- VOCABULARY.(SYNONYMS) 40 BITS. 20 MARKS. 20MIN.
- QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE 15 BITS 30 MARKS 15 MIN.
3. CRITICAL REASIONING.(COMPREHENSION) 50 BITS 50 MARKS 25 MIN.
4. PSYHOMETRIC TEST. 150 BITS 150 MARKS 30 MIN
250 MARKS 90 MIN
THE PSYCHOMETRIC TEST IS SIMPLE AND THERE IS NO
NEED OF OF PREPARATION. IT SIMPLY TEST YOUR PSYCHOLOGY. GIVE MOST
POSITIVE ANSWERS TO THIS SECTION. I AM SENDING SOME QUESTIONS TO
YOU. THE VOCAB. IS SAME. BUT THERE IS SOME CHANGES IN PASSAGES.BUT
THE IDEA IS SAME.
TAKE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS WHILE ANSWERING TEST.
1. DON’T WRITE FULL ANSWERS TO VOCAB. SECTION. DO ONLY 36 to 37 QWUE’s.BECAUSE THEY DISQUALIFIED SOME CANDIDATES HERE.
2. WE ARE SENDING ANSWERS TO THIS SECTION. SO YOU SIMPLY MUG UP ANSWERS.
3. FOR CRITICAL REASONING SECTION WE ARE SENDING ANSWERS.BUT SOME OF THESE ANSWERS MAY CHANGE. SO YOU PLEASE CHECK IN
EXAMINATION. THE ANSWERS IS SIMPLY (TRUE) OR (FALSE) OR
(CAN’T SAY) TYPE. FOR THIS SECTION YOU HAVE READ AS FAST AS YOU CAN. IT SIMPLY TEST YOUR COMPREHENSION ABILITY.
4. EVENTHOUGH WE ARE SENDING ANSWERS TO MATHEMATICAL ABILITY SECTION. YOU DO ” ROUGH ” WORK BACK OF YOUR PAGE. IT IS ALSO ONE OF IMPORTNANT CAUTION.
5. IN PSYCHOLOGY SECTION THE QWE’S MAY REPEATE AT LEAST FOUR TIMES. BY SIMPLY CHANGING SENTENCE FORMATION. SO BECAREFUL GIVE SAME ANSWERS TO THOSE QWE’S.
THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE MARKING. TIME 90 Min., APPEARED FOR EXAM =255 STUDENTS
SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW =122, FINALLY SHORT LISTED = 55 STUDENTS.
SECTION I VOCABULARY (SYNONYMS) TIME :15 Min. MARKS: 20.
DIRECT ANSWERS :
Admonish : usurp Meager :scanty Alienate : estrange
Merry : gay Brim : Boarder obstinate : stubborn
Pretention:pretentioius Tranquil:serene solicit : urge
subside : wane furtive :stealthy misery : disstress
volume :quantity veer : diverge stiffle :sniths
adhesive : — Hamper : obstruct belief : conviction
lament : wail to merit :to deserve incentive : —-
inert: passive Baffle : Frustrate Confiscate : appropriat
Covet : crave Caprice : whim Concur :acquiesce
Cargo :freight Dispel : Scatter Divulge : —–
Discretion: prudence Emancipate : liberate Efface : obliterate
Hover : linger Heap : to pile Instigate : incite
latitude : scope latent : potential lethergy : stupor
momentary : transient
—– means , for these words we are not able to reproduce answers.
PART II QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE ,TIME 20 Min. MARKS :30.
1. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much
2. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person.
3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round trip. fuel is taken 1/4 gallons mor3 in going than coming. what is the fiel consumed in coming up?
4. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and higherst temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature (40 C)
5. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day Average speed of forward journy is 40 mph. due to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mp how far he can select a picnic spot (120 miles).
6. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3, instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actually has to get ? (1/3).
7. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another ship started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships meet ? ( Ans is between I and J and close to J)
port G H I J K L
8. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbour building with what height shadow C ft is (B ft.)
A B C D E F G H
9. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph.Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was travelling at a speed of 35 mph. find the speed limit
10. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying atdestination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast speed at what time it retur4ns to the bustand
11.in a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to 25% of the mixture, howmuch R is to be added
( one part).
12. wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.
13. with 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
( 5 miles).
14. two trees are there. one grows at 3/5 of the other. in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years.
15. A storm will move with a velocity of towords the center in hours. At the same rate how much far will it move in hrs.
(but Ans is 8/3 or 2 2/3).
PART III: TIME 25 Min, MARKS :50.
CRITICAL REASONING : THERE WILL BE 13 PASSAGES WITH 50 QUESTIONS TIME 30 MIN.
HERE I AM SENDING ONLY SOME OF THE PASSAGES (these will give only rough idea)
(ANSWERS WILL BE AS YES/NO/CAN’T SAY we are giving our answers, please check.)
1. My father has no brothers. he has three sisters who has two childs each.
1> my grandfather has two sons (f)
2> three of my aunts have two sons(can’t say)
3> my father is only child to his father(f)
4> i have six cousins from my mother side(f)
5> i have one uncle(f)
2. Ether injected into gallablader to dissolve galstones. this type oneday treatment is enough for gallstones not for calcium stones. this method i alternative to surgery for millions of people who are suffering from this disease.
1> calcium stones can be cured in oneday (f)
2> hundreds of people contains calcium stones(can’t say)
3> surgery is the only treatment to calcium stones(t)
4> Eather will be injected into the gallbleder to cure the cholestrol
based gall stones(t).
