possible?(I don’t know the exact question but like this only)
314.Question 11: There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in a hour B can fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80,160…. if B filled in (1/16) the of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
315.Question 12: KEYWORDS: Sports readers,10 tables,4chairs per table, each table has different number of people then how many tables will left without at least one person?
Ans : 6
316. Two pipes A and B fill at A certain rate B is filled at 10,20,40,80,. If 1/16 of B if filled in 17 hours what time it will take to get completely filled
317. In a shopping mall with a staff of 5 members the average age is 45 years. After 5 years a person joined them and the average age is again 45 years. What’s the age of 6th person?
318. Find (4x+2y)/ (4x-2y) if x/2y=2
319. Find average speed if a man travels at speed of 24kmph up and 36kmph down at an altitude of 200m. Formula is 2xy/(x+y)
320. Same model as 4th question. But it is on flat surface. Formula is same 2xy/(x+y).
321. Six friends go to pizza corner there are 2 types of pizzas. And six different flavors are there they have to select 2 flavors from 6 flavors. In how many ways we can select?
322. 3, 15, x, 51, 53,159,161. Find X
323. 3 friends A, B, C went for week end party to McDonald’s restaurant and there they measure there weights in some order IN 7 rounds. A;B;C;AB;BC;AC;ABC. Final round measure is 155 kg then find the average weight of all the 7 rounds?
324. There is a toy train that can make 10 musical sounds. It makes 2 musical sounds after being defective. What is the probability that same musical sound would be produced 5 times consecutively? (1 of )?
Ans: 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/32
325. (There was a long story, I’ll cut short it). There are 5 materials to make a perfume: Lilac, Balsamic, Lemon, and Woody and MI mosaic. To make a perfume that is in demand the following conditions are to be followed: Lilac and Balsamic go together. Woody and MI mosaic go together; Woody and Balsamic never go together. Lemon can be added with any material. (Actually they had also mentioned how much amount of one can be added with how much quantity of the other; but that’s not needed for the question.) All of the following combinations are possible to make a perfume except:
1) Balsamic and Lilac
2) Woody and Lemon
3) MI mosaic and Woody
4) MI mosaic and Lilac
326. A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are A cm, B cm and C cm (I do not remember the numerical value). What will be the area of the square made from the same rope?
327. What is the distance of the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz=d (I do not remember the values of a, b, c, d).
Ans: sqrt ((d/a) 2+ (d/c) 2)
328. A scientist in Antarctic region conducts research on bears came to know that bears changes according to the location .once he moves 1 mile towards north, then he moves 2 miles towards east, then 1 mile towards south. Now the color of bear he found will be in:
329. (1/3) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number?
Ans is 18
330. There are 11 boys in a family. Youngest child is a boy. What is the probability of all are boys?
a) 2 b) 2! C) 2048 d) 1024
331. A boy bought a roll A of 56 inches wide and 141 yards long. He also bought B of 77 inches wide of length 333yards. We don’t want any details of B. Some irrelevant matter. Final question is Time taken for cutting A into 1 yard piece is 2 seconds. Time taken to cut into 141 pieces of 1 yard each is?
Ans is 2(141) =242
332. A Person buys a horse for 15 ponds, after one year he sells it for 20 pounds. After one year, again he buys the same horse at 30 pounds and sells it for 40 pounds. What is the profit for that person?
Ans is 15 pounds
333. John buys a cycle for 31 dollars and given a cheque of amount 35 dollars. Shop Keeper exchanged the cheque with his neighbor and gave change to John. After 2 days, it is known that cheque is bounced. Shop keeper paid the amount to his neighbor. The cost price of cycle is 19 dollars. What is the profit/loss for shop keeper?
Ans is 23(cost price + change given).
334. In a family there are some boys and girls. All boys told that they are having equal no of brothers and sisters and girls told that they are having twice the no. of brothers than sisters. How many boys and girls present in a family?
