Company: Wipro Technologies
The questions 1-5 are based on the following data six knights – P, Q, R, S, T and U – assemble for a long journey in two traveling parties. For security, each traveling party consists of at least two knights. The two parties travel by separate routes, northern and southern. After one month, the routes of the northern and southern groups converge for a brief time and at that point the knights can, if they wish, rearrange their traveling.
Parties before continuing, again in two parties along separate northern and southern routes. Throughout the entire trip, the composition of traveling parties must be in accord with the following conditions P and R are deadly enemies and, although they may meet briefly, can never travel together.
P must travel in the same party with S
Q can’t travel by the southern route
U can’t change routes
1. If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route, the other members of this party besides P and U must be
a) Q and S
b) Q and T
c) R and S
d) R and T
e) S and T
2) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three
members, which of the following is not a possible traveling party and route?
a) P,S,U by the northern route
b) P,S,T by the northern route
c) P,S,T by the southern route
d) P,S,U by the southern route
e) Q,R,T by the southern route
3) If one of the two parties of knights consists of U and two other knights and travels by the northern route, the other members of this party >besides U must be
a) P and S
b) P and T
c) Q and R
d) Q and T
e) R and T
4) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members of different parties, and R travels by the Northern route, then T must travel by the
a) southern route with P and S
b) southern route with Q and R
c) southern route with R and U
d) northern route with Q and R
e) northern route with R and U
5) If, when the two parties of knights encounter one another after a month, exactly one knight changes from one traveling party to the other traveling party, that knight must be
a) P b) Q c) R d) S e) T
6. X varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to
A) 3 B) 9 C) 1/3 D) 1/9
7. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x: y is equal to
A) 1: 2 B) 2: 1 C) 5: 1 D) 10: 1
8. A starts business with Rs.3500 and after 5 months, B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2 : 3. What is B’s contribution in the Capital?
A) Rs. 7500 B) Rs. 8000 C) Rs. 8500 D) Rs. 9000
9. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hours to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hours to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
A) 7 hours 30 minutes B) 8 hours C) 8 hours 15 minutes D) 8 hours 25 minutes
10. A and B can do a piece of work in 72 days; B and C can do it in 120 days; A dn C can do it in 4 days. Who among these will take the least time if put to do it alone?
A) 80 days B) 100 days C) 120 days D) 150 days
11. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 4 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 9 hours. If both taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
A) 4.5 hours B) 5 hours C) 6.5 hours D) 7.2 hours
12. Pipe a can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank completely?
A) 6 min. to empty B) 6 min to fill C) 9 min. to empty D) 9 min. to fill
13. A thief steals a car at 2.30 p.m and drives it at 60 kmph. The theft is discovered at 3 p.m and the owner sets off in another car at 75 kmph. When will be overtake the thief.
A) 4.30 p.m B) 4.45 p.m C) 5 p.m D) 5.15 p.m
14. Two trains starting at the same time from two stations 200 km apart, and going in opposite directions cross each other at a distance of 110 km from one of the stations. What is the ratio of their speeds?
A) 9: 20 B) 11: 9 C) 11: 20 D) None of these
15. Two trains each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross each other in 8 seconds. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is
A) 30 km /hr B) 45 km / hr C) 60 km/hr D) 75 km/hr