Company: IBM India Pvt Limited
The written test consists of two sections each of 45 minutes duration
This is the aptitude section consisting of 45 questions to be attempted in 45 minutes. As is in all the exams, this section is based on
the MBA pattern of examination.
his is the technical section. There is a separate paper for hardware and software. Candidates have to mention beforehand whether
they want to write the software or the hardware paper.This section also carries 45 questions to be completed in 45 minutes.
There are two rounds of interviews, viz., the technical and and the HR round
Technical and Personal Round for Software Candidates
Mainly subjective questions in C, Operating Systems, DBMS, Data Structures are asked interspersed with some on the
candidate’s personal background.
.Typical questions in C and Data Structures
1. WAP to interchange 2 variables without using the third one
2. Explain quick sort and merge sort algorithms amn derive the time-constraint relation for these.
3. Explain binary searching, fibonacci search
4. General questions on binary trees, transversals
5. General questions on graphs and their representation.
Typical Questions on Operating Systems
1. Demand paging, page faults, replacement algos, thrashing, etc
2. Paged segmentation and segment paging
In this section, case studies are presented are presented before the candidate to percieve his reaction and his/her communication
skills are tested. IBM expects teamwork and teamspirit from the candidates and their answers should reflect this attitude
Typical question is
You are a project manager of a big multinational project. There is a person X, assigned to you who has the best technical skills
required for the project, even better than you. But he wishes to be the project manager ,which the management does not permit,
due to which he threatens to quit. All others in the group are not as competent. Talk yourself out of this situation pretending that
the interviewer is the disgruntled employee and explain the necessary action.