Ans is 4 boys and 3 girls
335. There are certain number of hats and gloves in a box. They are of 41 red, 23 green, 11 orange. Power gone. But a woman can differentiate between hats and gloves.How many draws are required to obtain a pair of each color.
336. There is a die with 10 faces. It is not known that fair or not. 2 captains want to toss die for batting selection. What is the possible solution among the following?
a) If no. is odd it is head, if no. is even it is tail
b) If no. is odd it is tail, if no. is even it is head
c) Toss a die until all the 10 digits appear on top face. And if first no. in the sequence is odd then consider it as tail. If it is even consider it as head.
I didn’t remembered last option and I don’t know answer.
337. 2 years ago of A is x times that of B. 3 Years hence the age of A is 4/3 times of B. What is the present age of B in binary form?
I didn’t remember the exact values of x and y. You can solve easily.
338. metal strip of width ‘x’ cm. 2 metal strips are placed one over the other, then the combine length of 2 strips is ‘y’. If ‘z’ strips are placed in that manner. What is the final width of that arrangement?
Ans is (z-1) (y-x) +x.
339. There are 100 men and 100 women on the dance floor. They want to dance with each other. Then which of the following statements is always true:
a) There are 2 men who danced with equal no. of women’s
b) There are 2 women who danced with equal no. of men
340. A game is played between 2 players and one player is declared as winner. All the winners from first round are played in second round. All the winners from second round are played in third round and so on. If 8 rounds are played to declare only one player as winner, how many players are played in first round
Ans is 28.
341. There are 3 boys A, B, C and 2 Girls D, E. D always sit right to A. Girls never sit in extreme positions and in the middle position. C always sits in the extreme positions. Who is sitting immediate right to E?
Ans is B or C
342. 49 members attended the party. In that 22 are males, 17 are females. The shake hands between males, females, male and female. Total 12 people given shake hands. How many such kinds of such shake hands are possible?
343. There are 1000 pillars for a temple. 3 friends Linda, Chelsea, Juli visited that temple. (Some unrelated stuff) Linda is taller than Chelsea and taller than 2 of 1000 pillars. Julia is shorter than Linda. Find the correct sentence?
a) Linda is shorter among them
b) Chelsea is taller than Julia
c) Chelsea is shorter than Julia
d) Cannot determine who is taller among Chelsea and Julia
344. Entry ticket to an exhibition ranges from 1p to 31p. You need to provide exact change at the counter. You have 31p coin. In how many parts will u divide 31p so that u will provide the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
a) 22 b) 31 c) 6 d) 32
345. There are 2 friends Peter and Paul. Peter age is twice as old as Paul when peter was as old as Paul is now. Sum of the present ages of Peter and Paul is 35.What is the present age of Peter?
Ans 20TCS Sample Question Pattern (Part 6)
346. A lady took out jacket and gloves, which are available in blue 26, yellow 30 and red 56. Power goes off, she can distinguish between gloves and jacket but not in colors. What’s the possibilty their she will pick up pair of gloves of each color.
347. Two bowls are taken, one contains water and another contains tea. one spoon of water is added to second bowl and mixed well, and a spoon of mixture is taken from second bowl and added to the second bowl. Which statement will hold good for the above?
(Ans: second liquid in first bowl is smaller than the first mixture in second bowl)
348. Rearrange and categorize the word ‘RAPETEKA’?
349. A lies on mon , tues , wed and speak truths on other days, B lies on Thurs, Fri, Sat and speaks truths on other days. One day a said I lied today and B said I too lied today. What is the day?
350. One grandfather has three grandchildren, two of their age difference is 3, eldest child age is 3 times youngest child’s age and eldest child’s age is two times of sum of other two children. What is the age of eldest child?
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and largest campus and workforce in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Founded: 1 April 1968
Founders: Faquir Chand Kohli, Tata Sons, J. R. D. Tata