Company: HCL Technologies
Company: HCL Tech., Chennai.
Place: Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
The written test was in the morning and to my surprise, it consisted of only two sections Aptitude(35) and Technical(20). The Aptitude part had all unexpected topics like Data sufficiency, some puzzles, passages and very few question on aptitude but tough. But the technical part was easy with questions covering on all topics like C (programs on pointers), C++, OS, Software Engineering, Computer fundamentals.
There were negative markings, +1 for every correct answer, -1 for incorrect and 0 for unanswered one with 1 hr and 30 mints time. There was also section cut-off. I was pretty confident of my technical paper.
1. Language extension is
2. what is thrashing
3. what type of testing is testing the function interface.
4. Const *ptr, *const prt difference?
5. number of links need to connect all nodes in mesh network.
6. black patching is done in which phase?
7. 1 question on C using malloc()
8. number of * that will be printed for the call fun(5)
If( a > 1)