Company: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
1. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
2. A person had to multiply two numbers. Instead of multiplying by 35, he multiplied by 53 and the product went up by 540. What was the raised product?
3. How many positive integer solutions does the equation 2x+3y = 100 have?
4 The total expense of a boarding house are partly fixed and partly variable with the number of boarders. The charge is Rs.70 per head when there are 25 boarders and Rs.60 when there are 50 boarders. Find the charge per head when there are 100 boarders.
5 Amal bought 5 pens, 7 pencils and 4 erasers. Rajan bought 6 pens, 8 erasers and 14 pencils for an amount which was half more than what Amal had paid. What % of the total amount paid by Amal was paid for pens?
d) None of these
6. lost Rs.68 in two races. My second race loss is Rs.6 more than the first race. My friend lost Rs.4 more than me in the second race. What is the amount lost by my friend in the second race?
7. Ten boxes are there. Each ball weighs 100 gms. One ball is weighing 90 gms.
i) If there are 3 balls (n=3) in each box, how many times will it take to find 90 gms ball?
ii) Same question with n=10
iii) Same question with n=9
(i) nC1= 3C1 =3 for 10 boxes .. 10*3=30
(ii) 10C1=10 for 10 boxes ….10*10=100
(iii)9C1=9 for 10 boxes …..10*9=90
8. (1-1/6) (1-1/7)…. (1- (1/ (n+4))) (1-(1/ (n+5))) = ?
leaving the first numerater and last denominater, all the numerater and denominater will cancelled out one another.
9. A face of the clock is divided into three parts. First part hours total is equal to the sum of the second and third part. What is the total of hours in the bigger part?
10. Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low temp and high temp is 100 c. then what is the low temp.
11. 2 oranges,3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15. 3 ornages 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples
12. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
13. Bhanu spends 30% of his income on petrol on scooter. ? of the remaining on house rent and the balance on food. If he spends Rs.300 on petrol then what is the expenditure on house rent?
14. A sporting goods store ordered an equal number of white and yellow balls. The tennis ball company delivered 45 extra white balls, making the ratio of white balls to yellow balls 1/5 : 1/6. How many white tennis balls did the store originally order for?
d)None of these
12. (1/2) of a number is 3 more than the (1/6) of the same number?
15.There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of 1 liter every hour in A, it gets filled up like, 10, 20, 40,80, 160..in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 liters, second hour it has 20 liters and so on). If tank B is 1/32 filled of the 21 hours, what is total duration of hours required to fill it completely?
16.Smita was making a cube with dimensions 5*5*5 using 1*1*1 cubes. What is the number of cubes needed to make a hollow cube looking of the same shape?
17. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 25blue, 7 red, and 9 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?
18. A game is played between 2 players and one player is declared as winner. All the winners from first round are played in second round. All the winners from second round are played in third round and so on. If 8 rounds are played to declare only one player as winner, how many players are played in first round?
19. There is 7 friends (A1, A2, A3….A7).If A1 have to have shake with all without repeat. How many handshakes possible?
20. On planet korba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 9 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. Echina grows in the form of circle, and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formula d = 4*√ (t-9) for t ≥ 9 where d represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar blast. Jagan recorded the radius of some echina at a particular spot as 7mm. How many years back did the solar blast occur?