AXIS Bank Selection Test / Placement Paper generally contains following sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
- General Knowledge
(1) The driver of a car diving @ 376 km/hr locates a bus 40 meters ahead of him. After 20 seconds the bus is 60 meters behind . the speed of the bus is:
(a) 36 kmph (b) 20 m/scc.
(c) 72 m/scc.. (d) 18 kmph . (e) None of these
(2) Two trains 100 meters and 120 meters long are running in the same directions with a speed of 72 km/hr and 54 km./hr. in how much time will the first train cross the second?
(a) 50 Sec.. (b) 44 Sec.
(c) 38 Sec. . (d) 42 Sec. . (e) None of these
(3) A train overtakes two persons walking along a railway track. The first one walks at 4.5 km.hr . the other one walks at 5.4 km/hr. the train needs 8.4 and 8.5 seconds respectively to overtake them, What is the speed of the train if both the persons are walking in the same direction as the train?
(a) 66 km/h.. (b) 72 km/h.
(c) 78 km/h.. . (d) 81 km/h.. . (e) None of these
(4) A train 100 meter long takes 3 seconds to cross a man walking at the rate of 6km/hr in a direction opposite to that of the train. Find the speed of the train.
(a) 94 m/s (b) 100 m/s
(c)110 m/s (d) 108 m/s (e) None of these
(5) Subbu starts from a point O at 10.00 am, overtakes Ajay, who is moving in the same direction, at 11.00 a.m. and Bhuvan moving in the opposite direction at 12.00 (noon). If the speed of Bhuvan is one fourth the speed of Subbu, at what time will Ajay and Bhuvan cross each other.
(a) 1: 30 pm. (b) 2:pm
(c) 2:30 pm. (d) Can not be determined (e) None of these
(6) Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately. Then the tank will be full in:
(a) 6 hrs. (b) 6 hrs (c) 7 hrs (d) 7 hrs. (e) None of these
(7) Two pipes A and B when working alone can fill a tank in 36 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. A waste pipe C can empty the tank in 30 minutes.First A and B are opened After 7 minutes. C is also opened . In How much time will the tank be full ?
(a)1/60 (b) 1/30 (c) 7/20 (d) 13/20 (e) None of these
(8) Asmita invests an amount of Rs. 9535 at the rate of 4 per cent per annum to obtain a total amount of Rs. 11442 on simple interest after a certain period. For how many years did she invest the amount to obtain the total sum?
(a) 10 years (b) 2 years (c) 5 years (d) 4years (e) None of these
(9) Ms. Neelam deposits an amount of Rs. 16420 at simple interest and obtained 25451 at the end of 5 years. What was the rate of interest per year?
(a) 10.5% (b) 13% (c) 12.5% (d) 11% (e) None of these
(10) What would be the simple interest obtained on an amount of Rs. 3460 at the rate of 8.5 per cent per annum after 6 years?
(a) Rs. 1746 (b) Rs. 1764.6 (c) Rs.1766 (d) Rs.1756.4 (e) None of these
(11) Girish invested a certain amount at the rate of 8% p.a. for 6 year to obtain an amount of Rs. 28046.How much amount did Girish obtain as simple interest?
(a) Rs. 12550 (b) Rs. 9096 (c) Rs.18950 (d).Cannot be determined (e) None of these
(12) What amount of compound interest can be obtained on an amount of Rs. 4500 at the rate of 4% p.a. at the end of 2 years?
(a) Rs. 360 (b) Rs.358.40 (c) Rs.367.20 (d) Rs.350 (e) None of these
(13) Ms. Maya deposits an amount of Rs. 17800 and obtained Rs. 31684 at the end of 6 years. What was the rate of simple interest per year?
(a) 14.5 (b) 11 (c) 12.5 (d) 13 (e) None of these
(14) What would be the simple interest obtained on an amount of Rs. 5580 at the rate of 6.5 % p.a. after 5 years?
(a) Rs. 684 (b) Rs. 689 (c) Rs.645 (d) Rs.698 (e) None of these
(15) Ms. Anurag Awasthi deposits an amount of Rs. 56500 to obtain a simple interest at the rats of 12% p.a. for 3 years. What total amount will Mr. Anurag Awasthi get at the end of 3 year?
(a) Rs. 1825 (b) Rs. 1813.50 (c) Rs.1827.50 (d) Rs.1819 (e) None of these
Answer : (1) D (2) B (3) D (4) A (5) D (6) C (7) A (8) C (9) D (10) B (11) B (12) C (13) D (14) B (15) C
QID: 1- Select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
Scientist : Laboratory : : Astronomer : ?
Correct Answer: Observatory
QID: 2- Select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
CGK : DHL : : UYC : ?
Correct Answer: VZD
QID: 3- Select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
BCD : DEG : : FIJ : ?
Correct Answer: JLN
QID: 4- Select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
56 : 72 : : 90 : ?
QID: 5- Select the odd word/letters/number/number pair from the given alternatives.
QID: 6- Select the odd word/letters/number/number pair from the given alternatives.
QID: 7- Select the odd word/letters/number/number pair from the given alternatives.
QID: 8- Select the odd word/letters/number/number pair from the given alternatives.
QID : 9- A series is given with one term missing. Select the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
Red, Orange, Yellow, ?
QID : 10- A series is given with one term missing. Select the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
CM, EK, GI, ?
QID : 11- A series is given with one term missing. Select the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
FGH, NOP, VWX, ?
QID : 12- A series is given with one term missing. Select the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
4, 9, 25, 64, 169, ?
QID : 13- In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.
(I) The DRDO has tested the Smart Anti Airfield Weapon from an Indian Air Force aircraft.
(II) The lightweight high-precision guided bomb is one of the world class weapons systems.
(I) DRDO Chairman Dr. S. Christopher congratulated the DRDO and the IAF teams for the successful mission.
(II) The test was carried out by IAF’s Aircraft and System Testing Establishment.
1)Only conclusion II follows
2)Conclusion I and II both follow
3)Neither I nor II follow
4)Only conclusion I follows
Correct Answer:Neither I nor II follow
QID : 14- Sanjeev scored the highest marks in the class. Rahul scored more than Nirbhay but lesser than Sameer. Arpit scored more than Rahul. Who got the 4th Rank out of the five
QID : 15- Arrange the given words in the sequence in which they occur in the dictionary.
1)i, iv, ii, iii
2)iii, ii, iv, i
3)i, ii, iii, iv
4)i, iv, iii, ii
Correct Answer:i, iv, ii, iii
QID : 16- In a certain code language, “SELDOM” is written as “NPEMFT”. Howis “SACRIFICE” written in that code language?
QID : 17-
QID : 18- If “S” denotes “multiplied by”, “V” denotes “subtracted from”, “M”denotes “added to” and “L” denotes “divided by”, then
343 L 7 S 6 V 94 M 11 =?
QID : 19- In the following question, which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
QID : 20- A man moves 24 metres in south direction and turns 90 degrees anticlockwise and moves another 7 metres and takes a right turn and moves 3 metres and then moves 3 metres in the north direction. Find the distance between his initial and his final position.
Correct Answer:25 m
QID : 22- Nisha’s father’s brother-in-law is the brother of Neha. How is Nisha related to Neha?
4)Mother in law