Company: IBM India Pvt Limited
1. what does vector processing do?
2. What is the use of software configuration management?
3. what command is used to append two files using who that is listed by ls
4. If there is a problem in a network during transmission which is used to detect that?
a. protocol anaylzer, b. SNMP….
5. In C, x-=y+1 how will u represent it..
a. x=x+y+1, b.-x-y-1, c.-x+y+1…
6. What does Trigger do?
7. In which topology we use less amount of cables.
ring, bus, star, mesh….
8. Which sorting techniques is best for already sorted array…?.
ans: bubble sort
9. Which is said to be a realtime system.?
1. credit card systen
2 online flight reservation system
3 bridge control systen…not sure
10. decimal to octal conversion problem? ans A
11. A person having a/c number, a/c name,bank name, a/c type.. which is the primary among the above?
12. why data integrity is used?
13. If a primary key is an attribute of another one table means……..
1 candidate key
2 foreign kryey
14. int (*a). Explain this expression
15. Difference between 0123 and 123 in c
ans : 40
16. In c r+ is used for
1 read only
2 writing only
3 both 1 and 2
17. parity bit for what?
18. YWCC is what in options they had specified for compiler..
1. which 3 consequtive prime numbers gives the total
ans: 49 (13,17,19)
2. Rational numbers between 1 and 5
3. If boat travels in 10km/hr in still water. it travels 14kmhr in upstream and 26km/hr downstream what is speed of stream?
4. A cube of 3 unit has 6 surface is painted.If u cut the cube of 1 unit each how many cubes remain unpainted on all sides.
5. A person sold an article at Rs.141 at 6% loss,to gain a profit of 10% at what price the article should be sold.
6. If person 20 min at 12 kmph. then how many Kmph in 15 minutes
7. Three person shared bullets equally. 4 were shot total no of bullets remainin is equal to the no of bullets initially divided
ans : 18
8. 1st day of the year 1999 is sunday and what will be last day of the same year
9. 4 thieves entere a bakery and stoled bread one after the other.Each one took half of the total number of breads+half a
loaf.If 3 breads were remaining what is the total number of breads.
10. If a ball is dropped from 8ft and it bounces half the height each time. Then the total distance travelled
11. 6 squares of equal size are placed side by side to form a rectangle whose perimeter is 182. find the perimeter of the single
12. the average age of students in a class is 16.when a teacher of age 40 is added , the average becoems 17. what is the total
number of students
13. In 1930 a man’s age is the last 2 digit of the year intercganged in which he born and his granpa’s age also like the same.
14. 10pow10pow10 if one takes 1 sec to write a single digit then how long will it take to write the above _expression.
15. 2 trains coming in opposite directions in 12 km/hr distance between the trains is 24 km. an insect starts at the same time
when the train starts at a speed of 18km/hr. How many km the insect might have travelled before it got crashed between
the 2 trains.
16. Less than 30 of them are there. Among those 1/3rd know french 1/4th knows english, 1/2 knows german, then 1/8 of
them donn’t know any of the languages. Then find out how many are there totally.
17. what is the probability that 2 of them selected randomly have got the same month of birth?