3. Hacking is illigal entry into other computer. this is done mostly
because of lack of knowledge of computer networking with networks onemachine can access to another machine. hacking go about without knowing that each network is accredited to use network facility.
1> Hacking people never break the code of the company which they work for (can’t say)
2> Hacking is the only vulnerability of the computers for the usage of the data.(f)
3> Hacking is done mostly due to the lack of computer knowledge (f).
(there will be some more questions in this one )
4. alphine tunnels are closed tunnels. in the past 30 yrs not even a single accident has been recorded for there is one accident in the rail road system. even in case of a fire accident it is possible to shift the passengers into adjacent wagons and even the living fire can be detected and extinguished with in the duration of 30 min.
1> no accident can occur in the closed tunnels (True)
2> fire is allowed to live for 30 min. (False)
3> All the care that travel in the tunnels will be carried by rail
5. In the past helicopters are forced to ground or crash because of the formation of the ice on the rotors and engines. a new electronic device has been developed which can detect the watercontent in the atmosphere and warns the pilot if the temp.is below freezing temp. about the formation of the ice on the rotors and wings.
1> the electronic device can avoid formation of the ice on the wings (False).
2> There will be the malfunction of rotor & engine because of formation of ice (t)
3> The helicopters are to be crashed or down (t)
4> There is only one device that warn about the formation of ice(t).
6. In the survey conducted in mumbai out of 63 newly married house wives not a single house wife felt that the husbands should take equal part in the household work as they felt they loose their power over their husbands. inspite of their careers they opt to do the kitchen work themselves after coming back to home. the wives get half as much leisure time as the husbands get at the week ends.
1> housewives want the husbands to take part equally in the household(f)
2> wives have half as much leisure time as the husbands have(f)
3> 39% of the men will work equally in the house in cleaning and washing
7. copernicus is the intelligent. In the days of copernicus the transport and technology development was less & it took place weeks to comunicate a message at that time.wherein we can send it through satellite with in no time ———-.even with this fast developments it has become difficult to understand each other. 1> people were not intelligent during Copernicus days (f).
2> Transport facilities are very much improved in noe a days (can’ say)
3> Even with the fast developments of the techonology we can’t live happily.(can’t say)
4> We can understand the people very much with the development of communication(f).
8) senior managers warned the workers that because of the intfoductors
of japanese industry in the car market. There is the threat to the workers. They also said that there will be the reduction in the purchase of the sales of car in public.the interest rates of the car will be increased with the loss in demand
1> japanese workers are taking over the jobs of indian industry.(false)
2> managers said car interests will go down after seeing the raise in interest rates.(true)
3> japanese investments are ceasing to end in the car industry.(false)
4> people are very much interested to buy the cars.(false)
9) In the totalitariturican days,the words have very much devalued.Inthe present day,they are becoming domestic that is the words will be much more deval In that days, the words will be very much effected in political area.but at present,the words came very cheap .we can say they come free at cost.
1> totalitarian society words are devalued.(false)
2> totalitarian will have to come much about words(t)
3> The art totalitatian society the words are used for the political speeches.
10) There should be copyright for all arts. The reele has came that all the arts has come under one copy right society,they were use the money that come from the arts for the developments . There may be a lot of money will come from the Tagore works. We have to ask the benifiters from Tagore work to help for the development of his works.
1> Tagore works are came under this copy right rule.(f)
2> People are free to go to the because of the copy right rule.(can’t say)
3> People gives to theater and collect the money for development.(can’t say)
4> We have ask the Tagore resedents to help for the developments of art.(can’t say)
NOTE : DO 1,2,3,4,5 PASSAGES WHICH ARE EASY. LAST BUT ONE ALSO. DO THAT
PASSAGES CAREFULLY. TIME WILL BE INSUFFICIENT. PASSAGES ARE NOT AS EXACTLY AS ABOVE. THERE IS HIGHLEVEL ENGLISH IN ALL THE PASSAGES, WE ARE GIVING IN OUR OWN WORDS , U CANNOT EXPECT THE SAME TYPE OF ENGLISH THERE. WHILEANSWERING U SHOULD BE VERY FAST, DO NOT WASTE TIME, IT IS INSUFFICIENT,TRY TO ANSWERAS MANY AS POSSIBLE.
SECTION 4. PSYCHOMETRIC TEST.
DO NOT BOTHERE ABOUT MUCH ABOUT THIS TEST. BE OPTIMISTIC WHILE ANSWERE.THERE WILL BE 150 QUESTIONS IN 30 MIN. THE QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION MAYREPEATED WITH SLIGHT VARIATIONS ANSWER SHOULD BE SAME IN BOTH THE CASES.
(ans will be as yes/no/can’t say)
1> you will be interested in social activities.
2> while going upstairs you will move two steps at a time.
3> you will be making friendship with same sex or with opposite sex also.
4> your friends will consider u as a leader in your group
5> people think that your’e serious minded
6> some times you feel dull without any reason.
7> your’e host or hostes for several parties.
8> relatives come to your house you will entertain them.
9> you will do work for longtime without tireness.
10> in your company you want lead the organasition.
etc.. the qwestions may repeate several times so becareful and give same ans’s.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra and largest campus and workforce in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Founded: 1 April 1968
Founders: Faquir Chand Kohli, Tata Sons, J. R. D. Tata