Company: Wipro Technologies
1) Casse grain feed is used with a parabolic reflector to
a.) increase the gain of the system
b). increase the bandwidth of the system
c.) reduce the size of the main reflector
d.) allow the feed to be placed at a convenient point.
2) .In most microwave communication link rain drop attenuation is caused due to-
a.) scattering of microwaves by water drops of specific size.
b) scattering of microwaves by a collection of droplets acing as a single body.
c.) absorption of microwaves by water and consequent heating of the liquid
d.) absorption of the microwaves by water vapor in the atmosphere.
3) When a (75 – j40)W load is connected to a coaxial line of Z0 = 75 W at 6MHz then the load matching on the line can be accomplished by connecting-
a.) A short – circuited stub at the load
b.)An inductance at the load
c. )A short circuited stub at a specific distance from the load
d.)none of the above
4) As compared to analog multimeters, digital Multimeters’s are –
a.) less accurate
b.) more accurate
c.) equally accurate
5) When a signal of 10 mV at 75 MHz is to be measured then which of the following instruments can be used –
b.) Cathode ray oscilloscope
c.) Moving iron voltmeter
d.) Digital multimeter
4) Amplifier of class B has high theoretical efficiency of 78.5 percent because-
a.) It is biased almost to saturation
b.)Its quiescent current is low
c.)It’s output is an exact replica of it’s input
d.)It is biased well below cut off
5) The coupling that produces minimum interference with frequency response is-
a.) Direct coupling
c.) R C coupling
6) A superconductor is a –
a.) A material showing perfect conductivity and Meissner effect below a critical temperature
b.) A conductor having zero resistance
c.) A perfect conductor with highest di-magnetic susceptibility
d.) A perfect conductor which becomes resistance when the current density through it exceeds a critical value
7) When an inductor tunes at 200 KHz with 624 pF capacitor and at 600 KHz with 60.4 pF capacitor then the self capacitance of the inductor would be –
a) 8.05 pF
8) .The Q of a radio coil –
a.) is independent of frequency
b.) increases monotonically as frequency increases
c.) decreases monotonically as frequency increases
d.) increases upto a certain frequency and then decreases beyond that frequency
9) When a generator of internal impedance and operating at 1GHz feeds a load via a coaxial line of characteristic impedance 50 ohm then the voltage wave ratio on the feed line is –
10) Simple question but big one on average age.sth like a, b, c weighted separately 1st a, b, c ,then a& b, then b &c ,then c & a at last abc, the last weight was 167,then what will be the average weight of the 7 reading?
a)95 b)95.428 c)95.45 d)94
11) A toy train produces 10 different sounds when it moves around a circular toy track of radius 5 m at 10 m per min. However, the toy train is defective and it now produces only 2 different tunes at random. What are the odds that the train produces for consecutive music tones of the same type?
a) 1 in 16 B)1 in 4 c)1 in 8 d)1 in 32
12) A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are 25 cm, 11 cm and 31 cm. What will be the area of the square made from the same rope?
a)280.5625 b)240.5625 c)280.125 d)240
13) What is the distance between the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz+d=0
14) What is the distance of the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz=d (I do not remember the values of a, b, c, d).
15) A scientist was researching on animal behavior in his lab. He was very interested in analyzing the behavior of bear. For some reason he travelled 1mile in north direction & reached at North Pole. There he saw a bear. He then followed the bear around 1 hr with a speed of 2km/hr in east direction. After that he travelled in south direction & reached at his lab in2 hrs. Then what is the color of the bear?
a)white b)black c)gray d)brown
16) Out of 7 children the youngest is boy then find the probability that all the remaining children are boys
a)1/64 b)1/32 c)1/128 d)1/256
17) Usha bought a linen cloth and rope to build a tent. If the rope is 153 m long and it is to be cut into pieces of 1m length, then how many cuts are to be made to cut the ropes into 153 pieces?
a)153 b)152 c)154 d)155
18) Spores of a fungus, called late blight, grow and spread infection rapidly. These pathogens were responsible for the Irish potato famine of the mid-19th century. These seem to have attacked the tomato crops in England this year. The tomato crops have reduced and the price of the crop has risen up. The price has already gone up to $45 a box from $27 a box a month ago. How much more would a vegetable vendor need to pay to buy 27 boxes this month over what he would have paid last month?
a) $27 b)$ 18 c)$45 d)$ 486
19) A Person buys a horse for 15 ponds, after one year he sells it for 20 pounds. After one year, again he buys the same horse at 30 pounds and sells it for 40 pounds. What is the profit for that person?
20) John buys a cycle for 31 dollars and given a cheque of amount 35 dollars. Shop Keeper exchanged the cheque with his neighbor and gave change to John. After 2 days, it is known that cheque is bounced. Shop keeper paid the amount to his neighbor. The cost price of cycle is 19 dollars. What is the profit/loss for shop keeper?
a)loss 23 b)gain 23 c)gain 54 d)Loss 54