HCL PLACEMENT PAPERS & PATTERNS FOR INFRA PROFILE
The whole process was divided into 5 rounds:
- 1. Grammar Test
- 2. Voice and Accent test.
- 3. Technical Interview
- 4. HR Interview
- 5. AMCAT online Test
1. GRAMMAR TEST
The grammar test was quite easy. It contained 20 questions like fill in the blanks with suitable words, error correction.
2. VOICE AND ACCENT TEST
This was the major round as most of the students were rejected at this stage. Groups of 25 students were made and around 4-5 were selected in each group.
Each student was given a topic on which they had to speak for 1 minute.
Topics were not at all tough. They were as simple as ” what did you do this morning?” I was also given an easy topic which was “Tell me about your favourite TV show?”
I would suggest that to clear this round all you need is confidence, voice clarity and do not fear. Reading aloud and speaking in English can do wonders for you.
All they wanted to judge is HOW you speak rather than WHAT you speak.
3. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
- Next day was the interview. I was asked the following questions:
- 1. What is a Hamming encoder? (My summer training project)
- 2. Which online technology is largely used these days?
- 3. What are the benefits of online shopping?
- 4. What is the difference between router and a modem?
- 5. What do you say about politics?
- 6. What is the difference between a good politician and a bad politician?
- 7. What shall be your priorities when you are given to design a website?
4. HR INTERVIEW
I was asked the following questions:
- 1. Introduce yourself
- 2. Who is your role model?
- 3. How can you say that you are flexible? (as mentioned in my resume)
- 4. How many triangles are there in a star diagram?
- My interview lasted for 5 minutes and I was selected.
5. AMCAT TEST
There were 3 sections.
- 1. English
- 2. Numerical Ability
- 3. Reasoning